• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
This might be a bit of an odd question, but - Say I only wanted to convert the (de jure, not custom) kingdom I played as in CK3 to EU4 and beyond, but wanted everything else to remain historical, then what's the best way to go about editing the converted mod? Should I even be editing the converted mod or am I better off creating a new mod folder on my own and the simply sticking in files from the converted mod that mention my kingdom/hybrid culture?

This might be a bit of an odd question, but - Say I only wanted to convert the (de jure, not custom) kingdom I played as in CK3 to EU4 and beyond, but wanted everything else to remain historical, then what's the best way to go about editing the converted mod? Should I even be editing the converted mod or am I better off creating a new mod folder on my own and the simply sticking in files from the converted mod that mention my kingdom/hybrid culture?
at that point it would just be easier to create a mod from scratch.

Generally for this type of conversion I'd recomend to just create a custom nation in the spot you want it to be. I know you'd like a custom culture or religion too, but for that just make a small mod and insert those inside.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Generally for this type of conversion I'd recomend to just create a custom nation in the spot you want it to be. I know you'd like a custom culture or religion too, but for that just make a small mod and insert those inside.

Thanks. FWIW - I found a way to get it work, at least so far. I just copy+pasted the EU4's default common/countries, country tags, and history/countries, provinces, wars into the modded folder, but retained all converted files with my country's tag. Even managed to carry over custom ideas from the converter which I'm a really big fan of because of the continuity it establishes between games.

Played for 20+ years and no issues so far at least. And it only took 15 minutes and minimal work from me - That's a testament to the quality and ease of use of your converters honestly. Thanks for them, y'all always hit the ball out the park.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hey, I am having trouble shattering specific empires in the shatter_empires.txt configurable. I have listed three that i want to shatter in the configurable, but only one shatters. The other two remain an empire. Am I inputting them wrong? Pictures attached of my configurable text file.

Attachments

• image-1.png
    image-1.png
    19,5 KB · Views: 0
Hey, I am having trouble shattering specific empires in the shatter_empires.txt configurable. I have listed three that i want to shatter in the configurable, but only one shatters. The other two remain an empire. Am I inputting them wrong? Pictures attached of my configurable text file.
Remove the commas, just input names.

Pls, help, why I always get Kievan Rus instead of normal Russia when converting this save? In CK3 I created Russia as a Novgorodian ruler.

How can I fix it? Pls
1681809477965.png

Attachments

• Старец_867_01_01.ck3
    68,7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Pls, help, why I always get Kievan Rus instead of normal Russia when converting this save? In CK3 I created Russia as a Novgorodian ruler.

How can I fix it? Pls
View attachment 968393
Because e_russia in CK3 means "Kievan Rus". To map to RUS instead, edit configurables/tag_mappings.txt and edit this line:
link = { ck3 = e_russia eu4 = UKR }
Replace UKR with RUS and reconvert.

• 1Like
Reactions:
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

MelianReleaseBanner.png
Compatible with CK3 [1.8-1.9] and EU4 [1.35]

CK3ToEU4, 0.13Melian​

Indominable Release​

The converter is getting regular patches to support the latest CK3 and EU4, as well as steady flow of contributor additions that expand the support for various popular mods. We're stable, and if you with to add support for your favorite mods, please expand the configuration files and contribute!

Hotfixes​

• Fix to leaky roman regnal generator which caused converter crashes

Coldfixes​

• Russian/Prussian nations can now form correctly.
  • Added missing Assyrian ideas from CK2 converter
  • Added missing localization for Jewish Tribal ideas.
  • Mozarabic religion fallback mappings.
  • Small Sunset Invasion Fix
  • Various corrections to province mappings
  • Rakaly update, much better save handling

Expansions​

• Support for both 1.8 CK3 and 1.35 EU4
  • Added some new possible government reforms to start the game with.
  • Support for Culture expanded - provinces & heritages
  • Support for Historic Invasions Mod
  • Added religion mappings TFE faiths
  • Multiple Province Development Transfer Option for MP games.
  • RICE update

Shuffles​

• Updated norse culture, moved livonian to baltic

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
As for andalusia my only theory is there is this one possible ending to the Iberian struggle which makes all kingdoms into empires (which did happen in my game but i don't know if it was before or after this conversion test) which might be fucking up with tag assignment. It's either that or some dev removed the andalusia tag from automatically applying cause i do recall that in a previous conversion of mine andalusia would switch back to islam in EU4 as an AI even if it was a christian kingdom beforehand.
I tested it (right beofre you guys updated the converter, tho) and this was indeed the reason. If the iberian struggle gets solved in the peaceful option which turns all kingdoms into empires, the game will convert those empires into custom nations with no tags. This may have been solved already since the last update, but i just wanted to give you guys a heads up

I tested it (right beofre you guys updated the converter, tho) and this was indeed the reason. If the iberian struggle gets solved in the peaceful option which turns all kingdoms into empires, the game will convert those empires into custom nations with no tags. This may have been solved already since the last update, but i just wanted to give you guys a heads up
I'm pretty sure it isn't solvable because the tags that the struggle makes are custom (x_x_....) instead of standard (e_...).
I can't speak for the devs, but as a user of this, whenever I'm about to convert, I launch my game in debug mode to check all of the custom tags and assign a suitable EU4 tag to them where one exists in tag mapping.