• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

DJ Norman

Recruit
40 Badges
Dec 5, 2012
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Victoria 2
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
Playing as Roman Republic, I have taken the Antigonids as a client state. They now have their own client state of Cyprus, which I'm pretty sure wasn't there when I peaced out the war and made the Antigonids my client. I've checked the Wiki, and done a quick search on the forum, but can't find anything about this, so, a couple of questions for you all:

1. When I'm at war and attempt to transfer occupation of a territory to one of my clients, Cyprus appears in the list of options. I haven't given any territory to them yet, so not sure if / how that might work out. I've checked my diplomacy screen with Cyprus, and it doesn't seem to clearly state any kind of special relationship between us. (They are not listed in my active diplomatic relations.) Anyone know how this works?

2. I am in the process of integrating the Antigonids. What will happen to Cyprus when the day comes?

Interesting topic. My understanding and the wording of the wiki is that subjects in IR (regardless of their type) are seriously restricted in terms of diplomacy:

Other than for trade and allowing military access, a subject can never enter into diplomatic agreements with other countries.

For me that rules out that a subject is supposed to be able to have a subject - and if that happens under certain circumstances, I would consider it a bug/oversight....similar to an issue I experience, when signing peace and my loyal feudatories continuing the war ( https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-war-after-overlord-has-signed-peace.1390281/ ).

Reactions:
Interesting topic. My understanding and the wording of the wiki is that subjects in IR (regardless of their type) are seriously restricted in terms of diplomacy:

For me that rules out that a subject is supposed to be able to have a subject - and if that happens under certain circumstances, I would consider it a bug/oversight....similar to an issue I experience, when signing peace and my loyal feudatories continuing the war ( https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-war-after-overlord-has-signed-peace.1390281/ ).

It is indeed a bug. I would assume a mission, decision, or event forget to do a proper check for it. You can assign subjects to subjects via Script, but it's not supposed to happen.

Reactions:

It is indeed a bug. I would assume a mission, decision, or event forget to do a proper check for it. You can assign subjects to subjects via Script, but it's not supposed to happen.

OK, thanks both. That's good to know, even if it is a bug! It is possible that Cyprus already existed when I made Antigonids a client, as they are pretty similar colours, although I am pretty certain (90%-ish) that Cyprus was created after the fact.

@Snow Crystal - once you guys get back to developing IR again, I'll expect to see this cleared up! ;) :D

Once I integrate the Antigonids, I'll post again to say what happened to Cyprus.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I on the other hand would love to see a lot more of such things as such relations certainly existed. Maybe in specific cases only but still it would be great to have such complex relationships

• 3Like
Reactions: