• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right place (I don't usually come onto the Forums).

I saved my CK3 game on December 31st of 1452, ran it through the converter and enabled the mod in EU4. Every time I launch EU4, with the only other mod being Extended Timeline, it crashes without fail. I'm wondering if I've maybe put it in the wrong mods folder? It's currently set to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod but I've read elsewhere that it's in the Steam common folder. I tried putting it there but it was no different.

The only error in the converter was one about a coat of arms having to be converted to black.

I would appreciate any help possible.

Attachments

• Emperor_Bolesław_of_the_Middle_Europe_1452_12_31.ck3
    57,9 MB · Views: 0
Hi, I hope I'm posting in the right place (I don't usually come onto the Forums).

I saved my CK3 game on December 31st of 1452, ran it through the converter and enabled the mod in EU4. Every time I launch EU4, with the only other mod being Extended Timeline, it crashes without fail. I'm wondering if I've maybe put it in the wrong mods folder? It's currently set to Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod but I've read elsewhere that it's in the Steam common folder. I tried putting it there but it was no different.

The only error in the converter was one about a coat of arms having to be converted to black.

I would appreciate any help possible.
You enabled a conversion mod *along* Extended Timeline? That can't work. Disable ET in your playset and retry.

Ah, damn. I was hoping that I would be able to play my CK3 save beyond the early 1800s. Ok, I'll try that.
Yes, that's what eu4tovic2 converter is for, and vic2tohoi4 after that.

• 3Like
Reactions:
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
Compatible with CK3 [1.3-1.4] and EU4 [1.32]

CK3ToEU4, 0.9Insular​

Still in Maintenance Release​

In the last five months there were a lot of changes to the converter, from various breakage and crashfixes (due to incoming broken saves) to major expansions (East Asia mod, religions flavor missions). With the massive list of bugfixes to EU4 1.32, we're hopeful the converter will be as stable as before, particularly in MP games over which stability we have no control.

Hotfixes​

• Workaround for corrupted saves that lack baronies.
  • Workaround for corrupted saves that have claims on nonexistent titles.
  • Workaround for corrupted saves where supposed rulers don't have any domain under them.
  • Workaround for corrupted saves where titles lack capital baronies.
  • Workaround for corrupted saves where rulers have missing or invalid capitals.
  • Workaround for corrupted saves where rulers have a broken primary domain title.

Coldfixes​

• Ironing out IMPtoCK3 imports that lack islam, now islam is removed and replaced with alternative religions out of CK3 scope.
  • Fixed issues with native CK3 localisations being unusable in EU4 as EU4 lacks those characters - now locs are downgraded to ASCII where needed.
  • Fixed a number of duplicate and missing localisations in various languages.

Expansions​

• Support for 1.32 Songhay update.
  • East Asia Reboot mod support. Hi, China!
  • Custom faith icons by Plati, for both CK3 and IMP religions.
  • Incorporated Plati's religious flavor events and missions.
  • Altered CK3 dev -> EU4 dev algorithm, which is now further configurable in configurables/dev_weights.txt.
  • African passes sterilization (to separate subsaharan africa from CK3 megablobs) is now configurable in configurables/african_passes.txt.
  • Vassal splitoffs can now be configured in configurables/vassal_splitoff.txt, so you can make the process more or less sensitive to vassal size.
  • Marking what exactly was shattered into HRE so in eu4 that particular tag can be reformed instead of HRE tag.
  • Incorporated vanilla 's Mazdan blessings and holy sites to mazdan religion.
  • Similarly, added Sikh gurus.

Shuffles​

• Many new greek (sub)cultures for incoming IMP games.
  • Many balance changes to incoming IMP religions.
  • Minor Sunset Invasion scenario tweaks and fixes
  • Mon culture to mon culture.
  • Fixes to nestorian blessings,
  • Siberian mappings corrected
  • Old italian subcultures now supported
  • Corrections to mappings: polish
  • West franconia now maps to Palatinate

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
it should be
link = { ck3 = d_pecheneg eu4 = PTZ } # Pecheneg
link = { ck3 = c_pecheneg eu4 = PTZ } # Pecheneg
not
link = { ck3 = d_pecheneg eu4 = PCH} # Pecheneg
link = { ck3 = c_pecheneg eu4 = PCH } # Pecheneg
PCH is already in america

it should be
link = { ck3 = d_pecheneg eu4 = PTZ } # Pecheneg
link = { ck3 = c_pecheneg eu4 = PTZ } # Pecheneg
not
link = { ck3 = d_pecheneg eu4 = PCH} # Pecheneg
link = { ck3 = c_pecheneg eu4 = PCH } # Pecheneg
PCH is already in america
Thank you, fixed.

What do these religious flavor events and missions entail?
20210929232916_1.jpg

20210929231418_1.jpg

Random flavor events such as those. They were made to stay true to Vanilla look and feel and also to not be too intrusive. Flavor and Immersion, mostly.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Which mod exactly is this? I'm having difficulty finding anything by that name on the steam workshop or via google search.
It's not on steam workshop I think, and it's distributed through some.. uhh.. korean? webpage? It adds entire east asia ontop of regular CK3 map. I don't play it personally.

It works well! Thank you, master!
By the way, i have one naming error..If i play the game if the territory is far from the county they show the name Enclave--Name-Format..
How can I fix this problem..It supposes showing likes Scandinavia Greenland sth likes this.
Sometimes heir doesn't have a name as well

Attachments

• eu4_1.png
    eu4_1.png
    3,3 MB · Views: 0
  • eu4_map_SCA_1525_01_01_1.png
    eu4_map_SCA_1525_01_01_1.png
    295,6 KB · Views: 0
It works well! Thank you, master!
By the way, i have one naming error..If i play the game if the territory is far from the county they show the name Enclave--Name-Format..
How can I fix this problem..It supposes showing likes Scandinavia Greenland sth likes this.
Sometimes heir doesn't have a name as well
That doesn't happen on english localization, and we support only the localizations natively supported by EU4 - english, french, german and spanish.
I suspect whatever loc mod you're using has issues with greenland.

Please upload log.txt, your eu4 save and the conversion mod you're running.

• 1Like
Reactions:
That doesn't happen on english localization, and we support only the localizations natively supported by EU4 - english, french, german and spanish.
I suspect whatever loc mod you're using has issues with greenland.

Please upload log.txt, your eu4 save and the conversion mod you're running.
Oh thank you I find out Korean localizations mod make null in txt. I fix it! Thx alot!

View attachment 774037
Ive been having a problem where welsh seperatist want to get independce for wales, it has all cores for wales and is welsh as you can see im playing wales i dont know why this is happening
I suspect you are not in fact wales, but some dynamic tag. To be Wales (WLS) you needed to be k_wales when converting.
You can edit configurables/tag_mapping.stxt and add your own title (whatever it is) to WLS mapping at the top, so you'll in fact be wales after conversion.

For some reason when I press the convert button it fails imediatlry, does anyone know how to fix it?
Run vc_redist.x64.exe inside.

I suspect you are not in fact wales, but some dynamic tag. To be Wales (WLS) you needed to be k_wales when converting.
You can edit configurables/tag_mapping.stxt and add your own title (whatever it is) to WLS mapping at the top, so you'll in fact be wales after conversion.
yeah i figured it out and made my own work around of removing the wales tag from "countries.txt." id also like to add a suggestion to add a middle ground for de jure land, 10-30 year claims, also the destroying Siberian nations option doesn't function

also i formed the empire of wales, do i just type in e_wales will it work?
You need to start ck3 in debug mode and then use hover over your title to see what exactly it's named. There's no e_wales.