• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

CK3 Dev Diary #47 - Happy Holidays!

Howdy all!

What a wild ride this entire year has been so far! We launched the game, brought the Ruler Designer to a new generation of CK fans, created a wholesome and welcoming community, and had a ton of fun.

While there is still a bit of time left in the year, we will be following in the footsteps of the long time-honored Paradox tradition of taking some time off around the holidays to give the teams a chance to recuperate and relax. This will also make sure that we are able to continue bringing you first class content in the new year! That being said, most of the team will be out spending time enjoying their holidays from this week until sometime early January 2021.

Without all of you in the Community, we would not be able to live our dreams of bringing Crusader Kings to life and share with you all. So, from the bottom of our hearts, THANK YOU for the wonderful memories during a truly trying year and may we see you all again in the new year.

There won’t be a Dev Diary until Mid-January at the very earliest, so keep an eye out for news on when they will return after the new year.

Happy Holidays to all!

• 117Like
  • 22Love
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
Have a good lockdown holiday devs :) Hope the new year will be bring many features, fixes, and Iron Century.

• 18Like
Reactions:
Have a great holiday and thanks for the amazing game. I've been having a blast.

Ps; the "there wont be a dev diary but you'll hear from us soon" gives me sad memories of when dev diaries for ck2 stopped before ck3 was announced

• 7Like
Reactions:
Oh man, no surprise release of the Christmas music from CK2? Regardless, looking forward to hearing more next month - maybe some DLC/expansion news to liven things up. Hard to believe the game has been out for over 3 months already

• 7Like
  • 4Haha
Reactions:
God Jul

• 1Like
Reactions:
I don't know which holidays the phrase refers to, but Merry Christmas and thanks for the support so far.

• 3Love
  • 3Haha
  • 2Like
Reactions:
I don't know which holidays the phrase refers to, but Merry Christmas and thanks for the support so far.

Saturnalia was celebrated during the Roman era. It took place over what we now call the Christmas Season, and included many elements of our Xmas celebrations, the Twelves Day and such. One major exception to this seems to be the Christmas Tree, which was a Germanic tradition...

• 2Like
Reactions:
Saturnalia was celebrated during the Roman era. It took place over what we now call the Christmas Season, and included many elements of our Xmas celebrations, the Twelves Day and such. One major exception to this seems to be the Christmas Tree, which was a Germanic tradition...
I don't understand the relevance of your response, unless you're suggesting that Paradox are choosing to placate neo-pagans. :p

Which other holidays besides Christmas are included within the generic 'Happy Holidays'? I'm asking because I'm curious. Are there Jewish/Muslim/Hindu/etc. celebrations at the same time?

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Which other holidays besides Christmas are included within the generic 'Happy Holidays'? I'm asking because I'm curious. Are there Jewish/Muslim/Hindu/etc. celebrations at the same time?
Hannukah always lands in December. (Not always the same week, because the Jewish calendar is lunisolar, but always in December.)

The African-American cultural festival of Kwanzaa is in late December.

And, of course, there's the Western new year.

• 2Like
Reactions: