• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

JOJO67373

Private
20 Badges
Feb 20, 2019
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Borders should be mutually open to each other regardless war results.
PU origin run, military rash at yr 10, claimed the capital planet of the encounter, enslaved all of them under indentured slavery.
Everything looks great until found that my fleet cannot move out because borders are closed.
Not sure what's going on there. Is this a bug? Somebody help please ?

Borders are open after a war for a couple of years. Then the other empire gets to choose what to do and will most likely close them. If you are immediately after the war and have closed borders this might be a bug.
I think the only possibility is either to suck up to them with envoys or declare war again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Maybe if you have more than one system where your ships are trapped in park your ships in the less useful system. Them either sell the system or dismantle the starbase there. When ownership gets transferred your ships should get lost and they will probably appear at their homebase after some time.

Borders are open after a war for a couple of years. Then the other empire gets to choose what to do and will most likely close them. If you are immediately after the war and have closed borders this might be a bug.
I think the only possibility is either to suck up to them with envoys or declare war again.

Maybe if you have more than one system where your ships are trapped in park your ships in the less useful system. Them either sell the system or dismantle the starbase there. When ownership gets transferred your ships should get lost and they will probably appear at their homebase after some time.

A solution to my current situation. Thanks bud.

The borders are indeed closed immediately after the war so I think very likely a bug. Do you know where I can submit a ticket to the dev?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Borders should be mutually open to each other regardless war results.
PU origin run, military rash at yr 10, claimed the capital planet of the encounter, enslaved all of them under indentured slavery.
Everything looks great until found that my fleet cannot move out because borders are closed.
Not sure what's going on there. Is this a bug? Somebody help please ?
Were you using total war goal?, was in a white peace or did they surrender?
Borders get insta closed after wars now i think "* One-way truces no longer allow you to traverse a nation's space that has closed its borders to you."
Previously you couldn't close you border until the truced ended 10 years later.

Unnecessary, order your ships to return to their home base and they’ll emergency jump there if no route is available.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The borders are indeed closed immediately after the war so I think very likely a bug. Do you know where I can submit a ticket to the dev?
The bug reports forums:
1618644949519.png

Were you using total war goal?, was in a white peace or did they surrender?
Borders get insta closed after wars now i think "* One-way truces no longer allow you to traverse a nation's space that has closed its borders to you."
Previously you couldn't close you border until the truced ended 10 years later.
They surrendered after I conquered their capital (also reaching my war goal).
I rerun another game and this time the borders are just fine. Now I am pretty sure something wrong in my first run and created some unknown bug.

Reactions:
They surrendered after I conquered their capital (also reaching my war goal).
I rerun another game and this time the borders are just fine. Now I am pretty sure something wrong in my first run and created some unknown bug.
Ah Okies, yeh i'm pretty sure only the loser in the war is unable to traverse the other empires space. I'm not sure what happen in white peace though.