• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Ugh, I forgot how hard starting a new game actually is. :D

I'm kind of being torn in two directions. On the one hand, I really like the more character-drive side of things: History is filled with stories like "The Emperor was doing stuff in Italy so his vassals in Germany rebelled", and I just really like the idea of a game where the player isn't some omnipotent ruler with absolute control over their realm.

On the other hand, I also really like the idea of a game where dynasties and kingdoms evolve over time, and that obviously requires a faster timescale that doesn't work as well with the character stuff. :/
For my perspective, first option. In this scenario, dynasties and kingdoms will also evolve over time, though it will be much slower process.

Time skips. Let's play times when a lot of stuff is happening in a slower pace. And once things calm down, fast forward to the next active period.
I think that this way we could really build our characters and also see the progression of our dynasties.

Time skips. Let's play times when a lot of stuff is happening in a slower pace. And once things calm down, fast forward to the next active period.
I think that this way we could really build our characters and also see the progression of our dynasties.
Good idea indeed. What about time progress of 2-3 years after each game? It gives about 15-20 turns per average character (assuming that typical liveability for medieval era equates to 45-60 years), and is also gives reasonable amount of things to happen.
On smaller note, could we introduce basic economy for domains? Things like population, food consumption and construction of buildings/improving land in break times would a fine thing to do.

Not dead, just busy as hell with a move.

I have some stuff I plan to read while I'm on the train, so hopefully that will help with inspiration. :)

What I would like to propose (pardon, I had forgot if stated it earlier) is to make something like population and buildings for own settlements. Building up economy (including natural resouces, like wood, copper and iron ores and such) would be fine to do and population would be helpful in terms of army recruitment.

Posso me escrever? E eu posso jogara Irish Count or a Bishop?
No offense, but it would be better you typed English for the sake of everyone. Also, the England game died so we are working on a new time period and a full set of pre-established rules.

Hopefully Google Translate worked properly:
Sem ofensa, mas seria melhor você digitar inglês para o bem de todos. Além disso, o jogo da Inglaterra morreu, por isso estamos trabalhando em um novo período de tempo e um conjunto completo de regras pré-estabelecidas.

Ugh, sorry for the lack of updates everyone. With the move and everything, things have been a real mess on my end. On the plus side I finally have a job lined up, so slowly things will be returning to normal on my end.

Since it's been a while, I wanted to just wipe the slate clean and ask players' general opinions on what they'd like to see out of a CKRPG: I kind of have a history of taking over and leading conversations toward my own interests, so I'm interested in seeing where everyone else's interests lie. Maybe some new faces can even pop in and give their thoughts. :)

I mean, I <3 you Schiff, but this forum is fairly dead in terms of playerbase. Most of us have moved to Sufficient Velocity. I'm not shilling, I'm just saying that's where everyone else is.

Honestly, I wait patiently for the game and will play it gladly, no matter how small player base would be.

Eh, it's fine. The early-2000's heyday was fun, but it was really a time-and-place thing: The original Europa Universallis had built a community of people that wanted a more in-character version of that world, the overall community was small enough that things weren't hidden in some isolated corner, pretty much no-one knew much about the actual history beyond what they read on a very young Wikipedia, and even the best writing would be just barely passable by the standards of the current old guard.

Still, I'll probably try again at some point anyway just because I'm stubborn like that. :p

Eh, it's fine. The early-2000's heyday was fun, but it was really a time-and-place thing: The original Europa Universallis had built a community of people that wanted a more in-character version of that world, the overall community was small enough that things weren't hidden in some isolated corner, pretty much no-one knew much about the actual history beyond what they read on a very young Wikipedia, and even the best writing would be just barely passable by the standards of the current old guard.

Still, I'll probably try again at some point anyway just because I'm stubborn like that. :p
And appreciate this move.
Also, sorry for selfproudness, but I am actually the one who studies history here (and is medievalist). :)

When to expect reopening of the game and is there possible to see things like population and basic "capital building" for more ambitious chiefs?

I'd say this is on indefinite hold due to lack of interest, unfortunately. I've considered maybe running a smaller single-thread game, though. Maybe after a few of those we could build up enough of a group for one of the larger games that we used to have back in the day. :)

Single thread RPG would not be a bad option neither. I would gladly play it if it happen :).

Why not reinstitute this game back?
Instead of rellying on big population we can focus on smaller group. ;)

Mostly a lack of time on my end: I've moved and have a new job, so there's absolutely no way I can be the driving force behind an RP-heavy game like that again. I could maybe run something more board-gamey, but anything where I need to be the main driver for player activity is right out.