• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

gtigers55

Corporal
23 Badges
Jul 25, 2011
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Short summary of your issue
Computer restarts while playing CKIII Randomly

Game Version
1.4.4 (Azure)

What OS are you playing on?
Windows

What platform are you using?
Steam

Do you have mods enabled?
No

Have you tried verifying your game files (Steam only)?
Yes

How much "pain" is this causing you?

Please explain the issue you experienced in the most condensed way possible
Intermittently since the release of the game I have had issues intermittently causing the game to force shutdown/restart my computer. It will happen at random points, sometimes when I click, sometimes just scrolling around, it doesn't seem to have a singular cause. This happens at early game and late game. Has happened in multiple playthroughs since launch of game. I play other games and have no issues with force restarts with anything except for CK3.

Please explain how to reproduce the issue
Open up CK3 and play the game, at somepoint it may or may not cause a restart.

Is there anything else you think could help us identify/replicate the issue?
Playing the game for a short time typically causes issue.

I have attached a save game
Yes

Upload Attachment
File(s) attached

Posts from Previous thread and link to thread: Old Thread

I've been having the exact same issue as the guy above. I tried what you did with his to fix it but that didn't work (actually worked worse) Attaching my dx diag.

EDIT: Added error log.

In future please start your own thread - similar symptoms do not necessarily come from the same root cause.

Your problem comes from your nVidia driver:
and it is not up to date. Please try this:

- uninstall your nVidia driver and all other nVidia software
- reboot
- install the latest October 2021 from here:
- reboot again

Then test with a new unmodded campaign. Please us know if that helps or not.
and it is not up to date. Please try this:

- uninstall your nVidia driver and all other nVidia software
- reboot
- install the latest October 2021 from here:
- reboot again

Then test with a new unmodded campaign. Please us know if that helps or not.

My apologies - was trying not to spam the forum with multiple requests

Okay so i installed the drivers and everything seems to runs fine for the new campaign. My old campaign prior to the new driver update is still experiencing crash issues. I'm not sure if this is because it was started on the old driver or because it is late game (past 1400). Is there anyway that the old game will run smoothly or is it just kinda stuck like this?

EDIT: I've been able to reproduce the bug on the old campaign crashing by clicking into high loading tasks (Dynasty Tree) and in some cases the court tab due to number of prisoners. The old campaign was also not modded.

I will form a new thread with all the info I've posted in here.

Attachments

• error.log
    26,1 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag.txt
    82,1 KB · Views: 0
  • DxDiag2.txt
    98,4 KB · Views: 0
  • de_Hauteville_1066_Ironman.ck3
    36,5 MB · Views: 0
This is from the new save that was started post installation. First crash on this.

The crashes have gotten to the point where the game is unplayable. I have no other games that have crashing issues other than this one and it's getting to be extremely frustrating.

Attachments

• error.log
    976 bytes · Views: 0
FYI there is no need to keep posting error logs, they contain nothing about hardware crashes like this.

The game crashes in that dxdiag are still in the nVidia driver, which is surprising - you did do the clean reinstall of all nVidia software that I described before?

Indeed there is a crash in NVDisplay.Container.exe there, nothing to do with this game. That really looks like an nVidia software or hardware issue!

Did the clean reinstall/update for the NVIDIA Driver.

It's strange to me that I've never had issues with any other games that were initially made for PC. CK2, Cities Skylines, iRacing, and many others I've never had crash. Only other thing I've ever had crash is a PS3 emulator due to deadlocked or sleepy threads. Could this be something related?

What would I go looking for in the computer to fix it if so if you truly believe this has nothing to do with the game.

Weird that system memory (apparently) affected the video like that ... in any case glad you got there, all the best!

• 1Like
Reactions: