• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
the converter won't open. I'll double click on the exe file (converterfrontend.exe) and it'll make my cursor load, then do nothing. How do I fix?
Follow instructions in GeneralFAQ-READ.ME.FIRST.txt.

Hey, I have a question: if I reform Asatru, no matter if I change nothing or everything, at the time of conversion, will remain Norse religion?
I am having trouble parsing your question. Reformed astaru faith is a custom faith like any other.

Also, I usually play with debug mode, which allows me to change the doctrines of all faith with a certain console command. Would modifying a faith like Catholicism this way affect the faith at conversion? Example: I change the view on Gender of Catholicism to be equal; would that provoke something at EU4?

Also, I usually play with debug mode, which allows me to change the doctrines of all faith with a certain console command. Would modifying a faith like Catholicism this way affect the faith at conversion? Example: I change the view on Gender of Catholicism to be equal; would that provoke something at EU4?
If it's catholicism, it maps to catholic. If it's a new custom faith, it gets constructed from tenets.

that's... what I did. I double clicked on converterfrontend.exe, like the .txt told me to, but it doesn't run.
Try running VC_redist.x64.exe inside the folder. If it doesn't work, you either didn't unpack it properly or your antivirus is interfering.

Hi, am I formatting this correctly in shatter_empires.txt?

shatter_empires = { e_outremer, e_byzantium }

Only Byzantium shatters when I run the converter. I checked debug mode and made sure the Outremer ID is right. Also neither one is definded as the HRE. I'm thinking I just formatted that part of the config wrong, I'm not sure. I appreciate any help.

EDIT: I just read in vassal_spitoff.txt that Outremer is among the titles immune to splitoffs. I'm guessing this also applies to shattering? It's not big deal as I can split it up manually.

Last edited:
Hi, am I formatting this correctly in shatter_empires.txt?

shatter_empires = { e_outremer, e_byzantium }

Only Byzantium shatters when I run the converter. I checked debug mode and made sure the Outremer ID is right. Also neither one is definded as the HRE. I'm thinking I just formatted that part of the config wrong, I'm not sure. I appreciate any help.

EDIT: I just read in vassal_spitoff.txt that Outremer is among the titles immune to splitoffs. I'm guessing this also applies to shattering? It's not big deal as I can split it up manually.
Drop that comma behind outremer and retry:
shatter_empires = { e_outremer e_byzantium }

Reactions:
I understand what you mean, if there is a culture head, maybe using his main title ?
It's really not simple, as neither the person nor his title (if he even has one) are guaranteed to survive the conversion - in case they are not independent.
However, nothing is preventing you from manually adding a tag to the cultural definitions in a completed conversion.

NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
Compatible with CK3 [1.6] and EU4 [1.33]

CK3ToEU4, 0.11Kushite​

Custodial Release​

This is a small patch bringing support for 1.6 CK3 but also introducing dynamical ideas built upon cultural traditions and heritages.

Hotfixes​

• Fix for autosave processing.
  • Fix for very large metadata header in zipped savegames.

Coldfixes​

• Fixed how building upgrades count towards development
  • Disabled CK2 mangling of Indian religions, now they stick to CK3 status.
  • Patched issues with personal deities introduced by 1.33 changes to mechanics.

Expansions​

• Nestorian holy sites added
  • Support for new 1.5.1 titles
  • Large patch that allows custom ideas for custom titles - dynamically built upon chosen heritages and traditions.
  • Added support for RICE mod.
  • Dropped support for East Asia as it's unsupportable by the converter.

Shuffles​

• More ImpToCK3 cultures.

• 2Like
Reactions:
I hope I am not making you repeat yourselves, but how are rite-faiths handled? do they get subsumed into the main faith (eg Catholicism), or do they become custom religions all the same?

I hope I am not making you repeat yourselves, but how are rite-faiths handled? do they get subsumed into the main faith (eg Catholicism), or do they become custom religions all the same?
Currently they are separate, unless specifically mapped otherwise.

Reactions:
Trying to convert a save, were i recreated the roman empire with hellenic faith, so their is no papal state on the map anymore.
When i try to convert it, i always get the "Title k_papal_state has CoA 1 which has no definition!" error message and the conversion stops. With and without enacting the decision to dismantle the papal state.

Trying to convert a save, were i recreated the roman empire with hellenic faith, so their is no papal state on the map anymore.
When i try to convert it, i always get the "Title k_papal_state has CoA 1 which has no definition!" error message and the conversion stops. With and without enacting the decision to dismantle the papal state.

I am encountering the same problem under the same circumstances, have attached a log.
If you imported a 1.5 save into 1.6, then yeah, that corrupts it.