- Mar 5, 2012
EDIT: We've had many applications and our team has now grown to a comfortable size.
This means we are no longer actively hiring.
Greetings folks of the Paradox modding community,
as you may know, the venerable CK2Plus mod is currently undergoing a major rewrite. There is currently a small yet dedicated team working on bringing the mod back to prime condition. We are making good progress, but there is still lots of work to do and tasks to tackle.
Thus, we have decided to look for some more people to join the development team.
Maybe CK2Plus is your favourite mod, and you always wanted to bring your own ideas into it? Maybe you want to try yourself at some major modding, but as part of an experienced team to help you? Or maybe you are an experienced modder already, and want to contribute your skills to a worthy project?
Whatever your motivations may be, now is your chance to join our ranks
What the CK2 mod is about (a reminder about our design pillars):
As the name implies, CK2+ exists to give you more—more content, more choices, more fun. The goal is to offer a deeper and more challenging CK2 experience without straying too far from the original game mechanics or adding overly deterministic events. The purpose of this mod is not historical accuracy (although we try to preserve it whenever it’s not detrimental to gameplay), but rather to enrich the medieval sandbox that CK2 offers.
- More content. An expanded faction system, an expanded religion system, more events, more traits. Just - a bit more of everything.
- More challenge. Vanilla is too easy for you? Try CK2+. That doesn't mean we are artificially making the game harder: Remember, fun is most important. But some changes just force you to think a bit more and develop new strategies to achieve your goals.
- More balance. We believe there shouldn't be obvious good or bad choices, just... choices. This is an ongoing process, and we are always listening for feedback.
What to expect from us:
- A fun and loyal community (no silly succession demand factions here, instead we have Tradition or Court factions)
- A motivated team that is aiming to deliver a quality mod
- A democratic dev team structure that is unlike any government form you have seen in CK2
- (I think I have some cookies lying around here somewhere... let me see...)
What we expect from you:
- You have at least some experience in modding a Paradox game (doesn't have to be CK2, they are all similar - we have a former Stellaris modder, for example) and have created some sort of mod/mod edit/submod
- You have read through most of the relevant wiki pages (especially these ones) and understood them
- You are either experienced already or committed to learning how to mod CK2
- You aren't just "passing by", and intend to stay with us for a while
- Motivation! You love mods & modding, and simply want to make the game better. Motivation is more important than expertise
Does that sound tempting to you?
Then post in this thread, or send me a PM. Don't be shy to ask if you aren't sure yet this is the right project for you, we'll find out
*you don't get paid, actually.