• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How do I get the converter to tread cultures and religions added by the Fallen Eagle mod the same as ones created in vanilla?

By that I mean just treat cultures as new divergent/hybrid ones and religions as the ones you reform.

Because currently with the religions all of them are showing up with a blank name and description in their own separate religious groups, even ones that are just new versions of Christianity like Arianism. And the cultures are defaulting to the vanilla eu4 ones.
Fallen Eagle is a total conversion mod altering the map and everything in the game. It's not supported by the converter.

hello please help
i got both games from the microsoft store so when i choose the file location for the install directory it keeps giving me an error that says that the file does not conatin Crusader Kings 3 what do i do?

hello please help
i got both games from the microsoft store so when i choose the file location for the install directory it keeps giving me an error that says that the file does not conatin Crusader Kings 3 what do i do?
Either you pointed to the wrong folder or MS is blocking access to their game installs, which is a known issue. If the latter, nothing you can do about it.

could I be pointing it to the wrong folder?
What does the folder I'm supposed to choose look like?
Ck3 folder has ck3.exe inside. Ditto for eu4 installation folder.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Oh, my bad then. I thought total conversion was referring to things like godherja only.

And I guess I just assumed that because the imp to Ck3 converter supports tfe this one would as well.

Sorry about that
Having played around with this conversion myself, I will say that “unsupported” is not the same as “doesn’t work.”

And TFE->EU4 pretty much works. The map changes amount to removing Iceland, so it’ll default to Norway in EU4. You’ll also need to do some edits to the converter’s configuration files (particularly the culture and religion mapping), and maybe some save editing when you’re done to fix any flavor misfires.

But TFE on its own will not make the conversion unplayable.

Hello! I'm doing a short message for a big issue... My friend and I are trying to do a great campaign together. So, we have ended our CK3 game and converted my save. I firstly sent my .mod and the files to my friend by we transfer: it says that the path weren't good. I helped them reroute, but it still didn't work. So, I tried uploading it as a mod on the workshop, and now, the error disappeared, but the game didn't change a bit... Anyone know why?

Hello! I'm doing a short message for a big issue... My friend and I are trying to do a great campaign together. So, we have ended our CK3 game and converted my save. I firstly sent my .mod and the files to my friend by we transfer: it says that the path weren't good. I helped them reroute, but it still didn't work. So, I tried uploading it as a mod on the workshop, and now, the error disappeared, but the game didn't change a bit... Anyone know why?
You didn't add it to a playset and/or you enabled a wrong playset?
As for wrong path locations, launcher changes those according to your computer. You're supposed to edit the .mod file and update the path after sharing the mod.

You didn't add it to a playset and/or you enabled a wrong playset?
As for wrong path locations, launcher changes those according to your computer. You're supposed to edit the .mod file and update the path after sharing the mod.
So yeah, the mods are in the playset. For the path thing, i use a basis of C:/Users/[the name of the user]/ [one drive or not]/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod/{The name of the mod]. It worked for me, idk why it don't work for them

So yeah, the mods are in the playset. For the path thing, i use a basis of C:/Users/[the name of the user]/ [one drive or not]/Paradox Interactive/Europa Universalis IV/mod/{The name of the mod]. It worked for me, idk why it don't work for them
If you gave them your .mod file it has your [the name of the user] instead of theirs, and they don't necessarily have onedrive.
They need to fix the path to match their systems.

If you gave them your .mod file it has your [the name of the user] instead of theirs, and they don't necessarily have onedrive.
They need to fix the path to match their systems.
Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I already did that, that's why I put the []. Again, sorry if I wasn't clear enough, it's just that I'm very confused why this keeps on happening.

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I already did that, that's why I put the []. Again, sorry if I wasn't clear enough, it's just that I'm very confused why this keeps on happening.
You're having issues with the launcher it seems. If you published a mod (which you verified works and thus is in correct location), and if you then subscribed to the same mod - launcher will load both mods and as result it won't load either. It's broken that way.

If the mod never worked (before or after publishing), then you exported it to wrong location (for example steam folder instead of documents/pdx/eu4/mod).

In either case - you need to unsubscribe from your own published mod, and successfully start the game with it. Then your frends need to subscribe to it, put it in a playset and launch with it as well to join a MP game.

You're having issues with the launcher it seems. If you published a mod (which you verified works and thus is in correct location), and if you then subscribed to the same mod - launcher will load both mods and as result it won't load either. It's broken that way.

If the mod never worked (before or after publishing), then you exported it to wrong location (for example steam folder instead of documents/pdx/eu4/mod).

In either case - you need to unsubscribe from your own published mod, and successfully start the game with it. Then your frends need to subscribe to it, put it in a playset and launch with it as well to join a MP game.

Okay, so, the mod works perfect for me. But for my friends, it keeps doing this error: 1699108400838.png
Tho, the .mod route to the folder... I really don't understand why it don't work. I've tried to do a conversion on their computer, but the checksum was invalid (same settings, tho). Here is the descriptor. Is there any other way we can talk? I don't want to flood this forum with my stupid errors
1699108690308.png

Okay, so, the mod works perfect for me. But for my friends, it keeps doing this error:View attachment 1041956
Tho, the .mod route to the folder... I really don't understand why it don't work. I've tried to do a conversion on their computer, but the checksum was invalid (same settings, tho). Here is the descriptor. Is there any other way we can talk? I don't want to flood this forum with my stupid errors
View attachment 1041962
Forums are perfectly fine for chatting, though keep in mind your issues have nothing to do with the converter itself. If you can run the conversion, the mod is fine.

Doing conversions on their computers will produce different mods, don't do that.

Editing dessriptor.mod is pointless, descriptor.mod does nothing. Instead, if they copied your mod, they need to edit the .mod file one folder above. The file is probably called r2d3.mod. Inside edit the path to match their systems exactly.

Only do this if they are using the manual - copying method. If they have BOTH the manual mod (mod they copied from you) and the SAME mod they subscribed to through steam, they won't get anything running! Do one or the other!

Forums are perfectly fine for chatting, though keep in mind your issues have nothing to do with the converter itself. If you can run the conversion, the mod is fine.

Doing conversions on their computers will produce different mods, don't do that.

Editing dessriptor.mod is pointless, descriptor.mod does nothing. Instead, if they copied your mod, they need to edit the .mod file one folder above. The file is probably called r2d3.mod. Inside edit the path to match their systems exactly.

Only do this if they are using the manual - copying method. If they have BOTH the manual mod (mod they copied from you) and the SAME mod they subscribed to through steam, they won't get anything running! Do one or the other!
Well, thanks! It now works! Thank you :D

We have tons of doctrines and tenets that do effectively nothing since they are difficult to map to anything sensible in EU4's options. Feel free to ignore it or manually edit CK3ToEU4\configurables\religions\dynamic\doctrine_definitions.txt and insert your own definition there.
Could these get converted then into national ideas with flavor text?

Could these get converted then into national ideas with flavor text?
We already do that with cultural traditions (tradition_ideas.txt). Can't do both culture and religion. Religion file is just there to give custom religions some bonuses that make sense.

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

NestorianReleaseBanner.png
Compatible with CK3 [1.10-1.11] and EU4 [1.36]

CK3ToEU4, 0.14Nestorian​

Byzantine Release​

We're still regularly updating the converter and maintaining support for a plethora of popular mods - through contributors who keep the mapping files current and updated. Otherwise, development is winding down (and reduced to bug patches) as EU4 is nearing EoL.

Hotfixes​

• Thankfully, none.

Coldfixes​

• No longer assigning Ottoman government to all sunni absolutists, doing beyliks now.
  • Fixed broken personal deities for generated religions.

Expansions​

• Support for 1.36 EU4.
  • Host of expansions for IRtoCK3.
  • Continuous support for RICE.
  • Dynamic Personal Deities
  • Cultures Expanded compatch.
  • Some support for Historical Invasions tags.
  • Plati's new flavor mod included.

Shuffles​

• Exploration updated so that hopefully only the region in which the Renaissance spawned should colonize until at least the 1600's.
  • Expansion updated so that nations will expand into empty territories if no-one has done so by the mid 1700's.
  • Expanded tag mappings, along with various fixes to a host of other mapping files.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: