• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

PDX-Nicou

Captain
39 Badges
Oct 22, 2019
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • War of the Roses
  • Magicka
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II
Hi everyone,

We have released Update 1.6.0.1 for PC at 10am CEST this morning.
The latter aims to fix the recent CPU Support Issue for Fate of Iberia (AVX issue) that you have reported after the release of Flavor Pack 2.

Update 1.6.1 will be released in the coming weeks, where we’re tweaking some balance, fixing issues found by you in the community, and also adding in a few new goodies (Sneak Peak Here).
Remember to pop by the bug forums if you have a problem, so we can investigate and fix the issues you experience with CK3.

Some of the issues that will be fixed in 1.6.1:
  • Crashes when changing Amenities in Tribal Royal Court
    • At the moment the workaround is to change from Tribal to Feudal, we know it is not the best but we are working on it.
  • Northern Hairstyles are not available for Northern characters
  • King of Asturias starts with negative prestige in 867 bookmark
  • Achievement "History's best friends" is achieved upon seducing/romancing anyone
  • More improvements & bug fixes
We are also adding a new game rule for the Dissolution Faction in 1.6.1, along with tweaks to the feature to rebalance it. Again, thank you for your feedback!

Thanks for your time and patience,

Steam Spotlight (2108x460).png

• 35Like
Reactions:
At the moment the workaround is to change from Tribal to Feudal
I appreciate the thought here, but that's not a work around.
Hopefully there will be a fix soon.

• 1Like
Reactions:
We are also adding a new game rule for the Dissolution Faction in 1.6.1, along with tweaks to the feature to rebalance it. Again, thank you for your feedback!

I hope that this game rule is merely a stopgap measure, and does not become a permanent way to avoid fixing the root problem. We already have an arbitrary 5 or 10 year grace period for factions because of how broken they are at game start, and now we'll have another bandaid to paper over the balance issues. I'm glad to see that there will also be tweaks, but if the faction system as a whole keeps requiring these heavy handed treatments, perhaps it's time to rework it entirely?

Reactions:
I appreciate the thought here, but that's not a work around.
Hopefully there will be a fix soon.
Hello there!

Sorry for the confusion. To clarify, the workaround is to open the Amenities tab of any feudal court (even that of another realm) before opening your tribal one. It seems odd, but our Devs have told us that it works! Hope that helps a bit until the next Update is released.

Reactions:
When I started the game a few hours ago there was Akon as faith instead of the mozarabic faith in iberia. Is this a new bug or was this a also in the game a few days ago?

Wait so what are the fixes beyond cpu issues and whats likelihood of compatibility with previous patch considering this is a hotfix?
This is basically a MicroUpdate, it only fixes the CPU issue. A more substantial update will be following soon. And yes, this Update should not have any negative effect on your previous saves.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello there!

Sorry for the confusion. To clarify, the workaround is to open the Amenities tab of any feudal court (even that of another realm) before opening your tribal one. It seems odd, but our Devs have told us that it works! Hope that helps a bit until the next Update is released.
Unfortunately it didn't work for me. I hope the fix will be released before 1.6.1.

Thanks for the update!

In theory dissolution-factions would be great, if they occured less frequently and if they were only a counter-balance against the AI-capability to actually build empires by themselves. Right now it only contributes to throw the wacky balance of AI vs. player even further away out of the window, as the dissolution-faction prevents for most of the time the AI to build itself up as a real nemesis the player could face in lategame. Empires were built in the Middle-Ages and even sustained for quite a while. They crumble now way, way too quickly.
Echoing the need for a faction rework as proposed by @Tiax, alongside a general revamp of internal politics, to make them engaging, fun and enabling for the AI to build itself up as a real threat. I don't know, give us childs of destiny again or an equivalent to "lucky nations" (HIP in CK2 had the ability to imbue the "lucky ruler"-trait, which was fantastic).

• 3Like
Reactions:
In theory dissolution-factions would be great, if they occured less frequently and if they were only a counter-balance against the AI-capability
Honestly, I think this applies to factions in general. As with so much in the game, it's an interesting concept that the AI doesn't know how to use properly. Why are independence factions almost never-ending?

• 2Like
Reactions:
Honestly, I think this applies to factions in general. As with so much in the game, it's an interesting concept that the AI doesn't know how to use properly. Why are independence factions almost never-ending?
They should make ai conquer far more often, so places like former abbasid empire won't just stay together as bunch of minors for too long

Reactions: