• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I assume the gap between this and last DD is caused by people need to change their focus to Intrigue :eek:

I think they were working on the expansion, and people didn't like their intermediary diaries.

I've been trying to convince Metal King to add the Wilhelm scream every time a character named 'Wilhelm' dies, but for some reason he's staunchly against it. :(

My German characters (of which Wilhelm is a common name) will be disappointed then. :(

Off topic: I really want a fix about the sound effect of one of the tab (don't remember what tab exactly). You recorded in a museum (or a church, i don't know) and a french woman say: "On dirait la Vierge". For someone who don't speak french i'm sure it's not a problem, but if you understand what she say and hear "That looks like the Virgin" a thousand times in a game, you can become crazy :)
I've actually gone crazy trying to understand what she was saying. My best understanding was "j'ai trop prié la vierge..." so thank you for clearing that up for me.

Reactions:
Very professional screams. Or maybe too professional. On the level of "we abducted people from the street and tortured them to make sfx" level of professional.

Ssshhh! ;)

Reactions:
Mauled by a bear or by a guy in a bear suit ;)

We do have an option to disable the death sounds, in case anyone dislikes them.
Thanks for this option. I find these sounds fun but sometimes, I don't think I'll be in the mood for for it ^_^

Off topic: I really want a fix about the sound effect of one of the tab (don't remember what tab exactly). You recorded in a museum (or a church, i don't know) and a french woman say: "On dirait la Vierge". For someone who don't speak french i'm sure it's not a problem, but if you understand what she say and hear "That looks like the Virgin" a thousand times in a game, you can become crazy :)
I've actually gone crazy trying to understand what she was saying. My best understanding was "j'ai trop prié la vierge..." so thank you for clearing that up for me.
I'm hearing "Moi ch'uis trop comment vierge"
for non-french speakers: a mix of familiar oral language with very bad grammar which can be approximately translated (with bad grammar) into "I'm very too much virgin" (or "I'm how too much virgin" if you translate it word for word, but the meaning is closest to the former). It makes my ears bleed at some point... But thanks for revealing the true sentence, I hope this will help me not hearing that everytime (I doubt it tho... missheard stuffs are sticky).

Great. Now I'm at work grimacing. Thanks Paradox. :p

But the change is welcome. I remember playing this game in the family room with old death sounds and my parents around. They were not sure if the old sounds were death or just really bad constipation.

Honestly, I have almost forgotten about today, Stellaris took me away from CK2 and EU4.

Greatest post ever :)

Reactions:

Oh gosh, I was sure it sounded french and it was driving me crazy to hear that each time. I would really prefer the sound of a "conversation" that is not understandable if it's possible.
I'm fine with the overall sound, but when I hear the "On dirait la Vierge" in the middle of the "conversation" that is not understandable by any mean (at least by me), I find it very disturbing and I hate it.

So far we only know the DLC is going to be death and disease system. I was kinda hoping they would hint at any other major focus for this expansion, but perhaps a bit still too early.

DDs are going to be every week again, so you'll have more info soon.
Yay thank you, guy whom I always get mixed up with doomdark! ;)

Reactions:
Will Paradox refund me the costs of repairing the door after it was broke down in the middle of the night by the SWAT team called by my neighbors who thought that I was killing someone?

Reactions: