• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

diiter

Sergeant
44 Badges
Jun 25, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • War of the Vikings
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Rome Gold
Hello,

so i recently got a steam deck and i wanted to try ck3 on it. on my desktop pc, i play with several mods: EPE, CFP, CE, RICE, More Bookmarks+ and several small ones. naturally, i want to play with the same setup when im playing with the steam deck. but when i have the mods activated, the game crashes as soon as i click the "Choose which ruler to play..." button, so when the game is generating the map.

my question is, has somebody had similiar experiences? is there anything i could do to make it work? i cant really believe that its a hardware problem, since the steam deck is able to handle much bigger and demanding games than ck3 with some mods on.

VUmzq32.gif
to the Tech Support subforum.

Try each of those mods one at a time to see which one is doing it.

Very hard to see how to proceed them, really. It needs ALL of the mods you've chosen to be enabled to cause this? Omitting any one means it runs okay?

Very hard to see how to proceed them, really. It needs ALL of the mods you've chosen to be enabled to cause this? Omitting any one means it runs okay?
No not really, if i deactivate, for example, RICE and the corresponding compatibility mods, it still crashes. Its just when im using just one or two of the mods that it works

I don't think we're going to be able to fix this one, I'm sorry. For a start the Steam Deck is not supported hardware for this game, and as (I now see!) it runs Windows games under Linux via Proton, I'm not surprised there are problems.

okay so you think its a linux issue? could running the steam deck with windows 10/11 solve the issue?
If that is possible, I'm pretty sure it would, yes - after all they work on your PC.

are there any plans changing this in the future?
I'm not across the development plans for this game, but I'd frankly doubt it - it's very rare indeed to retrospectively add new hardware compatibility to our games.

You could post that idea in the Suggestions forum here though.