Claim What You Deserve in Europa Universalis IV: Emperor

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Will hussites be a separate heresy or just a protestant flavour?

I would hope that Hussites would simply be a flavor variant of Protestants, or even just regular Protestants. I worry that they'll be a separate religion despite literally just being premature Protestants that got squashed.

There is a reason Luther said "We are all Hussites". Indeed, Luther had stumbled across a work of the famously condemned Hus and read it favorably even in the very earliest years of his formation.
Source: https://reformedreader.wordpress.com/2018/11/01/we-are-all-hussites-luther/

There is simply not enough difference between Hussites and Protestants to merit treating them separately.

Honestly, there's enough of a linear flow from Wycliffe to Hus to Luther that I'd even be okay with Lollard heretics in the early game creating Protestantism in England. From a game balance side it could cause some problems, with maybe Church Power not being activated until the Age of Reformation to avoid the early game military boost advantage. But from a roleplay standpoint it just makes sense.

Still no notion on the new mechanics with which is supposed to work, is there?

Instead of posting new DLC, why not make Europa Universalis V ..
In fairness, I have a feeling that this is probably going to be the last major DLC for EUIV. Fix all major player complaints and imbalances, flesh out some historically neglected parts of the game (ex. Holy Roman Empire), and put the game on maintenance. I have a feeling we'll start hearing rumors about EU V within the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: