• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi Everyone,

This week at Colossal Order: Happy! Tired. Excited! And we can't wait to hear what you think of the Scenario editor and Natural Disasters! I know you are mostly eager to read the patch notes, so here they are below.

Come say hi at Paradox Fan Gathering on Friday if you are there!

Cheers,
Mariina

1.6.0-f4

Paid content Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters Expansion
  • 7 disasters
    • Tsunami
    • Tornado
    • Thunderstorm
    • Earthquake
    • Sinkhole
    • Forest fire
    • Meteor strike
  • Building fire now spreads
  • Random disasters in sandbox play
  • 5 scenarios
  • New services to counteract disasters
    • Space Radar
    • Weather Radar
    • Tsunami Buoy
    • Earthquake Sensor
    • Firewatch Tower
  • Re-building systems for disaster aftermath
    • Disaster Response Unit
    • Pumping Service
    • Large and Small Shelter
    • Tank Reservoir
  • Helicopters for some existing services and helicopter depots
    • Fire Fighting Helicopter Depot
    • Medical Helicopter Depot
    • Police Helicopter Depot
  • Planning escape routes for Shelters
  • New Chirps
  • 3 new Chirper hats
  • 6 new unique buildings and a new monument
  • 12 new Steam achievements
  • 5 new policies
  • Fresh Water Outlet (new Water Service building)
Free content for all players:
  • Scenario editor and ability to share scenarios in the Workshop
  • 3 radio stations
  • Game engine upgraded to Unity 5.4
  • Load/save/new -panels now support sorting asset list by name or modification time
  • Extra buildings available also in the European theme
  • Paradox Store logo is now Steam logo
  • AssetImporter:
    • Imported asset scaling textbox is automatically set to match template mesh size to prevent confusion with very small models
    • Fixed preview camera showing building tiles for vehicles
  • Warnings for badly optimized or very large custom assets added
  • Sub building serialization + sub building tool in asset editor
  • Prop/tree variation serialization + asset editor tool
  • Asset importer prop/tree templates
  • Asset editor props more organized
  • Ambulance and police car siren volumes tweaked

• Fixed: After Dark: Collision: Citizens sometimes walk in mid-air to reach the restaurant pier.
  • Fixed: Landscaping: None of the new props are localised in any part of the game
  • Fixed: Snowfall: Trees don't have a thumbnail picture in their tooltip on winter themed maps
  • Fixed: Snowfall: After the Christmas tree burns down the tree is unscathed.
  • Fixed: Snowfall: Tool names partially overlap their corresponding icons
  • Fixed: Stadiums: Juventus Stadium and Camp Nou are very brightly lit at night
  • Fixed: Stadiums: Football Stadium model doesn't look burned down after having burned down
  • Fixed: Stadiums: "Burned Down!" signifier is placed inside the Football Stadium
  • Fixed: Stadiums: Football Stadium gets an "already built" icon when it shouldn't
  • Fixed: Paradox account: Wrong password error message is ambigious
  • Fixed: Paradox account: Missing translation in the Paradox account error message.
  • Fixed: Asset Editor: Asset Importer category icons have no tooltips
  • Fixed: Asset Editor: An intersection with roads from both expansions could have both badges displayed.
  • Fixed: Asset editor: Impossible to import OBJ meshes for new assets
  • Fixed: Content Manager - Unsubscribing too many workshop items at once leads to a crash.
  • Fixed: Memory errors when over 16gb installed in Linux
  • Fixed: The save games in the "Load Game" menu are strangely sorted instead of just sorted by date
  • Fixed: Gameplay: Budget sliders create low land value
  • Fixed: Park prop assets should have an indicator that they come from a specific DLC or mod
  • Fixed: Milestones: Boom Town: Placeholder text displayed when hovering over the tram icon.
  • Fixed: Bus: Missing translation for "Modify Line" and "Lines Overview".
  • Fixed: Total line count in the public transport details panel is missing localization for other languages than english
  • Fixed: Asset Editor: Saving a new asset with some default templates for vehicle assets displays a warning message

Hah, found some more fixes not mentioned in the list :D

• Introduction of doppler effect (sound)
  • Fading sounds
  • Ambulance, police and deathcare "cims" now disappear at doors of buildings instead of floating mid-air and reappear in front of the building immediately after.
  • Firefighters need less time to extinguish a fire (guess to balance the fires spreading rate, so probably only DLC content)
  • Added working helipad to vanilla hospital (DLC)
That was sneaky! ;)

Reactions:
Thanks for making the Natural Disasters a DLC, because i would have never downloaded it, not even for free, because i know myself, i would click it by accident. Really, these types of games or not about natural disasters, allthough it is funny to destroy a city when it fails. I have the feeling you are done with the game? It still is the best city builder out there. Day/night cycle was very awesome, thank you. Still waiting for the weather DLC to become a bit cheaper so i can afford it.

I need to say, i hate paying for a day/night dlc or weather effects. The concept is that when you buy a game for 60$, you get basics like weather? But i understand, in these huges games weather is a lot of work and is actually some sort of an add-on. I understand to economy behind it, but by now, right before the holidays, i would have expected a bit more power coming from the studio. How about an actual expansion to the game? No ideas? Think about how the add-on to SC4, Rush Hour. This is all you need to do. Don't make another themepack, don't make the same mistake Maxis did, they got patent on that too so, haha.

So if you don't have Skylines 2 in the works, i would suggest you make an actual add-on, to generate more cashflow and more buzz. Besides, must be more fun for the developers and the community. You missed the holiday sweetspot so spend a little time on it. Start a thread for ideas. It is already very complete but the city Always need more. Just don't force to many imaginairy things, like candy themed amusement parks or huge pyramids to live in (Societies) or, well you know, ufo's. I'm talking about infrastructural add-on. An official DLC for the highway system, with proper laning tools. It would break some mods, sure. But it also gives non-modding gamers a change to build like a pro. It would also force new mods because the old ones most likely will break. It is hard to think about more add-ons for a huge game like this, i start coming up with ideas like farming dlc, suburban planning dlc, proper metro/tram dlc, etc. But definitely more towards actual content and less towards effects and so on.

Game is still the best city builder out there and i thank you for that. Won't be surpassed for a long time. To keep the buzz going, i would suggest proper infra-DLC, not to expensive. Maybe profitshare with some modding experts and standardise certain mods into an official DLC/Add-on. I'm ok with the current mods but i need something solid for a big city and i want it to be official so i can spend two years building it with bug support and updates, then ofcourse expand it with mods. As this is my first post here, i would like to take opppertunity to thank modding community, they complete the game. Without it, it wouldn't be what it is, the best in its genre.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Broken assets:
Custom assets: 459295509.Oil Truck Trailer:
Duplicate prefab name
Custom assets: 459294944.Forestry Trailer:
Duplicate prefab name

Get this error. I try now to turn off all custom asset, but still same error?
What should i do next?

This comes too
Object reference not set to an instance of an object [System.NullReferenceException]

Details:
No details

Last edited:
i find that when you activated the "Evacuate" Button, when you place a Evacuation Route, the evacuees is walking around/looking for another shelter even the shelter is obviously near. But I'm going to look at it if they're all going to the shelter.

What a relief! It's just great!

Since Ambient Sounds Tuner mod stopped working I couldn't take a close look at my downtown not even small commercial districts. Sirens were INCREDIBLY ANNOYING. Well done.
Ambient sounds tuner worked all the way to the 1.6.0 patch, and there is now a fixed 2.0 version by BloodyPenguin :)

Reactions:
@co_martsu
Umm, I haven't checked it in game, but it seems that you didn't change the icon for parks. Could you please change this tree icon View attachment 221281 to something else because the trees aren't even located in that sub menu anymore. I always get confused even though I know that the trees are in the landscaping menu. :confused:

You could do with some other UI improvement too. I'm hoping for a complete revamp. Here are some of the things that almost drive me crazy in the main menu alone...I mean it's not literally unplayable but it shows how unpolished and ugly the current UI looks.

View attachment 221282 Why does it say DLCs if the word DLC is supposed to mean Downloadable Content? Is it like Downloadable contents?
View attachment 221283 Why are some of these icons rounded and others blocky? That last one even misses the money icon...
View attachment 221284 There's a weird little gray line going through this button o_O

I think this concept is quite golden. :cool: It's centered, clean and consistent.
228e73223908b04d7e1753f3d28a6fd514bba5d3f95.jpg
Good job, redesigning the splash/welcome screen.