• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CO word of the week #4 - 48/2018: After Industries release!

Hi everyone!

In today's CO word of the week I will explain what we do after a release day. On the release week of Industries DLC we had Reddit AMA (https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9qqblc/we_are_colossal_order_the_finnish_developers_of/) which was really fun! We got overwhelming number of questions and tried to answer as many of them as possible. On Wednesday we had a cake to celebrate the release of Industries!

industries release.jpg

Cake to keep the developers happy.

Besides the cake, we follow the forums closely for any bug reports (The best place to post about problems is the Support & Bug reports area) and try to help with any gameplay questions. The community has been great and I've seen you helping each other!

With bug reports we first verify if they are caused by a mod or not. Our QA works hard to compile a list of bugs and figure out how to reproduce them, which can be very time consuming and challenging. Sometimes it is not obvious what causes the issue, so providing as many details as possible in a bug report really helps! After a fix has been implemented, it will go to the QA again to be verified as fixed and then a patch can be provided to you!

At the moment we are for example trying to figure out what causes vehicles to be unable to cross the center line Small Industry Roads and why cargo train/airplane/ship exports do not generate income from Industries. We are also investigating some spelling mistakes and checking other minor issues. We are continually gathering feedback about game mechanics as well as suggestions for new content.

Do you have any topics related to Industries that you would like to hear more about?

We are also super excited to hear what kind of Christmas songs Paradox is making based on your suggestions! Maybe we'll be able to squeeze in a small gift from Colossal to you guys ;)

(yes, it's a Chirper hat)

• 1Like
Reactions:
The developers still don't know? o_O

Finding a colon where a semicolon is supposed to be in a line of code is extremely annoying to see. It could be as simple as that. It's almost certainly not though. I'm just happy I'm not in programming/QA.

• 1Like
Reactions:
At the moment we are for example trying to figure out what causes vehicles to be unable to cross the center line Small Industry Roads

So it IS a game bug and not a deliberate design choice as some players claim. I'm glad that's cleared up. I'm looking forward to a patch that fixes these problems, because I don't want to have to completely revamp my road network to remove all industrial roads. My city is on hiatus until then.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I'd love to know whether Toll Booths are supposed to affect cargo pathfinding as I hoped they would, and whether it could be made to work.
Despite two toll booths at max price in the way, some industry buildings still want to export through truck despite all map edges having a train connection with a path similar to the highway's.

• 1Like
Reactions:
since y'all love cakes and parties and celebrating things so much...how about the next DLC be EVENTS! (parades, grand openings, award shows, on location film shoots, celeb meet n greets, holidays, video game tournaments, elections, bank robberies, high speed chases....)

• 1Like
Reactions:
since y'all love cakes and parties and celebrating things so much...how about the next DLC be EVENTS! (parades, grand openings, award shows, on location film shoots, celeb meet n greets, holidays, video game tournaments, elections, bank robberies, high speed chases....)

Some kind of event system might be cool
Not sure if the engine can handle it though

• 1Like
Reactions:
Boy howdy it's nice hearing from you guys. Would be cool hearing about how you decide what content would go into the next DLC (using past examples instead of spoilers, obviously).

Maybe include a bit about the amount of work actually goes into programming stuff too, like a dev journal on a particular feature.

Happy to hear you're looking into the bugs.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, I just read something interesting on the Cities Skylines reddit about the industries exporting bug. It might be that the income is added to the transportation and not to the industries tab. This means money is not disappearing but only the location is wrong. I hope this helps

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, I just read something interesting on the Cities Skylines reddit about the industries exporting bug. It might be that the income is added to the transportation and not to the industries tab. This means money is not disappearing but only the location is wrong. I hope this helps
Especially tourist transportation. Over 30.000 income from 3.500 tourists. o_O

• 1Like
Reactions:
Looks like people are still spreading misinformation. The money has been experimentally proven to be disappearing, and Egosoft have confirmed they reproduced the bug.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I think it is Time to work a New Game Cities Skylines in Connection with more included from „Cities in Motion“ a kind of mixture from Both.

I find the acutally Game very nice, but it comes to the limits of the Engine. This Game is approximately 3-4 years Old.

time for something new!

and I know, no matter what you develop, it will be great!

• 1Like
Reactions: