• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings!

Patch 1.2 ‘Argent’ has been out for a while now, and we hope you’re enjoying it! It’s so much fun to see what fascinating creations you all create in the Ruler Designer!

To round off the year, we’re planning to release a small patch early next week. Originally we wanted to release it this week, but some more issues were found that we wanted to address - such is the nature of software development! :)

The patch will address a number of bugs and issues, listed below:

- You can now hold the Control-key when raising armies to not have them be split based on supply when you raise them
- Fixed the Ruler Designer crashing when using the arrow keys to move sliders on machines with limited RAM
- Fixed some characters not having access to Cultural Names when naming children because their Religion didn’t have any Religious names defined
- Fixed a crash that could happen when randomizing Dynasty Names for certain cultures in the Ruler Designer
- Fixed the Legacies button being hidden beyond the screen if both Dynasty and House modifiers are present
- Fixed the AI not always supporting the player correctly when handling massive armies
- Fixed not being able to build certain buildings when playing the game in spanish, esto ahora está arreglado
- Fixed siege sounds sometimes persisting after you close the siege window
- Removed the deprecated Nudity game rule, nudity is now toggled on/off in the settings menu, accessible in the same place as you toggle displaying graphical diseases
- The lifestyle/focus button is no longer visible on characters that cannot have a lifestyle set
- Kicking a player that is still inside the Ruler Designer will no longer block a multiplayer game from starting
- When you Ruler Design a character, you will no longer lose all non-De Jure vassals that ruler had
- Fixed not always having access to all hairstyles when Ruler Designing a character that is 18 years old or younger
- You now get less points from being extremely old when Ruler Designing a character
- Fixed the list of Faiths exceeding its limits when playing the game in a non-english language
- Criminal rulers no longer get a free pass on imprisoning without impunity
- Diplomacy perk modifiers are now added and subtracted properly (Sound Foundations and Friendly Counsel)
- Fixed losing Piety when imprisoning generic Criminals, now properly only applies when imprisoning your Head of Faith
- Fixed an issue with floating or sinking infant characters in the main menu, exorcism successful
- Fixed a memory leak in the GUI editor
- Fixed a memory leak for character portraits. This could have a significant effect in the Ruler Designer, and a lesser one during normal play
- Fixed achievements sometimes being shown as unavailable even though they were available

That's all for now! Have a great winter!

Don't suppose you have any idea when you're aiming to have dev diaries back? Hoping for first week of January but maybe thats just me being too optimistic for news of the first expansion! Hope you all have a great winter too though!

• 10Like
Reactions:
I reported an easy to fix bug on the 1st of September, 90 minutes after the game was launched and I added the fixed code (took me 5 min) into the bug report. The response on the 2nd September was that "We are aware of the issue, it has already been added to our bug database." Why isn't it fixed? It is literally takes 5 minutes and I included the fixed code:

I studied Northern-European history in uni and that's the main region where I play with different cultures. It's hard to be immersed if there's an easy to fix bug that practically makes a culture unplayable as the core part of that culture is just missing.

• 21Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
I reported an easy to fix bug on the 1st of September, 90 minutes after the game was launched and I added the fixed code (took me 5 min) into the bug report. The response on the 2nd September was that "We are aware of the issue, it has already been added to our bug database." Why isn't it fixed? It is literally takes 5 minutes and I included the fixed code:

I studied Northern-European history in uni and that's the main region where I play with different cultures. It's hard to be immersed if there's an easy to fix bug that practically makes a culture unplayable as the core part of that culture is just missing.

That it is not a bug, this is a history issue and there are many areas where it could be improved. 1.2 was for the ruler designer and to fix game issues, history will be always second to gameplay. Maybe 1.3 or 1.4 you will get it.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The response on the 2nd September was that "We are aware of the issue, it has already been added to our bug database." Why isn't it fixed? It is literally takes 5 minutes and I included the fixed code:
Because once you start fixing the small/easy/low priority issues you're opening the floodgates to a never ending waterfall. There is this analogy for life that involves a jar, rocks, marbles and sand that can also apply to bug fixing/project time boxing. First you do the critical and high priority issues (rocks), then the medium ones (marbles) and then the low ones (sand), if you start by doing the low priority issues first you'll keep going cause there will always be another, and another, and another.

• 5Like
Reactions:
That it is not a bug, this is a history issue and there are many areas where it could be improved. 1.2 was for the ruler designer and to fix game issues, history will be always second to gameplay. Maybe 1.3 or 1.4 you will get it.

What? If you open up the CK code then you see that it is a bug, an area has mistakenly been placed into a wrong geographical region.

From my bug report thread:
Hello es333!

We are aware of the issue, it has already been added to our bug database.
Thank you for your report!

• 3Like
Reactions:
Because once you start fixing the small/easy/low priority issues you're opening the floodgates to a never ending waterfall. There is this analogy for life that involves a jar, rocks, marbles and sand that can also apply to bug fixing/project time boxing. First you do the critical and high priority issues (rocks), then the medium ones (marbles) and then the low ones (sand), if you start by doing the low priority issues first you'll keep going cause there will always be another, and another, and another.

In CK2 most that issues were fixed by modders, but for now we have no major mods released yet
I think, It is important case

Reactions:

Interesting viewpoint. :)

As I know how to code on an acceptable level then I would fix different small bugs voluntarily from my free time as it's actually interesting. I think there are others in the community who share my mindset. The thing is that several small bugs are so obvious and easy to fix that you do not even have to be very familiar with CK to fix them.

• 3Like
Reactions:

Something being quick to fix does not justify its inclusion in a hotfix, as hotfixes require a high impact vs. risk ratio.
We're likely to fix it in 1.3, but not a hotfix.

• 7Like
Reactions:
Something being quick to fix does not justify its inclusion in a hotfix, as hotfixes require a high impact vs. risk ratio.
We're likely to fix it in 1.3, but not a hotfix.

I completely forgot that point, you're correct, that is a completely valid (and preferable) logic. I'm sorry for being too harsh.

• 23Like
  • 17Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Kinda wish it was hold control to raise split, rather than the other way around, but hopefully it'll just get completely reworked in the next full patch anyway. The raise split behavior seems very rarely desirable, and I'll forget to hold control some significant portion of the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: