• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hybrid cultures are fully supported, in EU4 and beyond. You will see them placed in a culture group based on heritage.
alright then. could you help me out with making this mod im playing with, blackemperors africaplus, compatible with the converter? i dont really know what needs to be done and i cant seem to find a guide.
beyond that, to finish off my set of questions, i dislike the way eu4 mashes all the different pagan religions into 4 or 5 neat overgeneralized categories, and i've found a mod that fills in these gaps. how would i be able to make this compatible as well

Last edited:
hi there, i've been meaning to play a big history playthrough primarily using this. the issue here is that vanilla ck3 only simulates a very incomplete version of history and i dont feel like you can just cut out half the connected landmass. fortunately there's two mods that include asia within ck3s boundaries and quite well on top of that, but i assume that these mods aren't compatible with the converter in some ways or another, so what would i need to do to make either one of these two compatible with the converter? i really dont want it to just plop down the ming and majapahit for no reason, honestly
Sorry, we don't support Asia extended mods.

alright then. could you help me out with making this mod im playing with, blackemperors africaplus, compatible with the converter? i dont really know what needs to be done and i cant seem to find a guide.
beyond that, to finish off my set of questions, i dislike the way eu4 mashes all the different pagan religions into 4 or 5 neat overgeneralized categories, and i've found a mod that fills in these gaps. how would i be able to make this compatible as well
Step one for any modded conversion is to try and see what breaks.
Then, if it's something you can actually fix, like new religions or cultures, you add those to appropriate files in configurables/ subfolder of the converter.
I can't give you advice if I don't know what's wrong or see the log.txt file.

I have made a hybrid culture from a modded culture and a few historic ones. My hybrid culture doesn't appear.
I have created a EU4 mod containing this modded culture, but I am a bit lost as where to place it in order for the converter to recognize it.
I guess this is pretty simular to wurmbos problems. I just don't know which files have to be placed where.
Would you mind explaining this in a little more detail?

Alright. I managed to change almost everything by manually tampering with the mod files. Last issue: my reformed and then diverged norse Religion doesn't have deities. Is there a way to fix this?

Last edited:
I have made a hybrid culture from a modded culture and a few historic ones. My hybrid culture doesn't appear.
I have created a EU4 mod containing this modded culture, but I am a bit lost as where to place it in order for the converter to recognize it.
I guess this is pretty simular to wurmbos problems. I just don't know which files have to be placed where.
Would you mind explaining this in a little more detail?

Alright. I managed to change almost everything by manually tampering with the mod files. Last issue: my reformed and then diverged norse Religion doesn't have deities. Is there a way to fix this?
In the resulting mod, make the following changes:
1) In the appropriate religion file: personal_deity = yes
2) In the common/personal_deities/00_norse_deities file: add an additional option in each OR section with your religion (religion = XYZReligion).

What does africaPlus do? What does the mod change?

You would need to edit the resulting EU4 mod generated by the converter to change religious groups. Simply create the new religious groups you want, add localizaton, the move all the religions you want to be in that group, into that group. Be sure to add a harmonization modifier and such for each new group.

Recently I attempted to convert a CK3 game to EU4, but unfortunately the conversion failed.

Can you guys look into it?

Note that I was using the "More Bookmarks+" Mod for CK3, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Attachments

• The Other Campaign - 1444.zip
    53,2 MB · Views: 0
  • log.txt
    3,9 KB · Views: 0
Recently I attempted to convert a CK3 game to EU4, but unfortunately the conversion failed.

Can you guys look into it?

Note that I was using the "More Bookmarks+" Mod for CK3, so maybe that has something to do with it.
More Bookmarks is a mod with issues the converter can't chew through.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Can somebody please tell me what the issue is?

Attachments

• Screenshot (32).png
    Screenshot (32).png
    291,3 KB · Views: 0
Can somebody please tell me what the issue is?

Please do as the last line says and upload log.txt. We can't know more until you do.

Nope, from that picture alone I can tell he's using More Bookmarks+ mod, which is broken and breaks the conversion.

PS: (... because I answered the same question 3 times so far...)

Last edited:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Do all mods with custom bookmarks affect the conversion or just that one? I wanted to try one next time i played for a mega campaign
Just that one, AFAIK.

Is there any guide on how to mod custom ideas into my nation in the game? I tried my hand at it but it didn't work
Ideas for nations are in the ideas folder under commons. If it's not there then it's probably vanilla and you can create your own... If that doesn't work you are most certainly using a wrong trigger or something. Hard to debug without any info.

Ideas for nations are in the ideas folder under commons. If it's not there then it's probably vanilla and you can create your own... If that doesn't work you are most certainly using a wrong trigger or something. Hard to debug without any info.
I figured it out. I had to add the ideas and flavor text in separately, then find the files for the dynamic cultures and edit the specific culture of my nation with the specific bonuses. Pretty confusing but apparently it worked out perfectly. I can't even imagine how hard these converters must be to make.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Hello, I have a question related to the building upgrades and their effect on conversion: according to the wiki page, a building upgrade gives a certain amount of points related when converting to EU4. My question is: does this effect only occurs once per building (ie, you only get the point when you upgrade the building to level 2), or do you get the effect as many times as the amount of level the building end up being at the time of conversion (ie, maximum of 7 times at the maximum vanilla level for a building of 8)?