• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Can someone tell me how to edit my national idea? I looked online and it said to look for the file called 00_country_ideas.txt but I can't find that in my mod
Some file in common/ideas/ will have them. Look around, search for your tag, or your culture.

nope can't find it
All ideas the converter provides are, obviously, in common/ideas folder. If you can't find your idea set there, then you're using something from vanilla. Feel free to edit the mod and add your own ideas for your nation.

2023-03-20 01:56:30 [ERROR] Could not create country history file X01 - 00000 000000.txt
2023-03-20 01:56:30 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2023-03-20 01:56:30 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
can anyone tell me what to do to solve this problem?

2023-03-20 01:56:30 [ERROR] Could not create country history file X01 - 00000 000000.txt
2023-03-20 01:56:30 [ERROR] Converter Error! See log.txt for details.
2023-03-20 01:56:30 [ERROR] If you require assistance please upload log.txt to forums for a detailed post-mortem.
can anyone tell me what to do to solve this problem?
Don't use russian/asian localizations.

All ideas the converter provides are, obviously, in common/ideas folder. If you can't find your idea set there, then you're using something from vanilla. Feel free to edit the mod and add your own ideas for your nation.
There's no way that's the case. I formed my own nation, culture and religion in ck3 how can it be vanilla?

There's no way that's the case. I formed my own nation, culture and religion in ck3 how can it be vanilla?
Since you still haven't uploaded a single screenshot or anything, I hardly had that information.

Which just means the ideas you're using are either automatically generated by EU4 or they are (more likely) in the folder I said. Because that's the only place where they can go.
You should look at the idea titles, make a search in the localization folders, see if they respond to vanilla or mod, and them nake a search for their codes in both folders, see what pops up. Maybe you're getting some regional ideas, who knows.

Since you still haven't uploaded a single screenshot or anything, I hardly had that information.

Which just means the ideas you're using are either automatically generated by EU4 or they are (more likely) in the folder I said. Because that's the only place where they can go.
You should look at the idea titles, make a search in the localization folders, see if they respond to vanilla or mod, and them nake a search for their codes in both folders, see what pops up. Maybe you're getting some regional ideas, who knows.
Shoulda look for the idea titles instead of the bonus but i finally found it. Didn't expect the converter not to match the culture name in the file with the name in-game so the only way i can identify it is to compare the ideas written in the file with the ideas in game. But anyway thank you very much

Probably a stupid question, but could this possibly be made compatible somehow with the After the End Fan Fork mod? Was happily suprised it worked with Bookmarks+ but was also really looking forward to having a megacampaign starting with ATEff.

Reactions:
Probably a stupid question, but could this possibly be made compatible somehow with the After the End Fan Fork mod? Was happily suprised it worked with Bookmarks+ but was also really looking forward to having a megacampaign starting with ATEff.
I'm pretty sure mod support is just handled by whoever wants to add it at the moment. Like anybody can open up a pull request (I think that's the right thing) on the github with the required stuff.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I am having issues with population in vic3.
some countries can randomly have like 2 million people and be very small and yet somewhere like russia has 8k. what am I doing wrong?
I wouldn't know. You haven't uploaded your conversion's log.txt.
But my guess is you enabled absolute pop shaping.
PS: Also, wrong thread.

1679506637986.png

Can I quit at this stage?

Thank you, it works now, but where can I add decisions? Also how can I change the name of Jewish to Rabbinic?
You're asking general modding questions. Wiki may be of great help.
Decisions are in decisions folder. Localizations are in localizations folder.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, I'm probably just doing something stupid here, but I've been trying to figure out moving dynamic cultures into different culture groups and it's doing some weird things. Whenever I move a dynamic culture to a new group in the !.ZZ-dynamic_cultures.txt file, it ends up breaking other dynamic cultures from other groups seemingly at random. Sometimes it's fine (like moving Gallo from British to French), other times it breaks everything (like moving Norse-Italian from Latin to Scandinavian) and all dynamic cultures get removed from the map.
Do I need to change anything before or after the conversion that I'm just missing?

Hey, I'm probably just doing something stupid here, but I've been trying to figure out moving dynamic cultures into different culture groups and it's doing some weird things. Whenever I move a dynamic culture to a new group in the !.ZZ-dynamic_cultures.txt file, it ends up breaking other dynamic cultures from other groups seemingly at random. Sometimes it's fine (like moving Gallo from British to French), other times it breaks everything (like moving Norse-Italian from Latin to Scandinavian) and all dynamic cultures get removed from the map.
Do I need to change anything before or after the conversion that I'm just missing?
You are probably not being careful and didn't pay attention to braces. Leaving a brace open or closed in the wrong place can and will invalidate the rest of the file, essentially deleting the cultures from the map.
Just be more careful about the beginning and the end of the blocks you're shifting around.