• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

starksnake82

Recruit
Jun 30, 2020
hi I purchased the newest dlc bundle and for some reason I cant play with more than one friend at a time, im the only one with the dlc but I read earlier that aslong as the host has the dlc then the rest should still be able to play.i get one friend in and as soon as the other joins the first is kicked out it doesn't matter which is in first either

i've not heard of this happening

there are 2 things i want you to check

first, see if either of them can host the online session for stellaris for all 3 of you [yes if the host has dlc all other players get access to it...but that doesn't sound like the problem]

second, see if any other game the 3 of you have in common that has online multiplayer also has this issue

once you've done this reply to this post with your findings, i can then attempt to help you further

i've not heard of this happening

there are 2 things i want you to check

first, see if either of them can host the online session for stellaris for all 3 of you [yes if the host has dlc all other players get access to it...but that doesn't sound like the problem]

second, see if any other game the 3 of you have in common that has online multiplayer also has this issue

once you've done this reply to this post with your findings, i can then attempt to help you further
Hi I tried having both of them tryi g to host, first I thought it may be my Internet as theirs is alot faster but was the same for both of them, we've also tried a few other games with no problems on any of them. Also tried disabling the dlc's but no difference. Should've just stayed on the pc version

you all might want to uninstall the game
hard restart your systems
and then reinstall it

if that doesn't work you'd need to contact tech support of what ever system you are on

hi I purchased the newest dlc bundle and for some reason I cant play with more than one friend at a time, im the only one with the dlc but I read earlier that aslong as the host has the dlc then the rest should still be able to play.i get one friend in and as soon as the other joins the first is kicked out it doesn't matter which is in first either

I believe you've been misled. I'm not aware of any DLC-sharing happening when you host a game. I haven't played MP since before Utopia dropped, but I could not connect with my friends who did not have the same set of DLC that I did. If you're right and they are allowing this, that's an excellent addition but I haven't seen anything to confirm what you're saying.

I believe you've been misled. I'm not aware of any DLC-sharing happening when you host a game. I haven't played MP since before Utopia dropped, but I could not connect with my friends who did not have the same set of DLC that I did. If you're right and they are allowing this, that's an excellent addition but I haven't seen anything to confirm what you're saying.
this is a thing, and as far as I know has been a thing
if the host has dlc others in the game don't, those players can make use of anything that dlc offers

this is even on the pc version as well, as i own all the dlc and some of my friends that play the game don't, so they get the chance to mess around with stuff they don't own

this is a thing, and as far as I know has been a thing
if the host has dlc others in the game don't, those players can make use of anything that dlc offers

this is even on the pc version as well, as i own all the dlc and some of my friends that play the game don't, so they get the chance to mess around with stuff they don't own

I suppose I stand corrected then. I did get connection errors before Utopia that I assumed were related to DLC versions and haven't been able to connect with any of my friends who don't own the DLC but if this is the case, then I'll have to chalk it up to coincidence.

I suppose I stand corrected then. I did get connection errors before Utopia that I assumed were related to DLC versions and haven't been able to connect with any of my friends who don't own the DLC but if this is the case, then I'll have to chalk it up to coincidence.
hm
as far as i know with stellaris connection problems have never been tied to dlc

it is usually tied to internet and nat type
with the possibility of things like account settings getting in the way

honestly without having seen what you dealt with it'd be hard to nail down the exact cause