• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LordPeter

Marjoram
49 Badges
Mar 5, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
WE ARE HIRING!*

EDIT: We've had many applications and our team has now grown to a comfortable size.
This means we are no longer actively hiring.

Greetings folks of the Paradox modding community,

as you may know, the venerable CK2Plus mod is currently undergoing a major rewrite. There is currently a small yet dedicated team working on bringing the mod back to prime condition. We are making good progress, but there is still lots of work to do and tasks to tackle.

Thus, we have decided to look for some more people to join the development team.
Maybe CK2Plus is your favourite mod, and you always wanted to bring your own ideas into it? Maybe you want to try yourself at some major modding, but as part of an experienced team to help you? Or maybe you are an experienced modder already, and want to contribute your skills to a worthy project?
Whatever your motivations may be, now is your chance to join our ranks :)

What the CK2 mod is about (a reminder about our design pillars):
As the name implies, CK2+ exists to give you more—more content, more choices, more fun. The goal is to offer a deeper and more challenging CK2 experience without straying too far from the original game mechanics or adding overly deterministic events. The purpose of this mod is not historical accuracy (although we try to preserve it whenever it’s not detrimental to gameplay), but rather to enrich the medieval sandbox that CK2 offers.
- Gameplay first. History second. We want a mod that is first and foremost fun to play. But of course we try to stay true to history wherever possible, as long as it doesn't get in the way of "fun".
- More content. An expanded faction system, an expanded religion system, more events, more traits. Just - a bit more of everything.
- More challenge. Vanilla is too easy for you? Try CK2+. That doesn't mean we are artificially making the game harder: Remember, fun is most important. But some changes just force you to think a bit more and develop new strategies to achieve your goals.
- More balance. We believe there shouldn't be obvious good or bad choices, just... choices. This is an ongoing process, and we are always listening for feedback.

What to expect from us:
- A fun and loyal community (no silly succession demand factions here, instead we have Tradition or Court factions)
- A motivated team that is aiming to deliver a quality mod
- A democratic dev team structure that is unlike any government form you have seen in CK2
- (I think I have some cookies lying around here somewhere... let me see...)

What we expect from you:
- You have at least some experience in modding a Paradox game (doesn't have to be CK2, they are all similar - we have a former Stellaris modder, for example) and have created some sort of mod/mod edit/submod
- You have read through most of the relevant wiki pages (especially these ones) and understood them
- You are either experienced already or committed to learning how to mod CK2
- You aren't just "passing by", and intend to stay with us for a while
- Motivation! You love mods & modding, and simply want to make the game better. Motivation is more important than expertise

Does that sound tempting to you?
Then post in this thread, or send me a PM. Don't be shy to ask if you aren't sure yet this is the right project for you, we'll find out :)

Best Regards,
LordPeter

*you don't get paid, actually.

Last edited:
Can I ask how much is expected? I have a very small amount of experience, mostly from poking around files, messing with creating maps, adding cultures, trying my hand at events, and I'm not sure if this meets the minimum you seek.

@peterhobo1: I take it then you are interested?
There is no strict expectation of expertise. If you already changed some files and managed to load them into the game, that is sufficient for me. That part is rather to emphasize that we aren't searching for people who just want to suggest stuff for the mod, but people who want to participate in creating it.

Far more important than expertise is motivation - do you actually want to mod? I started out much the same, only editing part of the old VIET mod to work with CK2Plus - and I made a ton of mistakes on the way. But I kept on trying and tweaking stuff, and at some point was invited to join the mod's dev team. And now still later, here I am recruiting myself ^^

So if you are genuinely interested in joining, feel free to pop into our discord, I've sent you an invitation. The team is a (mostly) new one anyway, so you could learn amidst us.

I had mostly peeked inside files and changed small things myself, until I managed to fix a serious crash in the alpha for 3.0, and was subsequently asked to join the team.

Are you guys creating new dis, eve, etc, or just rewriting code with existing assets?
Not 100% sure what you mean with "dis" and "eve" o_O
But in general, I think we are doing both new and old things. Some things like factions, expanded cultures and religions we need to bring back because they were fan favourites and pillarstones of the mod. Others like e.g. coronations that now exist in vanilla already might not make the cut, or only come back as modifications to the vanilla system.
I'm personally much more interested in trying new stuff, so it is unlikely the new mod will look exactly as the old.

Does the "created a mod" mean having uploaded it? I've modded on my own copy of ck2 for years.. usually changing religions or traits. I found CK2+ years ago and the religions are what got me to choose it over HIP. But to be honest, right now the trade routes are a little overwhelming in ck2+ would be better not to allow all counties on the route to have trade post. mainly because it clutters my screen pretty hard and demands slightly more resources from my cpu. Not saying to remove them entirely but reducing their impact would be great.. My 2-cents anyways. love the work y'all do though, and can't wait to see the direction y'all take ck2+

WE ARE HIRING!*

Greetings folks of the Paradox modding community,

as you may know, the venerable CK2Plus mod is currently undergoing a major rewrite. There is currently a small yet dedicated team working on bringing the mod back to prime condition. We are making good progress, but there is still lots of work to do and tasks to tackle.

Thus, we have decided to look for some more people to join the development team.
Maybe CK2Plus is your favourite mod, and you always wanted to bring your own ideas into it? Maybe you want to try yourself at some major modding, but as part of an experienced team to help you? Or maybe you are an experienced modder already, and want to contribute your skills to a worthy project?
Whatever your motivations may be, now is your chance to join our ranks :)

What the CK2 mod is about (a reminder about our design pillars):
As the name implies, CK2+ exists to give you more—more content, more choices, more fun. The goal is to offer a deeper and more challenging CK2 experience without straying too far from the original game mechanics or adding overly deterministic events. The purpose of this mod is not historical accuracy (although we try to preserve it whenever it’s not detrimental to gameplay), but rather to enrich the medieval sandbox that CK2 offers.
- Gameplay first. History second. We want a mod that is first and foremost fun to play. But of course we try to stay true to history wherever possible, as long as it doesn't get in the way of "fun".
- More content. An expanded faction system, an expanded religion system, more events, more traits. Just - a bit more of everything.
- More challenge. Vanilla is too easy for you? Try CK2+. That doesn't mean we are artificially making the game harder: Remember, fun is most important. But some changes just force you to think a bit more and develop new strategies to achieve your goals.
- More balance. We believe there shouldn't be obvious good or bad choices, just... choices. This is an ongoing process, and we are always listening for feedback.

What to expect from us:
- A fun and loyal community (no silly succession demand factions here, instead we have Tradition or Court factions)
- A motivated team that is aiming to deliver a quality mod
- A democratic dev team structure that is unlike any government form you have seen in CK2
- (I think I have some cookies lying around here somewhere... let me see...)

What we expect from you:
- You have at least some experience in modding a Paradox game (doesn't have to be CK2, they are all similar - we have a former Stellaris modder, for example) and have created some sort of mod/mod edit/submod
- You have read through most of the relevant wiki pages (especially these ones) and understood them
- You are either experienced already or committed to learning how to mod CK2
- You aren't just "passing by", and intend to stay with us for a while
- Motivation! You love mods & modding, and simply want to make the game better. Motivation is more important than expertise

Does that sound tempting to you?
Then post in this thread, or send me a PM. Don't be shy to ask if you aren't sure yet this is the right project for you, we'll find out :)

Best Regards,
LordPeter

*you don't get paid, actually.

I shot you a PM

Does the "created a mod" mean having uploaded it? I've modded on my own copy of ck2 for years.. usually changing religions or traits. I found CK2+ years ago and the religions are what got me to choose it over HIP. But to be honest, right now the trade routes are a little overwhelming in ck2+ would be better not to allow all counties on the route to have trade post. mainly because it clutters my screen pretty hard and demands slightly more resources from my cpu. Not saying to remove them entirely but reducing their impact would be great.. My 2-cents anyways. love the work y'all do though, and can't wait to see the direction y'all take ck2+
No, you don't have to have uploaded it. I just mean you know how to edit files, and load them into the game without CK2 blowing up in your face ;)
If you would want to edit files "officially", you are welcome to try it out and join the team. The ancient religions & Chalcedonian for example will indeed take some more time to be integrated.
About traderoutes: I can see what you mean. However, I personally like them to be in their expanded state. Doesn't mean they could not be optimized and trimmed a bit. Or there could just be a submod that trims them significantly - they are relatively uncoupled from other systems, so that should not be hard to maintain.

Yes we are, if you are serious about it.
Wrote you a PM

I'd be interested. I've done my own mods on several of the paradox titles, though I never published anything and I haven't done much besides tweaking values for a while. That said, this is my favorite CK2 mod and I'd be happy to dedicate some time to help out with this new iteration.

Good news: I have found cookies!
They're freshly baked and just yummy. Gonna attach them to this post:
cookies_yummy.jpg

Edit: Something seems to have gone wrong. It just uploaded a picture, not the actual cookies. :(
Maybe Paradox forums don't support this feature yet?

So, we have gathered a few people and have enough manpower for now.
So recruitment of new modders is closed.

If you are an experienced veteran modder and think you could make a difference, you can of course still knock on our door. This goes especially for any artists, which are rather rare on these forums. Maybe we could use your talent after all?

Thank you all for your continued support, and we hope to speed up the development progress with our newly expanded team. There will be new threads when we are ready to announce anything :)

Status
Not open for further replies.