• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly that work around doesn't work either. Launched directly from the folder as Administrator, the process runs but doesn't do anything.
View attachment 633370

Did you disable the anti-virus as well as the ransomware component? the ransomware compoennt is terrible and is causing a ton of issues. The 'x' on the main page will show if any sub-component is disabled but doesnt distinguish if you disable one, or multiple ones

I can confirm that reverting to either 1.02 or 1.03 makes the game run smoothly, just as before the update!

EDIT: But I still have the same issue when going back to 1.1.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Did you disable the anti-virus as well as the ransomware component? the ransomware compoennt is terrible and is causing a ton of issues. The 'x' on the main page will show if any sub-component is disabled but doesnt distinguish if you disable one, or multiple ones
Currently the entire Virus and threat protection is turned off:
protection.jpg

as I said previously did you explicitly disable the Ransomware component. That page will show an x if you disable one or all of the various anti virus features

did you explicitly disable the ransomware component.
Just putting it out there, on win 8.1 as I run, there isnt even a thing called Ransomware protection. And I have the same issue as OP. So the issue is probably not with the ransomeware component.

as I said previously did you explicitly disable the Ransomware component. That page will show an x if you disable one or all of the various anti virus features

did you explicitly disable the ransomware component.
Just putting it out there, on win 8.1 as I run, there isnt even a thing called Ransomware protection. And I have the same issue as OP. So the issue is probably not with the ransomeware component.

For good measure. It's digitally impossible to disable the ransomware protection when real -time protection is off. IT would be weird if a sub-function of windows virus protection was on when the virus protection itself is off.

I can confirm that reverting to either 1.02 or 1.03 makes the game run smoothly, just as before the update!

EDIT: But I still have the same issue when going back to 1.1.
Just tried the older version, works like a charm. However the newer version won't fire no matter what I do.

Here as well.

Tried unistalling and re-installing but it crashes.
Tried to open it directly from the .exe but still crashes.

I'm using Win10

Hi guys, I was really disappointed to have the same issue everyone else was having here this evening. However, I was able to get the game to start by reducing the resolution to the lowest setting from the launch screen

I regret to inform that this did not work for me
Yes I exited and re-entered just now, and then got the crash again! I THEN went and played with both windowed mode and after a couple tries it started up. I rolled back to the previous patch and have had no such issues so it's definitely the new update causing this intermittent launch problem for me

Yes I exited and re-entered just now, and then got the crash again! I THEN went and played with both windowed mode and after a couple tries it started up. I rolled back to the previous patch and have had no such issues so it's definitely the new update causing this intermittent launch problem for me

Lowest resolution and windowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.