• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Attachments

• output.zip
    4,8 MB · Views: 0
A completed game where I formed the Empire of Brittania. I re-named it to Scotslaw (I RP'd the unification of the Kingdoms of Scotland and the Danelaw)--will custom names for titles be ported over?
Please report bugs.

Attachments

• output.zip
    6,4 MB · Views: 0
Just a quick note to all who submitted saves:

Savegame again does not bothering saving religion and culture for all characters. Those that didn't have it defined defaulted to aka culture, shamanist religion and likely took their entire country into that direction. We're figuring out how to solve this and where to load actual religion/culture from.

If you have insight it would be well-received. (In CK2 religion was stored in CoA, this time, we have no clue where it is, yet).

I'm actually interested in other bugs you may notice.

Please report bugs.

So a crusader state in ck3 hasnt had its name ported over

CK3
1601133027225.png

EU4
1601132892263.png

Some catholic leaders became fetichist and my kingdom was quartered along with the HRE. Also, probably because of ck3 end date, game can not begin in 1444 so renaissance is everywhere and France and England start at war.
I ran your save with HRE shattering on, down to duchies. this deletes all kingdoms so you hold only what duchies you held personally. I've hopefully fixed the religions, cultures and wars. Please retry.

Attachments

• output.zip
    6,5 MB · Views: 0
Please report bugs.
it converted fine religion was exactly the same I had in ck3 province to province but
because I was Rome there were a lot of provinces outside of my culture group and a lot of provinces I couldn't convert also because I am Rome I seem to be over the new Governing capacity limit mechanic also I had the Cossack for no reason? I would prefer if there was a grace period where you get extra religion conversion and culture acceptance maybe? along with that it seems I have %0 development for every culture
Screenshot_978.png
Screenshot_975.png
Screenshot_974.png
Screenshot_973.png

it converted fine religion was exactly the same I had in ck3 province to province but
because I was Rome there were a lot of provinces outside of my culture group and a lot of provinces I couldn't convert also because I am Rome I seem to be over the new Governing capacity limit mechanic also I had the Cossack for no reason? I would prefer if there was a grace period where you get extra religion conversion and culture acceptance maybe? along with that it seems I have %0 development for every culture
1. I intend to do nothing about governing capacity. There's a reason Rome fell. If you want to mod it you can increase the capacity yourself in the defines.
2. All cultures are at 0% because EU4 detected you were WAY over capacity on game init and decided not to state anything to spare on the capacity. State something and you'll see numbers increase.
2a. We have no control over what is stated and what is not, it is not something one can affect through mods.
3. Due to magnagreek culture (an italian ofshoot of greek culture) you fall under Eastern tech group and EU4 gives you cossaks for free.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Here's my Omani game that got a little side tracked, lost a lot of personal holdings in the last couple of decades so I wonder how this'll turn out

Attachments

• IndiaEnd.ck3
    40,6 MB · Views: 0
Here's my Omani game that got a little side tracked, lost a lot of personal holdings in the last couple of decades so I wonder how this'll turn out
Bugs please.

Attachments

• output.zip
    5 MB · Views: 0
1. I intend to do nothing about governing capacity. There's a reason Rome fell. If you want to mod it you can increase the capacity yourself in the defines.
2. All cultures are at 0% because EU4 detected you were WAY over capacity on game init and decided not to state anything to spare on the capacity. State something and you'll see numbers increase.
2a. We have no control over what is stated and what is not, it is not something one can affect through mods.
3. Due to magnagreek culture (an italian ofshoot of greek culture) you fall under Eastern tech group and EU4 gives you cossaks for free.
well I played it for an other hour it seems as if it converted without any problems or bugs or glitches I like how you did the religion system and hope the development finishes soon. thanks to the converter community for making such great converters and keeping it free

0.1A - Adamite
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
CK3toEU4, 0.1Adamite
First Barebones Release

After a month in the forge, we've put together the initial release of CK3 to EU4 converter. It's a direct continuation of our line of CK2ToEU4 converters, but due to reduced development time of this stripped release we had to cut a few major features:
  • Converter does NOT support loans to Jewish moneylenders
  • Converter does NOT dynamically alter China's TAG according to ruling dynasty
  • Converter does NOT support great wonders.
Please forgive us for releasing this first build without such proper garments and we hope to make up for it with this:
  • All custom and reformed religions are dynamically generated according to tenets and doctrines chosen.
And now, onto the meat:

Requirements
  • Crusader Kings III with optional expansions, latest version is required.
  • Europa Universalis IV, with optional expansions, latest version is required.
Incoming Savegames
  • Converter supports compressed save games.
  • Ironman saves are supported.
Outgoing Mod
  • Converter will produce an EU4 mod.
  • Using the front-end, the mod will be copied to EU4 mod directory, located in the user's documents, usually C:\Users\User\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Europa Universalis IV\mod.
  • Without front-end (running the converter manually), the mod will be exported to the converter's output folder, and will have to be moved manually by the user.
Bookmarks
  • The converter ideally supports two starting bookmarks - 1444.11.11 and the date at conversion. Players starting earlier will have to wait for 1453 to begin with regular tech progression as technology during CK3 era does not change much.
  • Starting before 1066 will require the player to embrace Feudalism institution as it canonically starts at 1066.
Map conversion
  • Converter tries to alter the map as little as possible against vanilla. If a province is out of CK3's scope, it is left untouched. This applies to country histories as well - most out-ot-scope countries will have a history (monarchs, leaders, advisors) identical to EU4 if they start at 1444.11.11 bookmark
  • For those countries inside CK3's scope, the conversion treads lightly, only updating necessary elements, e.g. which provinces are owned by whom and what should be local religion/culture/development.
Religions and Cultures
  • EU4 conversion supports mappings for most CK3 canonical faiths, though although sometimes merging them with other religions. These religions are also compatible with EU4toVic2 and Vic2ToHoI4 converters.
  • Reformed and Custom religions are generated dynamically from chosen tenets and doctrines. As this is our first attempt of dynamically crafting EU4 gameplay, balance is yet to be tweaked.
  • Cultures have been expanded greatly, and CK3 cultures are not imported on 1:1 basis - instead they are split up. Italian can break into Tuscan, Lombardian, Umbrian, Venetian and so on, as the converter tries to emulate EU4 style of cultural groups.
  • Countries can be named after their Dynasties (though they retain canonical tags and have canonical missions and ideas), and some of these dynasties have custom flags. This applies to countries with cultures that support such a renaming.
Advisors, Rulers, Queens and Heirs
  • Ruler's councilmen from CK3 are available for hire in EU4 (unless they are too old for EU4 to offer them).
  • Rulers are converted ad-verbatim. If a ruler is too young to rule, a regency council will be set up for them.
  • Queens (or Prince-consorts) are also imported where possible, to help stabilize the realm at start.
  • Heirs are imported where possible. Since the converter does not have access to memory-state of a running CK3 game, it makes educated guesses for some of the more obscure succession choices, so please allow for a wrong heir or a lack of one that can occur sometimes.
  • Excommunicated rulers are imported as such.
  • Ruler prestige and cash are imported but at a logarithmic scale - starting as a relative unknown nets negative starting prestige, while those rulers staring at 500-1000 prestige or more will get a significant boost.
  • While starting prestige and cash are determined by EU4 itself, converter will give a boost of up to 100-150 ducats to wealthy rulers, and starting prestige modifier from -50 for complete unknowns up to +100 for extremely prestigious rulers.
  • Negative cash is not imported.
  • Alas, there are no loans to Jewish moneylenders in CK3 for the converter to import.
Diplomacy, Vassals, Tributaries and Personal Unions
  • For a christian ruler that holds multiple crowns (of same level), he will find his realm split into multiple states, under a personal union lead by his primary title. The split occurs on de-jure basis, where territory outside any de-jure titles will fall under primary crown.
  • Non-christian rulers in the same situation will simply absorb the other crowns.
  • Large CK3 vassals, holding inappropriate amounts of provinces (compared to the total country size) can be split off into autonomous EU4 vassals at conversion, if the player chooses appropriate option.
  • Royal marriages are not imported, and neither are alliances. Unlike CK3, in EU4 diplomatic slots are few and with some of them already taken by vassals and PUs, the converter does not desire to choke the player's diplomatic slots.
  • There are no tributaries to be imported.
Buildings, Development and Wonders
  • The converter does not import any buildings. Only building that is supported at game start is the humble Fort.
  • Small countries (but not OPMs or microstates) will only receive a capital fort, while larger ones will receive a fort in every state or territory they mostly control. Player should delete the excess forts if these hamper the economy.
  • Unlike buildings themselves, development and building count does map directly against CK3 development. The more castle baronies that exist in a province, and more buildings inside each, more manpower development is received. Similar applies to cities and production, and finally to temples and tax development. Raw county development is also scaled and redistributed across tax/production/manpower.
  • A single building, or building upgrade is worth 0.25 development points in appropriate category. Holding in a barony is worth 0.75 development points, and general development is worth 0.1 per point. Players are advised to tweak these numbers themselves in dev_weights.txt configuration file.
  • Wonders are not imported as the current special buildings in select provinces are not actual wonders from CK2.
HRE and Empire Shattering
  • Entirely player's choice, the HRE can be kept unified or shattered into EU4-style microstates. If shattering is enabled (which is recommended), the converter will carefully choose which tags are to be turned into free cities and electors.
  • Elector ratio attempts to match vanilla EU4 - three theocracies (or substitute republics in not enough (arch)bishops are available) and four secular rulers.
  • HRE Electors from CK3 are preserved if possible - they need to hold elector duchies and survive the conversion process.
  • Which empire is to be the new HRE is also up to the player - player can HRE-ify Byzantium, Rome, or any empire they desire.
  • All empires on the map can be shattered into smaller independent kingdoms or duchies, in case the CK3 game was too blobby. Which specific empires converter shatters can also be manually set.
Siberia & Africa
  • Optionally, the player can clear out all insignificant tribes from east and west Siberia Regions, excluding Kamchatkans which are out of scope. For those playing Russian countries, this will marginally ease any eastward colonial expansion.
  • Unless a large country has already expanded into Subsaharan region, the saharan passes will be cleared to prevent premature expansion into the basin.

And that's all for the first release. More to come as we fix more bugs, work on more cultures etc.

CapetReleaseBanner.png
The windows_development_build supersedes this release and is built whenever a feature is added, dynamically. You can get it here.

a few unmapped provinces in eu4
yugan, agan,ardakan, al gharbia,
Did you run with disabled burning of siberia/african passes?