• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
On a second look - is that a new crown I spy?
trad_ting_meets.png
You might be correct! I don't quite recognize it either.

Reactions:
I'm very curious to see how "Charitable is more common" is implemented. Does it make the childhood event that gives that trait happen more? If so, will it exacerbate the problem of the same childhood event happening multiple times for the same child?

It'd be cool if Tribal Unity had a way to overcome the huge penalties to getting alliances with an independent sibling after partition. Currently there's like a -200 penalty because they have a claim, regardless of their personality or their ability to actually press it. It would be cool if letting a sibling inherit an independent kingdom was a viable path to building a new ally in some cultures. As it stands, I don't think the minor modifiers in the tradition are going to make it feel very "unified" when your siblings are still at your throat. It could be balanced by giving harsh penalties to attacking your relatives, making it harder to betray them.

• 3Like
Reactions:
We still have them in the Isle of Man and Iceland!
Iceland is sparsely populated between glaciers and mountains ofc they would have tings for the same reason the Scandinavians had them.

I imagine Isle of Man lacks a tradition of a central authority on the island itself. People have always convened regardless of Norse heritage or not.

• 1Like
Reactions:
It's ironic that the Ting-Meet description mentions centralized government being difficult. Scandinavian Elective is basically free primogeniture so in-game it's one of the most centralized forms of government you can get in 867.

• 11Like
Reactions:
On a second look - is that a new crown I spy?
You might be correct! I don't quite recognize it either.
I believe that is a table.
Very uncomfortable, but still a table.
How would anyone be able to sit and not smash their thighs every two seconds.

Edit
Guys I was making a joke about how the table looks like one of these byzantine crowns, I know they were talking about the crown in the bottom left corner, don't flame me :(.

Last edited:
  • 8Haha
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hopefully this expansion comes out before my baby is born and I have a chance to play a little bit...
My first was born September 23 2020. Got 3 weeks with CK3. Still find an hour here or there, more so now she naps.

Best thing to ever happen to me! Congrats, if you're anything like me you're going to love it.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I don't think any of the traditions so far have really grabbed my interest, would like to see at least one that's esoteric or mysticism related, even something with an overt learning slant would be nice.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Iceland is sparsely populated between glaciers and mountains ofc they would have tings for the same reason the Scandinavians had them.

I imagine Isle of Man lacks a tradition of a central authority on the island itself. People have always convened regardless of Norse heritage or not.

The traditional authority on the Isle of Man is the Tynwald, which has been meeting for over a thousand years, since the vikings conquered the island (though not actually continuously). It is explicitly because of their Norse heritage. Why do you think people would abandon their traditions - not to mention their rights and political power - if they weren't forced to? The Normans were Gallicised, the Danes in Great Britain were conquered and assimilated, and the things in Scandinavia proper were (iirc) abolished by powerful kings with a mandate to modernise their countries. The Icelandic and Manx cultures retained continuity with their roots by being isolated from contact with or colonisation by other cultures. If mountains and ice were some sort of cultural preservative they would have kept the tradition in Norway and Scotland, and if it was down to some ancient Brythonic tradition, it would apply equally to the rest of the British Isles.

• 2Like
Reactions:
The next update is going to be amazing! Maybe this is not the place but, will names get a revamp with the upcoming update un cultures ? As of now names are not dynamic, they do not change from culture to culture like in CK2. This is not even the main problem, If I want give my Greek Orthodox Son a Christian(Orthodox) name that name would always be english. This happened to me, naming by son John. I thought this would turn into Ioannes but it does not, and as far as I know (I may be wrong) if an Anglo Saxon Eadweard succeded by an English Edward would not cause any regnal numbers to be used.

Reactions:
I feel like there's real problem looming with cultures and faiths overlapping

For example I can't see how there can be charitable culture. I can see how religion may approve and encourage charitable behaviour, but not the entire culture.

You should really dictinct this line separating cultural features from faith tenets I think. Dictinct spheres of responsibility for each.

Like for example spoken language is a cultural feature, whilst writing language is a religious feature.

Reactions:
It would be better if the developers made the possibility of changing the coats of arms of houses and dynasties, promised even before the start of the game (as it was in CK2), the flags of houses divided into 4 parts are terribly annoying, not the best solution ... But they stuck a choice of colors for cultures, religions and domain

Reactions: