• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fawnek 1

Private
Sep 15, 2022
As stated game keeps crashing, it stutters and continues for less than a second, then crashes.
I have a whole list of crash logs from the past week, below is the most recent. Anyone else been having similar issues?

Here's what i have tried:
AVX hot fix beta opt in
Running program as administrator
running windows compatibility troubleshooter
Verifying game files
uninstall/reinstall

Attachments

• debug.log
    312,8 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    5,8 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    867 bytes · Views: 0
  • game.log
    73,1 KB · Views: 0
  • exception.txt
    1,3 KB · Views: 0
  • last_save.ck3
    17,9 MB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    605 bytes · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    28,5 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    4,9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I was having this issue after the Royal Court DLC launched and it lasted a couple months until after a couple patches reduced the problems. Now that the F&F DLC released, I am seeing this same problem again.

• 1Like
Reactions:
VUmzq32.gif
to the Tech Support subforum.

AVX hot fix beta opt in
Please opt out of that so you get on the new 1.7.0.1 patch, that has other crash fixes in it.

Does that help?

Please opt out of that so you get on the new 1.7.0.1 patch, that has other crash fixes in it.

Does that help?
I opted out of it after it kept crashing, here is another set of logs from today after the patch was released.
No betas and Not being ran as Administrator
Thanks

Attachments

• exception.txt
    1,2 KB · Views: 0
  • last_save.ck3
    21,2 MB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
    753 bytes · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    29,8 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
  • debug.log
    784,6 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    17,7 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    121,5 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
Lots of errors in that log, I'm not sure if they are cosmetic or not. Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
- Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new campaign, NOT any existing one.

Is that any better? If not can I get new copies of all those files please.

Lots of errors in that log, I'm not sure if they are cosmetic or not. Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/CK3 folders
In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- Right click on ck3.exe , properties, compatibility. Tick "disable fullScreen optimisations" untick every other box in that dialog, Apply and exit.
- Then in the launcher Game Settings menu, select fullScreen display mode, Vsync off, refresh rate 60.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new campaign, NOT any existing one.

Is that any better? If not can I get new copies of all those files please.
It did not fix it unfortunately, Here are the logs as instructed.

Attachments

• exception.txt
    1 KB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
  • last_save.ck3
    8,2 MB · Views: 0
  • minidump.dmp
    34,2 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
  • debug.log
    484,2 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    34 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    111,8 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
No real clues in there.

Is this crash on starting the game, or on loading a particular save, or on starting a new campaign?

No real clues in there.

Is this crash on starting the game, or on loading a particular save, or on starting a new campaign?
There is not a specific time that it happens, happens regardless of save, perhaps more frequently later in a game, i will have to start keeping track of dates.
but it has also happened directly after starting a campaign as well. I have not noticed any specific actions that cause it as well, i will try catching it happening while recording through geforce in the future to better help show the issue.

When it happens can you load that same save and carry on? Or does it crash at the same point on reload?

When it happens can you load that same save and carry on? Or does it crash at the same point on reload?
once it starts happening on a save it is more likely to happen again, but not always at the same point. I managed to catch it on video, attached are the logs and a link to the video Here

Attachments

• exception.txt
    1,4 KB · Views: 0
  • last_save.ck3
    12,5 MB · Views: 0
  • meta.yml
  • minidump.dmp
    34,7 MB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
  • debug.log
    697,3 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    63,1 KB · Views: 0
  • game.log
    108,9 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
Looking at that log I'm pretty sure you are seeing a game bug, although not apparently a very widely spread one. Rather odd I have to say.

So I'll direct you to the Bug Reports forum now:

Please make a new thread there and attach all those files - the logs, problem save game, and video.

Sorry for this problem!

Looking at that log I'm pretty sure you are seeing a game bug, although not apparently a very widely spread one. Rather odd I have to say.

So I'll direct you to the Bug Reports forum now:

Please make a new thread there and attach all those files - the logs, problem save game, and video.

Sorry for this problem!
No worries,
Bug report thread: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-a-second-then-crashes.1543095/#post-28482792