Coalitions against Colonial Nations??

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Borgio

Second Lieutenant
22 Badges
May 9, 2017
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
So, my CN in Mexico has single handedly declared war on New Spain and has taken 18-20 provinces in the peace deal, which led to a coalition against them. Needless to say, other Spanish CNs have joined that Coalition, and are now in a war where I can try to enforce peace on the war leader (Tzotzil), which he is obviously going to refuse, and tadaaa! I'm at war with Spanish Colonies and I can take over Stuff from Spain without fighting them directly and without Spain being able to enforce peace on me (fighting them directly would be impossible)

1652754865932.png

1652754904643.png

Even my own Ally Yokotan was able to join that Coalition and now I have to fight them. I thought Yokotan shouldn't be able to join a coalition against their ally's subject in the first place...

1652755239839.png

The most surprising thing was, that Spain did NOT intervene in my CN's war against their CN in Mexico. Any player in that same situation would have enforced peace on them. Did my CN know that Spain couldn't / wouldn't interfere, because otherwise it would have been incredibly stupid by them to attack a CN of the world's biggest colonial power?

Reactions:
The most surprising thing was, that Spain did NOT intervene in my CN's war against their CN in Mexico. Any player in that same situation would have enforced peace on them. Did my CN know that Spain couldn't / wouldn't interfere, because otherwise it would have been incredibly stupid by them to attack a CN of the world's biggest colonial power?
Intervention is impossible because colonial nations aren't great powers and the other side has no great powers.
You can enforce only on attacker so you could enforce on coalition but Spain can't enforce on you because you are defender.

This should be fixed or you can tell your CN to declare wars, take land and later abuse enforce peace

Well, my CN had to win the war against New Spain in the first place (which I really wasn't sure they would), and apart from giving subsidies I had no way of influencing this war. The first Spanish CN has already peaced out after I occupied all of their land and even given me a province, they seem to NOT have the extra 30 war enthusiasm that coalition members normally have, and surprisingly I can offer them separate peace deals :oops: