CK3 - Community Choice Event Pack Poll

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Which Event Pack would you like to see implemented?

• Wards & Wardens

Votes: 4.193 41,5%
  • Love & Lust

Votes: 2.645 26,2%
  • Villains & Vagabonds

Votes: 3.255 32,3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I always offer my heirs as a ward to the most skillfull dudes. I never have anybody as a guard because most of the time you get stress if you want to give your ward good traits. Seeing others comments about my take makes me think maybe i am a bad parent lol.

I do the same thing, I want my children to actually be competent and have good stats, and since learning is basically the only thing that really determines that, I give them to the Court Tutor, or the person in my realm with the highest learning...because that's literally their job. The stress gains are ridiculous for these events and most of the options are things I never want to begin with. Besides that, you can only watch 2 kids at a time, if you have more than that, which you can't control, your gonna pass them off regardless.

The choice is typically pretty simple. Raise kids myself and they end up fairly useless due to terrible stats and I get to enjoy the same copy paste events with outcomes I typically universally dislike that blow up the stress meter, or I pass them off to someone smarter than me, and get a child who actually knows wtf their doing when they grow up...you know, just like real life when you send your kid to mandatory schooling everyday.

Reactions:
Thinking about the votes, I find it rather strange that so few peeps have voted at all, and even in the last couple of days the total ammount has scarcely shifted...

I would ve guessed that we would ve surpassed 10.000 votes days ago, but we havent...

Thinking about the votes, I find it rather strange that so few peeps have voted at all, and even in the last couple of days the total ammount has scarcely shifted...

I would ve guessed that we would ve surpassed 10.000 votes days ago, but we havent...

We're 23 votes away from 10 000 as I type this, which surprises me in the other direction. I'm surprised so many people logged in to participate in the vote.

Looks like the split between the 3 options hasn't really moved much, at least from day two to today (I didn't see this thread on day one, so not sure if the split differed in the very early voting.) When I've checkied in, it's been pretty much 40/25/35 all the way along, with V&V maybe slipping slightly over the past few days in favour of the other two. But no big swings, regardless, which seems to suggest the forum keeners (early voters) and the Steam great unwashed (later voters after the survey was posted there) didn't vary too much in their relative preferences.

Reactions:
^This.

All three of the mentioned themes still need expansion. This shouldn't be a poll about which of them gets made, but which of them gets made *first*

Yes.
Wards & Wardens looks like it will be the clear winner, so it is safe. Personally, I did vote for Love & Lust, just to show there was some *cough* love for it.

I want to go full Henry VIII on cheating spouses and their lovers. Scratch, that. I want the game to track why I am going full Henry VIII on cheating spouses and their lovers, and possibly why I'm disinheriting her children. If king or emperor then it's not just infidelity, it's treason. Make punishment going into the calculation of infidelity. It won't stop a Catherine Howard, and it wouldn't be fun if it did.

• 4Like
Reactions:
I do the same thing, I want my children to actually be competent and have good stats, and since learning is basically the only thing that really determines that, I give them to the Court Tutor, or the person in my realm with the highest learning...because that's literally their job. The stress gains are ridiculous for these events and most of the options are things I never want to begin with. Besides that, you can only watch 2 kids at a time, if you have more than that, which you can't control, your gonna pass them off regardless.

The choice is typically pretty simple. Raise kids myself and they end up fairly useless due to terrible stats and I get to enjoy the same copy paste events with outcomes I typically universally dislike that blow up the stress meter, or I pass them off to someone smarter than me, and get a child who actually knows wtf their doing when they grow up...you know, just like real life when you send your kid to mandatory schooling everyday.
I think you've misunderstood how child education works. Learning is the least important of the various factors (unless the child is getting a Learning education).

Most important is intellect trait (this includes both the congenital ones and Shrewd), second most important is the attribute of the education field (i.e., Stewardship for a Stewardship education), third most important is Learning. This applies both to child and tutor, i.e. a Genius trait on the child will give a huge boost, and same for it being on the tutor. This stacks. :)

Reactions:
I think you've misunderstood how child education works. Learning is the least important of the various factors (unless the child is getting a Learning education).

Most important is intellect trait (this includes both the congenital ones and Shrewd), second most important is the attribute of the education field (i.e., Stewardship for a Stewardship education), third most important is Learning. This applies both to child and tutor, i.e. a Genius trait on the child will give a huge boost, and same for it being on the tutor. This stacks. :)

Yeah, it's not intuitive, but as I understand it a Genius can teach a child anything, even things they're not themselves particularly good at. Next in importance is the warden's skill in the skill the child is being educated in. I'm not sure the Learning skill applies at all for the warden unless the child is being educated in Learning?

Yeah, it's not intuitive, but as I understand it a Genius can teach a child anything, even things they're not themselves particularly good at. Next in importance is the warden's skill in the skill the child is being educated in. I'm not sure the Learning skill applies at all for the warden unless the child is being educated in Learning?
It applies.

Reactions:

I'm sorry, but that's just not true for Court Tutors. It blatantly says in the tool tip that their qualification is increased based on Learning, and a bonus for Intelligence traits as well as Patience. I've tried what you are suggesting, and my children are dumb as rocks every time, so frankly, I don't know what your on about. Learning and Intelligence has consistently produced better results for my offspring in my 400 hours of play so far.

I do the same thing, I want my children to actually be competent and have good stats, and since learning is basically the only thing that really determines that
Correction:
1674810596473.png

Meaning in a Martial Focus
10 Martial + 20 Learning => 8
20 Martial + 10 Learning => 10

Also, The Genius line of traits is super valuable both in the ward as well as the guardian. The Wiki puts it quite well. If efficiency is what you care about most there is also a short guide on what to prioritise in there.

1. Love and Lust
2. Ward and Wardens
3. Villains & Vagabonds

I prefer 3 but Love and Lust is my first choice. Because we need more NTR and NSFW stuffs. And I don't like being tyrant. :D