• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK3 Dev Diary #47 - Happy Holidays!

Howdy all!

What a wild ride this entire year has been so far! We launched the game, brought the Ruler Designer to a new generation of CK fans, created a wholesome and welcoming community, and had a ton of fun.

While there is still a bit of time left in the year, we will be following in the footsteps of the long time-honored Paradox tradition of taking some time off around the holidays to give the teams a chance to recuperate and relax. This will also make sure that we are able to continue bringing you first class content in the new year! That being said, most of the team will be out spending time enjoying their holidays from this week until sometime early January 2021.

Without all of you in the Community, we would not be able to live our dreams of bringing Crusader Kings to life and share with you all. So, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for the wonderful memories during a truly trying year and may we see you all again in the new year.

There won’t be a Dev Diary until Mid-January at the very earliest, so keep an eye out for news on when they will return after the new year.

Happy Holidays to all!

• 117Like
  • 22Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Crusader Kings III
MonthAvg. PlayersPeak Players
Last 30 Days12,697.421,394
November 202013,225.424,860
October 202020,782.246,009
September 202048,312.598,474

happy new year yeah

Reactions:
"Game has a large number of players on release and falls off over time" is, like, the opposite of news.

Reactions:
Yeah, to bring back my favourite chart:
1609617446497.png

The last four Paradox releases had the same pattern. CK3 has actually levelled off at about twice HoI4's and Stellaris' level. Curious to see how it will do with the first DLC launch but it seems quite stable at a much higher player count than the other flagships were in this time in their lifetime.

• 5Like
Reactions:
over time? 75% in 2 month? ahahah
i haven't played since months...felt scammed for my money... 50 euro ck3 ? rofl

Why are you even in this thread if you're just going to bash Paradox? This is a festive thread for people to wish each other happy holidays, there's an entire forum filled with threads about what's wrong with the game. Make a thread about the gameplay numbers there if you want to - though you'll get the exact same rather effective rebuttal that you got here.

Reactions:
Crusader Kings III
MonthAvg. PlayersPeak Players
Last 30 Days12,697.421,394
November 202013,225.424,860
October 202020,782.246,009
September 202048,312.598,474

happy new year yeah
Significantly fewer people play game four months after release than at original release to splendid reviews. Film at 11.

There won’t be a Dev Diary until Mid-January at the very earliest, so keep an eye out for news on when they will return after the new year.
Is there will be news of when dev diaries will return today?

Cordially

Reactions:
it's still not mid-january, that would be on the 15th
I wasn't asking is there will be a dev diary, because they said that won't be "until Mid-January at the very earliest" - I was asking for "news on when they will return after the new year." :)

Cordially

I am loathe to start a new game, my previous one just fell apart, damn vikings, the ruined scandanvia. I hate starting one so close to when there might be a new update.

I don't think any updates are expected until the first DLC (be it flavor or content) goes live, right? That's probably still a month or two off considering Dev Diaries haven't even resumed yet.

I don't think any updates are expected until the first DLC (be it flavor or content) goes live, right? That's probably still a month or two off considering Dev Diaries haven't even resumed yet.
I haven't heard anything about a) there being no more updates until the first DLC, or b) a DLC arriving in a month or two. Did I miss something or is this just conjecture?

When we can expect new patch?