• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The preorder content is probably going to end up in the game about two years from now, as was the case with the HoI4 preorder DLC. The music came out almost three years after release to the day as part of the radio pack, and the battleships were integrated not long before that.

The reason Paradox make you wait three years is because they want to integrate it into the final game, but also want to incentivise preorders. If preorder bonuses are released too early, there's no incentive to preorder future Paradox games (and it benefits Paradox to sell preorders because money is more useful to a business the earlier it is received and there is less sensitivity to early reviews and press coverage).

Creative Assembly do not pursue this strategy (their preorder content is a free release DLC), but Paradox does, and it's likely to stay that way, possibly because the content is not enough to justify being a full DLC and the timed exclusivity raises the value of preorders.

Reactions:
Love ya'll!

If I had to pick one topic for a future dev diary it'd be something like:

-Which, if any, systems are you unhappy with and planning to fix/redo soon?
-Which bugs are the top of your priority list?

It'd be nice to know, for example, if the devs are pleased with the way fervor turned out, and we will have to look towards mods to improve it, or if they recognize its problems and are planning to improve it (or recognize its problems but do not feel improvements are worth devoting dev time to). Are regions with barebones history files considered a problem, or are they considered good enough? Is the behavior of the AI in crusades on the agenda for a fix, or is this what we should expect crusades to be like for the foreseeable future?

I know the comments section would quickly devolve into people arguing about why their pet issue is really the most important one, but it'd still be nice to know whether the things we're complaining about are things Paradox agrees are broken, or whether they feel the current state of affairs is fine.

• 10Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions:
If we don't have a Dev Diary, can we at least get a Dev Diary Diary, detailing what the process behind writing the next Dev Diary is like? Maybe an insight into what its topic will be, and what information it will give us?

I mean, we're less than a week to release, and we have heard nothing so far about this next Dev Diary! Not to mention there still hasn't been a patch to the last Dev Diary, and at this time, it remains litterally unreadable.

Paradox should really make an effort. Maybe there could be an Open Beta for the next Dev Diary, giving us access a week prior to the official release, so we can give early feedback, and hopefully contribute to making the next Dev Diary the best one it can be?

At the very least, can we expect the patch notes for next week's Dev Diary anytime before release, or is that too much to ask?

• 16Haha
Reactions:
Hope you guys enjoyed your vacations!

Reactions:
If we don't have a Dev Diary, can we at least get a Dev Diary Diary, detailing what the process behind writing the next Dev Diary is like? Maybe an insight into what its topic will be, and what information it will give us?
;) Dev Diary Diary Diary: How we decided what we were gonna tell people about how we made the Dev Diaries.

Hope you guys enjoyed your vacations!
Was a much needed rest, but we are back at it!

• 5Like
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Howdy all!

Since we had a long weekend over the Easter holiday, the team is hard at work on future updates and further content.

As such, there will be no Dev Diary today, but we will see you next week with some fun goodies and hopefully some things you all like.

In the meantime, get out there, live your history, and we will see y'all next week!

:)
thank you for posting this, communication is important. It's better to say "can't make it today" than to just vanish!

Reactions:
Ahh, yes. The Pre-Release Bonus! Was only available before launch, sadly.

Not sure if that will be released as a piece of downloadable content in the future, but can see no reason it would not be available at some point in the future.
+1 to calls for the Garments of the HRE to be made available as a downloadable DLC ASAP, please!

My partner and I have separate computers, with one being a bit less powerful than the other. I bought the game as a pre-order, and so got the Garments DLC; I then tried to download the game onto the less powerful PC (which my partner usually uses) to see if it would run OK. It did, so my partner got the game too (through their Steam account) - but after the pre-order period, so didn't receive the Garments DLC. We've unfortunately since had two ironman saves corrupted (on that less powerful PC) due to the "no Garments DLC" issue - which I managed to find a workaround for (by verifying all the files via Steam and then re-starting the PC) - but the issue would be most easily solved if my partner could also buy that DLC - or if everyone got it free as e.g. an anniversary gift? :)

• 2Like
  • 2Haha
Reactions: