• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Sorry to bring this up again, I was just looking at your source code to see if I could mod it to work to let me do this, it might but I'm not sure (My plan is to initialise a list of dutchies that are preserved with kingdom shattering, but my experience with C++ is very limited, I code mostly in Java/MATLAB/Python). But I was just remembering that you can shatter kingdoms like empires. Would the code let me say assign a kingdom to someone within the HRE, shatter the HRE down to kingdoms, and then shatter that kingdom down to dutchies but keep those dutchies in the HRE? (Is that just something I would have to try to see if the multi-level shattering would work) Obviously, the shatter_empires.txt file says not to shatter the HRE but it doesn't say anything about its vassals...

Thanks.
Potentially, yes. HRE status in EU4 is achieved my marking down individual provinces (counties in ck3->provinces in eu4) so their dejure/defacto structure isn't relevant for that. Try it and see what happens and report back.

Hello! I am playing a CK3 run as a roman character. In what culture group will roman be if I convert the Game?
1624058533588.png

• 1Love
Reactions:
Help, when I convert my 1.4.2 Azure save from CK3 to 1.31.4 EU4, the game does not work. I can load into the map, but the screen does not change unless I alt-tab in and out. The game makes a noise like something is happening but the screen stays frozen until I alt-tab in and out. I have a pretty decent computer, and everything is up-to-date.
Sorry if I made any posting mistakes, never used this forum before.

Help, when I convert my 1.4.2 Azure save from CK3 to 1.31.4 EU4, the game does not work. I can load into the map, but the screen does not change unless I alt-tab in and out. The game makes a noise like something is happening but the screen stays frozen until I alt-tab in and out. I have a pretty decent computer, and everything is up-to-date.
Sorry if I made any posting mistakes, never used this forum before.
Upload save and log.txt.

Hello, I have got a problem. The converter halts at 20% and says it's due to '''Landed title c_aanaarjarvi has no definition in counties={} section of savegame!

This is how the log looks.
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [INFO]

************ -= The Paradox Converters Team =- ********************
* Converter version 0.7 "Gayomarthian"
* Compatible with CK3 1.3/1.4 and EU4 1.31
* Built on Fri Jun 18 14:57:02 2021
********************** + CK3 To EU4 + *****************************

2021-06-20 17:26:58 [PROGRESS] 0 %
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [INFO] Reading configuration file
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [ERROR] Could not open configuration.txt for parsing.
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [INFO] Using output name
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [ERROR] does not exist!

Hello, I have got a problem. The converter halts at 20% and says it's due to '''Landed title c_aanaarjarvi has no definition in counties={} section of savegame!

This is how the log looks.
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [INFO]

************ -= The Paradox Converters Team =- ********************
* Converter version 0.7 "Gayomarthian"
* Compatible with CK3 1.3/1.4 and EU4 1.31
* Built on Fri Jun 18 14:57:02 2021
********************** + CK3 To EU4 + *****************************

2021-06-20 17:26:58 [PROGRESS] 0 %
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [INFO] Reading configuration file
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [ERROR] Could not open configuration.txt for parsing.
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [INFO] Using output name
2021-06-20 17:26:58 [ERROR] does not exist!
Please upload entire log.txt. Just attach it to a post.

Done! It's in my previous post
I have no issues with converting your save. What version of CK3 are you running? Save converts against my 1.4.0 but your installation has "c_aanaarjavri" which does not exist in either 1.3.1 or 1.4.0. Did you run some other mods that added titles or altered the map?

Please do a steam verify files on CK3 and retry.

1624211728216.png

• 1Love
Reactions:
I have no issues with converting your save. What version of CK3 are you running? Save converts against my 1.4.0 but your installation has "c_aanaarjavri" which does not exist in either 1.3.1 or 1.4.0. Did you run some other mods that added titles or altered the map?

Please do a steam verify files on CK3 and retry.

Thanks!
Oh and the save is up to date, but the game was started pre-northern lords

Thanks!
Oh and the save is up to date, but the game was started pre-northern lords
If I can convert it then you should be able to as well. Just make sure your ck3 installation is current, and if it doesn't work, uninstall the game, check for and delete any leftover files, reinstall and retry.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here you go
1. That's not the same save as one referenced in log.txt
2. That's not a 1.4.2 save
3. Conversion works well:
1624254810076.png

I'm encountering an error that I don't know how to deal with, figured I'd ask ya'll how to deal with it / hoping that maybe someone can help me with it.

I keep getting the error "landed_title c_zelengora has no definition in counties={} section of the save game!"

Spent a lot of time in this save, and I'm really hoping I won't have to restart the whole damn thing. Uploading the log and the save file, of course.

Attachments

• Italia Canossa Convert.ck3
    60,9 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    22,9 KB · Views: 0
I'm encountering an error that I don't know how to deal with, figured I'd ask ya'll how to deal with it / hoping that maybe someone can help me with it.

I keep getting the error "landed_title c_zelengora has no definition in counties={} section of the save game!"

Spent a lot of time in this save, and I'm really hoping I won't have to restart the whole damn thing. Uploading the log and the save file, of course.
Yah. Any mod that alter the map on a geographical or political level is a no-go for the converter as we need vanilla titles to map them into corresponding EU4 titles. Far more importantly, we need the the counties as we map counties into EU4 provinces. Now, what happened here is that you have a c_zelengora left dangling.

c_zelengora is a vanilla title under Bosnia it contains provinces/baronies 3560, 3557 and 3559. Of these we take the lowest ID and map entire county like so:
Code:
    link = { ck3 = 3557 ck3 = 3581 eu4 = 3002 } # Zelengora, Podrinje -> Visoki

So far so good. Now comes along Better Empires - No Ahistorical Empires mod that alters the setup by doing this:
1624352920108.png

Not only does zelengora no longer exist and is now c_zachlumia, but even the staple barony 3557 is no longer lowest ID - which is now b_blagaj with 466.

And voila, we have a province-sized hole in the middle on bosnia as converter has no notion how to fill it. This is the first of such changes and converter dies on it. How many other provinces are affected I honestly don't know.

TL;DR: Do not play with map, culture or religion altering mods if you intend to convert to eu4.

All that said, I've patched the converter to do a best-effort, holes be damned. Grab the latest build from the first post of this thread and delete the old one. Come back if it doesn't work.

Potentially, yes. HRE status in EU4 is achieved my marking down individual provinces (counties in ck3->provinces in eu4) so their dejure/defacto structure isn't relevant for that. Try it and see what happens and report back.
It worked! I got a two-tier HRE and it didn't break electorships which was my biggest fear.
I'm trying to work out how to call Galicia-Volhynia though because k_galicia_volhynia or k_galicia-volhynia doesn't work.

It worked! I got a two-tier HRE and it didn't break electorships which was my biggest fear.
I'm trying to work out how to call Galicia-Volhynia though because k_galicia_volhynia or k_galicia-volhynia doesn't work.
1624374023755.png