• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If your entire PC is rebooting that’s more indicative of a systemic problem with your system. I’d run a manual full windows update.

id also try to use DDU uninstalled to clean uninstall your video drivers and then reinstall the latest ones

If your card is overheating you can try to mitigate it by enabling vsync. Or getting a much more aggressive fan curve

The systemic problem is W10 and DirectX with AMD drivers.

I had hard hang on two computer since w10 release. One was a 4770k with MSI Rx 470 and MSI motherboard which was working fine on W7 but have issue with W10 (Some window update working better than others). Now, I have a 3400g with MSI mother board which crash. I solved hard hang by setting cTDP at 45W and now when it crash it could have BSOD or GSOD. These crashes now indicate a mix of AMD drivers fault, fault as PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA , DirectX fault, etc. At least, they are now reported to Microsoft which would perhaps solve them one day.
CK3 is quite unstable, I could sometime plays hours and sometimes it stop in 2mn. I was able to play hours on TWW2 with CTDP at 65W so you could excluded hardware issue and most of the problem occurs after W10 update on my 3400g.

The systemic problem is W10 and DirectX with AMD drivers.

I had hard hang on two computer since w10 release. One was a 4770k with MSI Rx 470 and MSI motherboard which was working fine on W7 but have issue with W10 (Some window update working better than others). Now, I have a 3400g with MSI mother board which crash. I solved hard hang by setting cTDP at 45W and now when it crash it could have BSOD or GSOD. These crashes now indicate a mix of AMD drivers fault, fault as PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA , DirectX fault, etc. At least, they are now reported to Microsoft which would perhaps solve them one day.
CK3 is quite unstable, I could sometime plays hours and sometimes it stop in 2mn. I was able to play hours on TWW2 with CTDP at 65W so you could excluded hardware issue and most of the problem occurs after W10 update on my 3400g.

I would use the AMD driver cleanup utility to fully clean any old drivers

I see you have the ASUS Suite in use, can you try unloading all of that please?

Aside from that, I suggest you wait until you see the 1.1 patch come down - should be quite soon! - then do a clean install to clean up all those errors we see in there:

Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

Thanks Andrew, I'll try to do what you suggested.
Does anyone here know how to unload the ASUS suite? Came pre-installed with my machine I think

Thanks Andrew, I'll try to do what you suggested.
Does anyone here know how to unload the ASUS suite? Came pre-installed with my machine I think

I haven't had much chance to play recently but it just happened again.
Any more ideas?

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    79,5 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    904 bytes · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    3,2 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    626 bytes · Views: 0
I haven't had much chance to play recently but it just happened again.
Any more ideas?
No problem with the game recorded in that dxdiag. Lots of crashes in DipAwayMode.exe still though, which is part of that ASUS suite I mentioned.

The error.log is a bit disturbing, including some mod errors. Can you please unsubscribe from ALL mods, then do another full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere
- "uninstall" in Steam-CK3
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/CK3 AND Documents/Paradox/CK3 folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add CK3.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test with a new campaign, not any existing one

In particular make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam CK3 or Documents CK3 locations, before installing again.

I am having the same issues. Game plays for awhile on Ironman and then crashes after clicking on pretty much anything on screen. It has happened on every game eventually. Sometimes 5 minutes after start and sometimes several hours in.

Tried re-install. Updated drivers. Updated Windows. Tried playing on medium graphics mode. Cleaned inside my PC. I have spent more time trying to get this to work than playing the game.

Sent a support request today. Too bad it is a very addictive game. Unfortunately it is unplayable for me at this point. Nothing worse than taking a count to a King with Genius traits and an genius heir only to not be able to continue.

Likely I will ask for a refund and maybe try it in a year when it is on sale and likely the bugs are worked out.

This is late but very recently my pc has become unable to run ck3 well the mods are compatible it seems and the game was running smoothly it just always seems to randomly crash
Your issue is not the same as the one in this thread, as you don't mention your computer crashing.

Please open a new thread rather than reviving a dead one, thanks. Provide there full system details and problem history, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.