• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings from all of us in the CK3 team!

The game is finally released, and what a journey it has been! It’s truly humbling to see something that we’ve worked on for so long, and poured so much of our passion into, finally out in the wild. We’re overjoyed with the response we’ve gotten so far, it’s great that so many of you seem to enjoy the game. The amount of stories and experiences already being shared is nothing but mind-boggling, and lots of them are circulating throughout the team, putting many smiles upon our faces (especially all the memes!). We in the team wish to extend a grand ‘thank you’ to all of you for making this launch so fantastic.

In the near future we’ll be looking at collecting and addressing as many of your issues as we can. The upcoming patch (release date TBD) is a mix of improvements that didn't make it into the release (including some really fancy UI upgrades!), and bug fixes based on your feedback. Patch notes will be posted closer in time to when the patch will be released. If you have an issue, make sure to report it here so that it’s sure to be looked at!

In the next few weeks there will be no Dev Diaries, as we’ll focus our efforts on working with the feedback we’re getting from all of you. When something of interest happens, we’ll of course be back! Until then, please keep enjoying the game, sharing your stories, and shaping the world to your liking!

What's wrong with it? o_O

I already posted a clear bug report on the problem, but you appear to enjoy the attention gained from re-asking answered questions on this forum or something.

What does that mean? Is it ilegal for gays to do mods?

No, but it's currently impossible to have same-sex marriages in game because of hardcoded limitations.

Reactions:
There needs to be a future patch where catholicism gets some survivability, usually in my 867 start religions in europe is a mess and even in 1066 heresies will always take over larger parts of territory.

Which bugs exactly? In my 36 hours of play as of now, I found only a few rare CTDs and it wasn't soo bad since for some reason it still managed to save beforehand. And a few inconveniences that are more bad game design rather than bugs, like the fervor mechanic. Granted, I've so far only played the Tutorial Island up until unifying Ireland and am now in the African campaign of Daura, so haven't touched much of Europe yet, next will be Poland probably.
I'm not saying you're wrong, I'm genuinely curious and I check the bug report forum pretty regularly.

The AI not building buildings makes the game unplayable in it's current state. There is no point in playing more than 50 years because you will simply steamroll any and all opposition as the AI sits there braindead without having built a single farm in any holding on the map, while you've got maxed out holdings in all your counties. Throw in the AI not using matrilinial marriages, the death of Catholicism because of fervor, the instant religion switch of crusader kingdoms/spanish reconquista areas.... yeah. And I'm not even touching on balance issues like the Scandinavians/Byzantines rolling over Europe, or the insane infidelity and intrigue problems, or the invincible MAA north korea strategies.

The game is relatively stable, and it has a great base to build off of, I'll give Paradox that. But the game is certainly very far from playable right now.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The AI not building buildings makes the game unplayable in it's current state. There is no point in playing more than 50 years because you will simply steamroll any and all opposition as the AI sits there braindead without having built a single farm in any holding on the map, while you've got maxed out holdings in all your counties. Throw in the AI not using matrilinial marriages, the death of Catholicism because of fervor, the instant religion switch of crusader kingdoms/spanish reconquista areas.... yeah. And I'm not even touching on balance issues like the Scandinavians/Byzantines rolling over Europe, or the insane infidelity and intrigue problems, or the invincible MAA north korea strategies.

The game is relatively stable, and it has a great base to build off of, I'll give Paradox that. But the game is certainly very far from playable right now.
And if you do play it and build any larger realm you will unfortunately suffer from PTND (Post-Traumatic Notification Disorder). :( The amount of notifications I get spammed with that I wish I could turn off is pretty high. I wonder what possessed them to not have message settings in the game. :(

Reactions:
Just nit picking but I don't really like it how I keep having to scroll down to transfer knights. Also it'd be nice if we could see the spouse in the family tree like CK2

Reactions:
This has probably been mentioned several times already, but the UI would improve a lot if there was a way to minimize windows, lock them into place, and just in general keep track of really important information without having to constantly dig back into menus (for example, if I want to keep tabs on how my councilors would vote on a succession law change at a quick glance without needing that particular window open all the time).

Reactions:
I'm a bit late on the congratulation. Got about 70+ hours already on this game, loving every minute of it so far.
One of the best games on release you've ever had. Nice UI, took all the best from CK2 and got rid of all the annoying parts of it.

Really good job on this one! :)

• 1Like
Reactions:
WOW !! i had CK2 but never really go in and understand how to play it and i abandon ! now i took CK3 and WOOOW !! AMAZING job guys ! thanks a lot for that !! you took CK2 and DLC and make it base game for CK3 in all the better way ! UI is amazing ! and i have tons of fun with this game !! it is totaly AMAZING !! i am totaly amazed by this game !! absolutely a school case of how to do well a new game !! not like CIV VI base game with less content than civ V + DLC / AMZING !! again : THANK YOU SO MUCH for your good work on this one !!

• 2Haha
Reactions:
Or like, even a timeline for WHEN we can expect a patch ? The game is riddled with bugs and imbalance, which are especially egregious when you play ironman and it's been a MONTH of complete SILENCE.

Or like, even a timeline for WHEN we can expect a patch ? The game is riddled with bugs and imbalance, which are especially egregious when you play ironman and it's been a MONTH of complete SILENCE.
Next week.

I finished my first game today, and all I can say is I am completely blown away by how good the performance is. Runs the exact same in 1453 as it does it 1066. Take note Stellaris and HOI4, this is the gold-standard you should be aiming for.

I finished my first game today, and all I can say is I am completely blown away by how good the performance is. Runs the exact same in 1453 as it does it 1066. Take note Stellaris and HOI4, this is the gold-standard you should be aiming for.
You've gotten lucky. My game is significantly slower toward the end, but then again I bred for Fecundity and adopted a faith with Carnal Exaltation that I spread through most of the world, so with everyone at +75% Fertility that might contribute a bit. :)

Nonetheless it runs a lot better than CK2. CK2 would probably have made my computer explode in a big fireball with this many characters, heh. :)

• 2Haha
Reactions: