Clipping issues when combining outfits or headwear? Share them here!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TinyWiking

Team Lead - Customer Support
Administrator
Paradox Staff
90 Badges
Jul 1, 2015
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Limited Collectors Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • PDXCON 2017 Gold Ticket holder
  • Haemimont Games Staff
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife Pre-Order
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 200k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Victoria 2 A House Divided Beta
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Humble Paradox Bundle
  • Magicka 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • IPO Investor
  • Eugen Systems Staff
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
Have you stumbled across clipping issues when you combine some hair and headwear, or perhaps other outfits? Please share them as we'd like to know :D!
This thread is ONLY for these kinds of issues and if you come across it please make a reply and include a screenshot (as the ones below) showing the combination that triggered it and we'll investigate it further!

1599139099088.png

1599139171084.png

• 2Like
Reactions:
Pretty much any braids with a shawl have clipping, especially when a child birth event is shown. This just happens to be the clothing worn when I noticed it.
2020_10_18_2.png

2020_11_04_1.png

This happens way too often. I'm not certain, but it seems to happen more to characters who have an unusual body shape (like giant, extra skinny, very fat, large breasts etc.). Haven't noticed it on "averagely" looking characters.

Reactions:
Not sure if this is clipping-related or other/physics issue. These are the avatars on the intro page, as just one example. White masked areas occur with shades of brown and lighting. Lots of 'glistening' with the head and torso motion is quite annoying. I am using a NVIDIA GeForce 940 at 1920 X 1800 and with the game auto-setting the graphics.

1606764572420.png

Clipping issue. Made character in ruler designer, took one of the default body shapes generated. Doesn't matter what clothing selected. Occured when using barbershop in game to add clothing. Game version 1.2.2

20201208175922_1.jpg

Attachments

• last_save.ck3
    2,9 MB · Views: 0
Clipping issue. Made character in ruler designer, took one of the default body shapes generated. Doesn't matter what clothing selected. Occured when using barbershop in game to add clothing. Game version 1.2.2

View attachment 660413

This isn't really a bug, it's a placeholder. In stock CK3, "adult" models start to be used at age 18. This means no naked 16 year olds. So, you are Adamite, so she should be naked, but the game won't do that. Instead, you have this. See, the adolescent models literally CAN'T be naked, likely a design choice for PR/legal reasons in certain countries.

The "clipping" is because "clothed breasts" and naked breasts use two different models. The clothed one doesn't clip through obviously, but again, all you see are two formless lumps here because the character is under age 18. If you tried to dress a 18+ naked character, the boobs should clip through, but thats' fine, because you're Adamite and won't be clothed anyway.

If you changed religion here, you shouldn't see any issues at all. At 18 when she goes naked, you will be fine.

This isn't really a bug, it's a placeholder. In stock CK3, "adult" models start to be used at age 18. This means no naked 16 year olds. So, you are Adamite, so she should be naked, but the game won't do that. Instead, you have this. See, the adolescent models literally CAN'T be naked, likely a design choice for PR/legal reasons in certain countries.

The "clipping" is because "clothed breasts" and naked breasts use two different models. The clothed one doesn't clip through obviously, but again, all you see are two formless lumps here because the character is under age 18. If you tried to dress a 18+ naked character, the boobs should clip through, but thats' fine, because you're Adamite and won't be clothed anyway.

If you changed religion here, you shouldn't see any issues at all. At 18 when she goes naked, you will be fine.

SavvyLad,

Thanks for your reply. It does clarify what happened. I'm still not sure it is working as intended if we can see placeholders. I didn't pick the adamite religion for the nudity aspect, but for the gender equality, figuring I could clothe them. It was an unpleasant surprise to see the placeholder. I hunted down the global setting to turn off nudity, and that seems to have fixed the placeholder issue as well.

Reactions:
I have noticed that the female Steppe Clothing 2 clips through the outfit low on the belly when a woman is pregnant. It happens on Commoner, Low Nobility, and High Nobility. It can be hard to see on the Commoner outfits though because they are usually dark and drab, but is a little easier to notice in the noble versions.

20201213140700_1.jpg