• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

dassmoo123

Recruit
May 2, 2021
Hi,

I cloned a 43x45 prison block. It was my first time cloning so I had no idea what to expect. The workes build for weeks, but only got 3/4 of the floor done. After I noticed that they we re-doing floor, I checked the Tasks Report. Overall, there were 700 concrete floors to be done. And a few minutes later it was 1.000. I bulldozed the whole thing and now building by hand. Is this a common bug? I found a few mentions here and there, but apparently it is not that common?

I'm on PC.

/edit: Oh, and I saw I just got 32 Million/Billion(?) Dollars for Bulldozing

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hi,

I cloned a 43x45 prison block. It was my first time cloning so I had no idea what to expect. The workes build for weeks, but only got 3/4 of the floor done. After I noticed that they we re-doing floor, I checked the Tasks Report. Overall, there were 700 concrete floors to be done. And a few minutes later it was 1.000. I bulldozed the whole thing and now building by hand. Is this a common bug? I found a few mentions here and there, but apparently it is not that common?

I'm on PC.

/edit: Oh, and I saw I just got 32 Million/Billion(?) Dollars for Bulldozing
Hello!
Thank you for the feedback, I will report this to the team so they can take a look at what can be causing the issue! If you have the opportunity we would appreciate if you could upload your savefile of the prison as well.

I'm also having these cloning issues. One issue is cloning from one indoor area to another causes concrete floors to be ordered and laid down even though that's unnecessary since that flooring type is already present. The second is indeed cloning a completed building to outside space with no existing building nor foundation. The workers go in circles laying and relaying concrete floors and keep ordering more. Saw the same behavior where 3/4 of the floor gets done while this cycle goes on and on. Eventually headway started getting made and the last 1/4 was quickly finished. Build continued without incident from there. It was a large cell block: 94 cells with an overall building size of 23x79 (shower in middle).
I'd definitely recommend the dev team take a look at flooring and the clone tool. I'm on <the_glasshouse_1.03> on PC.

Can they also take a look at double doors? When you rotate the clone the doors rotate individually so you end up with weird openings. I have had no trouble with hand placed doors that are beside each other, only the double door ones.

I also had this problem. I had cloned it once already with no problems but the second got about 3/4 (maybe a little more, building was 43x12). Then just laying concrete endlessly.