• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is there a way I can bypass the ck3 to eu4 requirement for 1.6 even if it is buggy because my save is on 1.7?
I mean, at this point it may be moot since the EU4 update drops tomorrow, but you can edit the version.txt file in configurables and up the maxSource value to 1.8 or whatnot.

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
Compatible with CK3 [1.7] and EU4 [1.34]

CK3ToEU4, 0.12Lollard​

Friend or Foe Release​

This is a significant update; the converter saw many compatches for various mods - RICE, Cultures Expanded, WTWSMS, etc, as well as a plethora of minor tweaks and corrections, for virtually every aspect of the conversion.

Hotfixes​

• Fixed crashbug with localizations of dynamic titles that have no clay.
  • Relaxed sanity requirements on title/coat integrity. Thank you, game corruption, for existing.
  • Relax sanity restrictions on incoherent dynasty CoAs. Yay.

Coldfixes​

• Religious Event bugfixes
  • Many, many culture, heritage, tradition and tag corrections.
  • Anglosaxon names no longer crap.
  • Fixed borked CK3 localization deemphasizing.

Expansions​

• 1.34 EU4 compatibility
  • Lots of work on certain aspects of conversion of religions; shared faith head means same faith etc.
  • Updated Government Reforms to account for more dynamic cultures/religions.
  • West African, East African and Chinese tech grouped countries should now be significantly less blind.
  • Made Stateless Society significantly less common.
  • Several new cultures added
  • Primary Nations for several cultures added
  • Guanches culture added
  • North African Achamánism added.
  • Support for Cultures Expanded.
  • RICE support updated.
  • More WTWSMS compatibility patches.

Shuffles​

• Oghuz culture group removed and added to Tatar culture group
  • PDX finally added sound for American religions, so we don't have to!
  • Assyria is now formable
  • Tweaks to formables to account for dynamic cultures
  • old_prussian replaced with basegame Pruthenian, moved from lost_cultures to Baltic
  • anglo_saxon replaced with basegame anglosaxon, moved from lost_cultures to English
  • Hindu/Norse deities updates so that the error log stops warning us of the inevitable apocalypse that occurs if two deities from different religions share a name.
  • Decline of Mali disaster tweaked so as to avoid Error Logs

Last edited:
  • 8Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Besides yelling at me for converting an older save in a newer version of CK3, everything works well so far.
Custom nat'l ideas seem to only be applying to traditions and ambitions though.
A request for a future feature: can the converter change Great Works to recognize their starting map states so, for example, those that depend on religion respect the religion of that province in the start date, rather than vanilla's?

Trying to check out the new update and it seems like the converter keeps running into problems when it tries to dump. Tried reinstalling the converter but that didn't seem to fix it. Would appreciate any assistance, thank you!

Attachments

• log.txt
    17 KB · Views: 0
Trying to check out the new update and it seems like the converter keeps running into problems when it tries to dump. Tried reinstalling the converter but that didn't seem to fix it. Would appreciate any assistance, thank you!
You either didn't unpack it properly or an antivirus is preventing it from writing. Delete it, unpack it again, and whitelist is.

Reactions:
You either didn't unpack it properly or an antivirus is preventing it from writing. Delete it, unpack it again, and whitelist is.
Antivirus was the problem, wasn't letting me unpack properly. Works perfectly now that I whitelisted the folder. Thank you for the help and great work on the project!

Custom CK3 religion does not count as christian in eu4 monuments. How do i fix this?
I'm sorry, was it supposed to? If it's custom, it's not christian. You can fix it either by shoving it into christian religion or by editing the monuments so it's not required.

I'm sorry, was it supposed to? If it's custom, it's not christian.
Why wouldn't a custom Christian religion be Christian? (or a custom Buddhist religion be Buddhist)
Making a custom religion in CK3* certainly doesn't remove it from their boarder religion.

*specifically what EU4 would call a religion and CK3 calls a faith, that being the only custom religions you can make in-game

Why wouldn't a custom Christian religion be Christian? (or a custom Buddhist religion be Buddhist)
Making a custom religion in CK3* certainly doesn't remove it from their boarder religion.

*specifically what EU4 would call a religion and CK3 calls a faith, that being the only custom religions you can make in-game
Ah, sorry, I mistook you meant catholic, not christian. Upload your save and log.txt, and I'll see what's going on.

Hey, I know it's probably been asked before, but what happen if I create a Historical hybrid culture that exists in eu4, like Turkish for example, will the converter convert it to eu4 Turkish or will it convert to something else?

Hey, I know it's probably been asked before, but what happen if I create a Historical hybrid culture that exists in eu4, like Turkish for example, will the converter convert it to eu4 Turkish or will it convert to something else?
It will map to proper turkish. All historical hybrids supported by CK3 vanilla (like bavarian etc) map to their eu4 equivalents.

Think you could support the Historical Invasions mod (assuming you support other mods at times)?
Not all mods need explicit support. If it doesn't change the map, cultures or religions, then you can just use it. Try it and see if it works.

I hope this is the right place to ask this. I converted a CK3 game where a crusader state in egypt survived until 1444 and the converter tagged it with the EGY tag.
So far so good, no problem there, but the ideas it gets assigned seem to be broken, see screenshot.

I can't find any reference to a levantine crusader state idea group. Is this an addition of the converter itself?

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-09-20 203819.png
    Screenshot 2022-09-20 203819.png
    231,8 KB · Views: 0
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I converted a CK3 game where a crusader state in egypt survived until 1444 and the converter tagged it with the EGY tag.
So far so good, no problem there, but the ideas it gets assigned seem to be broken, see screenshot.

I can't find any reference to a levantine crusader state idea group. Is this an addition of the converter itself?
Yeah, in 01_extra_ideas_b.txt. They appear to be missing localisations, nothing wrong except aesthetics.

Ah, so I could just write some description in the localisation file for them and mechanically they should already work fine, right?
They already mechanically work fine. They just lack the texts (localisation).