• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This week has been intense! We have been working on a smaller patch to celebrate the start of the 2016 UEFA European Championship and tomorrow there will be a free football (the REAL kind) related mini DLC available for free!

Alongside the mini DLC there will be a small patch to fix a few issues and adding the pre-order content for everyone to enjoy. Most interesting adjustments in the patch are the solar power plants producing now 70% of the daytime output and After Dark's Tourism specialization attracting more tourists. The full patch notes are listed below.

The team at Colossal will continue to work hard on bringing new content and improvements to Cities: Skylines in the future and I hope you enjoy this little update in the meanwhile!

Cheers,
Mariina

1.5.0-f4

Free Football DLC, available to download on Steam Thursday the 9th of June
  • Football Stadium
  • Football match mechanics
  • Possibility to customize football team colour
  • New policies
  • New Chirps
  • New Chirper hat
Patch for all the players, available after devs get to the office on Thursday (UTC+2/EET)
  • Pre-order content added to the base game!
  • Email subscription included on the Paradox account creation page
  • Fixed: 'Unsubscribe All' and 'Add style' are inconsistent with rest of the buttons in Content Manager under Style and Steam Workshop tabs
  • Fixed: Incorrect lighting on H2 3x2 Office13 building during day
  • Fixed: {0} symbol appear next to the price while buying new tile in DE
  • Fixed: Solar Plant producing lower amount of energy during night (Solar power plant now produces 70% of the daytime output during the night)
  • Fixed: Parks & Recreation policy mentioned the Decoration budget (now Decoration is removed)
  • Fixed: Map Editor: Saving a new map (in the map editor) and then loading it result in broken map
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Design: Tourism Specialization does not attract more tourists
  • Fixed: Expansion 1: Bikers stands backwards when waiting at a red light
  • Fixed: LOC: GER: The "Young Adults" text in a district's Info Panel is cut off
  • Fixed: Text: Names exceeding 14 characters are cut-off
  • Fixed: Text: UI: The text fields of citizens or vehicles info panels can overlap when using long custom names
  • Fixed: UI: The number of unread chirps overlaps city notifications, causing it to flicker as well
  • Fixed: Text: UI: Several characters are cut off when displayed in the City Name text field, of the New Game panel
  • Fixed: Bus doors are on the wrong side when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Snowplow blade face the wrong way when using left hand traffic
  • Fixed: Landscaping: Tooltip for "Parks and Recreation" policy in milestone menu mentions "Decoration"
  • Fixed: LOC: RU: The text box for "Cost: {0} / cell" ("Стоимость: {0} / клетка") is overlapping in Hydro Power Plant info

I wasn't expecting a football dlc that's for sure! Thanks CO for a great little patch!

Quick question @co_martsu, will this new match mechanic work on steam workshop football stadiums created before patch 1.5 or will all football stadiums automatically include this mechanic once the patch goes live?

Last edited:
Reactions:
How am I supposed to lord over the plebs who didn't preorder if I don't have exclusive content?

Nah, just kidding, that's fantastic news.

Reactions:
Great bit of DLC there, love it! Can't wait to customise my city's team's colours! Also, the fixes relating to the doors on the buses and the snow plough blade just show the attention to detail you guys have. It's amazing! Keep it up!

Reactions:
"after devs get to the office on Thursday (UTC+2/EET)"

Do you not have daylight savings time in Finland?

Reactions:
Why bother posting in this thread or even keeping track of this forum then?
Because I can, and I might have changed my mind and the need to know what's going on. but ass I hate football, really detest it, then I won't ever play this game, or any other CO game again.

Bye.

Reactions:
Fixed: Solar Plant producing lower amount of energy during night (Solar power plant now produces 70% of the daytime output during the night)

That's a really nice update, I think this will make solar much more convenient to use!

Reactions:
it's not, it's a football stadium ;p

Reactions: