Claim What You Deserve in Europa Universalis IV: Emperor

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How can you show us Napoleon, and not have him riding the giant horse-cow hybrid from EU3 :p

PPZok_XH8H1iFzbQ1cp7GDU3K-hqyzsIA19gZBdHybo.jpg

Now I feel ashamed. At least I learned something new today
Don’t feel bad.

Their active involvement was fairly small. They tried to support Bohemia early but Poland attacked them and fought to fairly even peace terms. There was another small fight with the Poles later, but for most of the Thirty Year’s War the Ottomans were too busy fighting the Persians to really intervene.

I have a feeling we'll start hearing rumors about EU V within the next 2-3 years.
Rumours don't mean much unless they're credible.
There's been rumours of EUV going round since like early 2014. Just like how people talked about EU IV long before it was realistic.

Now, EU V might well soon happen. But mere rumours won't be an indicator of much unless they're credible, which they usually aren't.

If Hussites are getting their own mechanic, is there hope for the Sikh, Animist and Totemist to get ones too, in the near future?

Also will the "reformist" faiths (Hussites, Protestants, Reformed, Anglican) finally have less of a diplomatic relations penalty between each other? It's weird that they all like the Orthodox states more than each other.

If Hussites are getting their own mechanic, is there hope for the Sikh, Animist and Totemist to get ones too, in the near future?

Also will the "reformist" faiths (Hussites, Protestants, Reformed, Anglican) finally have less of a diplomatic relations penalty between each other? It's weird that they all like the Orthodox states more than each other.

Sikhs already have historical events that give bonuses in certain periods. Totemist and Animist shouldn't be getting any extra flavor. They're "generic pagan-native" religions. You couldn't pinpoint anything particularly animist or totemist that papua new guineans have in common with Sakhalin natives or patagonians with inuits.

Sikhs already have historical events that give bonuses in certain periods. Totemist and Animist shouldn't be getting any extra flavor. They're "generic pagan-native" religions. You couldn't pinpoint anything particularly animist or totemist that papua new guineans have in common with Sakhalin natives or patagonians with inuits.

It'd be better if the animist and totemist religions were gutted from the game and regions given their own fleshed out religions.

Does "playing the Papacy" get some changes/improvements? Will you be able to meddle more into the Empire's internal affairs?

Achieving the "Kingdom of God" decision will give different boons/bonuses to the Papal States?

Looks interesting, but do we have any news if there is still some plans to upgrade UI scaling so that everyone can decently play the game? I changed laptop almost a year ago, previous one had a great UI scaling, everything was readable but the new one makes everything so tiny I just can't play the game without ruining my eyes. I tried a lot of stuff, nothing works, asked if there was any plan, been told yes it would come with the next update but still waiting...

I would hope that Hussites would simply be a flavor variant of Protestants, or even just regular Protestants. I worry that they'll be a separate religion despite literally just being premature Protestants that got squashed.

There is a reason Luther said "We are all Hussites". Indeed, Luther had stumbled across a work of the famously condemned Hus and read it favorably even in the very earliest years of his formation.
Source: https://reformedreader.wordpress.com/2018/11/01/we-are-all-hussites-luther/

There is simply not enough difference between Hussites and Protestants to merit treating them separately.

Honestly, there's enough of a linear flow from Wycliffe to Hus to Luther that I'd even be okay with Lollard heretics in the early game creating Protestantism in England. From a game balance side it could cause some problems, with maybe Church Power not being activated until the Age of Reformation to avoid the early game military boost advantage. But from a roleplay standpoint it just makes sense.

This is true but I've also argued elsewhere that before reformation Hussites did not even have an ambition to break from the Catholic church, they only wanted to reform it from within. It was eventually the Brethren movement (e. g. Comenius) that really sought secession in the sense brought by reformation, but that's a different era. Hussites themselves were actually integrated back into the Church based on the Compats of Basel, even though that was eventually challenged.

But EU4 is a fantasy history game and all scenarios post 1444 are imaginable and plausible. Hussitism could have turned into a catholic style state church, much like Anglicanism. Or just like you say, it could have eventually ended up fully blending with the Lutheran reformation. Or perhaps it could have ended up fully integrated into Catholicism. None of those scenarios are too crazy to imagine and it's really up to the content designers which options they pick, but since this really is a fantasy history territory, more of them should be available.

But EU4 is a fantasy history game and all scenarios post 1444 are imaginable and plausible. Hussitism could have turned into a catholic style state church, much like Anglicanism. Or just like you say, it could have eventually ended up fully blending with the Lutheran reformation. Or perhaps it could have ended up fully integrated into Catholicism. None of those scenarios are too crazy to imagine and it's really up to the content designers which options they pick, but since this really is a fantasy history territory, more of them should be available.

All of the above ;)

It all sounds great but the real question is, of course: does the Emperor expansion come with a new unit pack? And most importantly, does Hungary finally get its own unit pack?

Have I mentioned unit pack? Me want unit pack.

Why does the middle character look like his Imperial Majesty Karl-Franz of Holswig-Shliestein?