CK3 Dev Diary #14 - The Diplomacy Lifestyle

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
[Friendly Counsel - Each Friend gives 2 random Skill points]

Are these bonus skill points award upon you taking the perk or them becoming your friend or either? Depending on the implementation (e.g. awarded upon taking the perk) it could be more mechanically useful to befriend your council, then take the perk instead of taking it the moment you can.

I won’t bother you with the boring technical details
*[Boring technical details: Turns out a destroyed title would still keep characters in line to inherit, which meant the game was trying to send notifications to the holder of the destroyed title to tell them that their heir had contracted a disease. Naturally it didn’t find any holder, since the title no longer existed, and started complaining instead.]

Any so-called "boring" technical details you wish to share, I would enjoy reading about.

Any so-called "boring" technical details you wish to share, I would enjoy reading about.
If I remember rightly it was just some very hidden deep buried function call forgetting to clear all of the things it was meant to to do, an incredibly easy fix once we actually knew what was going wrong, but it was that journey to find out what on earth broke which Petter heroically undertook and saved me from a severe headache of my failed debugging attempts :D

You're on the CK3 forums now. There's no one here to save you.

We see some weird antics all the time, some that are fun, and some where we have to analyze for potential issues. Just the other day we were all scratching our heads over how the one remaining Finnish pagan province in the world was in Northern Italy.

It's called a power fantasy for a reason.

Good thing we're hardly scientists over here :D

;);)
;);)
;);)
;);)
;);)

There's a soft cap in terms of how many friendships you can reasonably maintain without getting stressed out over it.

The Lifestyle Events are determined by your focus (and will be a large portion of the events that fire for a character), but a number of events will also be fired from other sources (such as Schemes) independently of your Lifestyle.

So if my lifestyle is set to the “Play Paradox games” focus, what type of events should I expect?