CK3 and Stellaris offline for long on GeForce Now + related pre-order DLC problem

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The whole „handling“ of this has been a joke.
Still baffled Paradox is either too proud or too stubborn to apologize or even answer.

I guess reading the recent headlines I shouldn’t be too surprised.

tl;dr: yes, I’m still pissed

• 1Like
Reactions:
So, before the dark times of maintenance, the mods for the game would always download upon launching the game, but now the only way i can get them to download is by reloading them with the "clear cache" option ticked. And doing that, it removes the saves i played before, so i can't continue past playthroughs and can't start new ones because they'll get wiped whenever i open the game

Does anyone have a solution to this?

• 1Like
Reactions:
Yeah, i managed to make it work once and just once, where i played with mods and had my saves show up, but i haven't managed to replicate it after many many attemps

Is this an isolated case? Because i have not seen anyone other than me and @Arthrax mention it

Last edited:
Yeah, i managed to make it work once and just once, where i played with mods and had my saves show up, but i haven't managed to replicate it after many many attemps

Is this an isolated case? Because i have not seen anyone other than me and @Arthrax mention it
Ive got the same problems - and a few others too (see GFN-Forums and Reddit)

EDIT (and possible solution - maybe just for in my case though...): start Stellaris locally (im using a Mac); start a new campaign; fast forward 2-3 months; quit into menu; check if saved to cloud; delete save-game; start Stellaris in GFN; in launcher check the thing with "beta launcher"; close launcher (not GFN-session!); open Stellaris again (still in the GFN-session); uncheck "beta launcher" thing; close launcher; open launcher; click "Play"...

I don't have a single effing clue about how what and why but that worked for me every single time... hope it'll be fixed though - its a 20 step process to get back into a campaign.

Last edited:
Ive got the same problems - and a few others too (see GFN-Forums and Reddit)

EDIT (and possible solution - maybe just for in my case though...): start Stellaris locally (im using a Mac); start a new campaign; fast forward 2-3 months; quit into menu; check if saved to cloud; delete save-game; start Stellaris in GFN; in launcher check the thing with "beta launcher"; close launcher (not GFN-session!); open Stellaris again (still in the GFN-session); uncheck "beta launcher" thing; close launcher; open launcher; click "Play"...

I don't have a single effing clue about how what and why but that worked for me every single time... hope it'll be fixed though - its a 20 step process to get back into a campaign.
This seems like such a convoluted way to get it working, but i'll try on my windows. Will update as it progresses

Last edited:
the only thing I feel anymore when looking at this thread and waiting for things to go back to "normal" is tired. sure, they estimated a fix would be finished by october and so this is early. but it really feels like a half-fix

• 2Like
Reactions:
Oh they finally got around to it?
1631803930155.png

Cloud saves are deleted from the setup you're using, so you can't continue previous games

So, solution! (maybe?) If you uncheck "save to cloud" when doing manual saves you can load again in different day

Last edited:
Actually, I found a better solution that doesn't lose your saves:

Simply, when you're on launcher,
- open the Steam tab that is inside launcher
-go to any of your mods
-click Unsubscribe and then Subscribe (you only need to do it for one mod, not all)

This will relaunch the downloads of all mods and voila, fixed. No need to clear cache.

I've been able to get GFN t work with mods with this method the last couple days, works fine with saves and all.

Reactions: