Claim What You Deserve in Europa Universalis IV: Emperor

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Someone posted the HRE interface from the store DLC page, but I'm surprised nobody posted the new Papacy interface from the same place.

EUIV_Emperor_sc3.jpg

@Groogy @Caligula Caesar I have a question about the Revolution mechanic. Or better say the anti-Revolution ;) mechanic.

Will there be a possibility to form some sort of Holy Alliance by the absolutist monarchies against a powerful revolutionary republic? Both by the player (in the case he is an absolutist monarch), or more probably by AIs.

As historically Holy Alliance was formed in 1815, to prevent someone like Napoleon rising ever again, and bringing danger to the absolutist rule.

Im curious if this will only add just more chicanes for the HRE. The description got this "smell" ;)
Preventing the shadow Kingdom, fighting for the western border and preventing both Protestantism and Reformed is quite challenging already.
Some mechanics that bring more depth to the HRE would be nice, not just chicanes please.

Man .. Listen, I very rarely post on the forums, yet I've been a Paradox player for more than ten years, and boy I love your games. I love Grand Strategy and, dear Paradox, you're simply the best at it. Your games compel us to play *just* another year, another ten years, another frigging century, because they have this most unique quality : History takes form, and most importantly, alternative history of your own making takes form. And it's RAW PLEASURE to play most of your games.
Yet I see a trend I do not like. Not at all. I don't know exactly when it happened, but for some years I stopped getting excited about DLCs releases. Why ? Because each and every time, I see paid content proposed by you good sirs which should have been integrated in the base game for free. Or already present features which should have been proposed for free. I don't mind a bit paying the right price for new content. Yet I feel like some of this very same content was cut from the base game to be profited on later using the guise of extensions. I mean, look at Federations. Look at Emperor. What does they add that we've not seen in previous games, or that were proposed freely in the form of mods ? I just stopped buying extensions. Twenty bucks is too high a price for too few features. SIncerely, I don't what to make of your policy, but I feel like you just lost interest in improving your games for your community rather than for profit.
And, yes, I do know that a company has to make money, to prosper, to grow, or just to provide financial comfort for hard-working employees. I just think you overvalue those DLCs. Of course, most of us will keep buying those, and a player has to love new features. Yet it looks more like cut content than additional content.
Maybe it is not my place, nor *the* place, to post this, but I just feel tired of your added content policy and the constant squeezing of your customers.
I love you Paradox, but which new release, I feel like you're taking me for a fool.

Reactions:
Yet I see a trend I do not like. Not at all. I don't know exactly when it happened, but for some years I stopped getting excited about DLCs releases. Why ? Because each and every time, I see paid content proposed by you good sirs which should have been integrated in the base game for free.

Sorry, I have to disagree. The base game was fine as it is. But this isn't the game anymore they published years ago. Of course Paradox invested manpower and has employees who have top pay their rents. Surely understandable that there is the need for them to earn some money for their work. Noone is forced to buy anything.

I prefer this policy to any new version with natuarlly almost the same content. The growing complexity is what make the game so entertaining. Every game is different then the previous one. Every Cent spent for is worth it. :)

Reactions:
"yet I see a trend I do not like. Not at all. I don't know exactly when it happened, but for some years I stopped getting excited about DLCs releases. Why ? Because each and every time, I see paid content proposed by you good sirs which should have been integrated in the base game for free." 12+ expansions in hey wait a minute