• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Greetings from all of us in the CK3 team!

The game is finally released, and what a journey it has been! It’s truly humbling to see something that we’ve worked on for so long, and poured so much of our passion into, finally out in the wild. We’re overjoyed with the response we’ve gotten so far, it’s great that so many of you seem to enjoy the game. The amount of stories and experiences already being shared is nothing but mind-boggling, and lots of them are circulating throughout the team, putting many smiles upon our faces (especially all the memes!). We in the team wish to extend a grand ‘thank you’ to all of you for making this launch so fantastic.

In the near future we’ll be looking at collecting and addressing as many of your issues as we can. The upcoming patch (release date TBD) is a mix of improvements that didn't make it into the release (including some really fancy UI upgrades!), and bug fixes based on your feedback. Patch notes will be posted closer in time to when the patch will be released. If you have an issue, make sure to report it here so that it’s sure to be looked at!

In the next few weeks there will be no Dev Diaries, as we’ll focus our efforts on working with the feedback we’re getting from all of you. When something of interest happens, we’ll of course be back! Until then, please keep enjoying the game, sharing your stories, and shaping the world to your liking!

I am as aggravated by the lack of communication as anyone, but it's a bit out of touch to claim the launch was in any way a disaster. The game's got a 92% on Steam, a 91 on Metacritic, and it may very well be the bestselling PDS release to date. We happy few are, alas, but a handful of loud nerds on a forum.

I said it was disastrously buggy at launch (and is to this day, including but not limited to multiplayer connection issues, linux ... everything, the game sometimes not knowing who the popups are for or about, etc.), that in no way implies lots of people didn't have fun.

I'm not saying the game is bad (though the UI and stress system could certainly use some work). I'm saying the bugs are bad. And the communication.

(As for reviews, they are made by people who have a day or two to review a game before they move on to another title, they don't and can't put in the hours needed to have a really good idea on games of this scope. According to steam i've got 298.6 hours in at this point, and BOY have i seen some crazy bugs.)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I am as aggravated by the lack of communication as anyone, but it's a bit out of touch to claim the launch was in any way a disaster. The game's got a 92% on Steam, a 91 on Metacritic, and it may very well be the bestselling PDS release to date. We happy few are, alas, but a handful of loud nerds on a forum.

I agree with you. My concerns about the game are blalance issues, most of which I hope will be resolved. My disagreements with Pardox is also their lack of communication, & slowness in dealing with things. I don't know why they haven't done as before by releasing smaller patches which would at least solve a lot of the main issues, instead of waiting a month for a big patch.