• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Swordsman1219

Major
27 Badges
Jun 7, 2008
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
I as New England cannot seem to build a colonial fortress in one of my remaining claims that I took from GB... How would I edit the save so that the province has a colonial fortress?

PS: New England cannot for whatever reason build colonial buildings herself all it says is "Impossible" even though I have the needed resources.

The cause of the problem, AFAIK, can be either:

- You have lower prestige than others countries with claims in the region you want to colonize.
- You don't have a naval base with enough range or close enough if it's a coastal province OR you don't have territory nearby the region.
- It's life rating is below your minimum colonization life rating.

how do i increase naval range, and how do i check the LR of the province so i can find out how to lower it, or how can i edit the save(what do I have to add to the file) to give myself the fortress in the province, what is the proper code for the fortress. Is it "Colonial_fortress"

does anyone know

Last edited:
how do i increase naval range,

By upgrading naval bases; a new naval base level becomes available with each railroad tech.

and how do i check the LR of the province so i can find out how to lower it,

You would have to make it higher, actually.

Code:
province = { 
    id = 17 
    [COLOR="Red"]life_sustainability = 15[/COLOR] 
    goods = timber 
    amount = 25 
    }

You would have to change the number in the field indicated to a higher one. 25 should do.

or how can i edit the save(what do I have to add to the file) to give myself the fortress in the province, what is the proper code for the fortress. Is it "Colonial_fortress"

does anyone know

Code:
province = { 
    id = 285 
    life_sustainability = 40 
    [COLOR="Lime"]claim = fort
    claimant = "TAG"[/COLOR] 
    goods = fish 
    amount = 15 
    }

Include the indicated parts in the province's entry in the save game, replace TAG with your country's tag.

I did as you said, and now I have one of the colonial buildings in each province(one has a mission one a fort one a coaling station and one a trade post) it is a 4 province land that I want to claim, but when I look for claim colony its greyed out, and says I need to either have all the lands in the colony(which I do) or one of each building in each land which I do. So I'm confused

I did as you said, and now I have one of the colonial buildings in each province(one has a mission one a fort one a coaling station and one a trade post) it is a 4 province land that I want to claim, but when I look for claim colony its greyed out, and says I need to either have all the lands in the colony(which I do) or one of each building in each land which I do. So I'm confused

That's weird. Maybe you're missing something? Which colony is it?

It is the Gold Coast
the provinces are Bathhurst which has a Mission
Freetown which has a Coaling Station
Sekondi which has a Trading Post
Accra which has the Colonial Fortress

So why doesn't it work guys?

It is the Gold Coast
the provinces are Bathhurst which has a Mission
Freetown which has a Coaling Station
Sekondi which has a Trading Post
Accra which has the Colonial Fortress

So why doesn't it work guys?

I have no idea. I'll look into it if you upload the save.

Andre- did you try the save?

I think the problem is that VIP has colonization bans. If you delete these lines from your save (lines 85-93), it might work:

Code:
    treaty = { 
        id = { type = 4712 id = 918892 } 
        type = colony_stop 
        country = "NEN" 
        country = "NEN" 
        continent = 5 
        startdate = { year = 1836 month = january day = 1 } 
        expirydate = { year = 1890 month = january day = 1 } 
        }

it worked perfectly thanks...

how can i gain more population like Pops in the area of Hartford because I have a few factories there that are understaffed and the area just isnt getting population like what New York is(NY has like 80 pop, Hartford like 8)

Last edited:
;)

You mean more immigration? I'm not sure there's anything you can do that could alter that, as it's linked with how many provinces the state in question has.

I tried those, none of which work... a couple of the links are dead

Andre- Do you know the values to edit using a hex editor to change the end date of the game?
or best yet do you have a working 1.04 NTL patch

Last edited:
I tried those, none of which work... a couple of the links are dead

Andre- Do you know the values to edit using a hex editor to change the end date of the game?
or best yet do you have a working 1.04 NTL patch

Unfortunately, no and no.