• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

schwarherz

CKPlus Triumvirate
79 Badges
Jun 3, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Magicka
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • PDXCon 2017 Awards Winner
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
uw0aiI8.png
Short Version:
Just so long as you credit us, and don't just copy the entire mod, we don't care if you use things from CK2Plus. Just post what you're using from CK2Plus in this thread with a link to your mod and leave the authorship comments in whatever you use.

Long Version:
With the history of high tensions between mods on this forum jealously guarding their code, and our own interest in share-and-share-alike cooperation between modders, CK2Plus allows usage of any of our code by those who would like to. We only ask a few conditions:
1) Credit us for what you use.
2) Don't take too much of the mod (we'd like to retain some uniqueness, after all)
3) Post in this thread with what you're using with a link to the mod using it (please one post per mod, just edit it if you end up using more)
4) Don't remove the authorship comments
5) If you need graphical assets please PM me personally, not all of the graphical features of the Mod belong to us and I can point you to the right person to ask.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Project Augustus/Monotheism Rising (My mod will be going into MR eventually).

I'm using the following icons: crowned_by_pope, faction_court, faction_princely, decision_icon_loan, and decision_icon_charity.

You also gave me permission a while back to use any flags I wanted, but I've since forgotten what I took (That's assuming I even took any).

I've put the mod down twice in my credits section, once for the independence system and then again for graphics and flags.

EDIT: The crusades system I messaged you about. I'm technically not using your independence system any more because it was re-done, but I'll credit you for it anyway.

Last edited:
So long as there's nothing in the stuff you want that we ourselves had to ask permission for, you should be fine. The factions are probably okay, but tell us specifically what you're requesting and I can tell you whether or not it's good to use.

Hi,
May we (the developers for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King) use your system whereby tributaries can be continued over multiple rulers for our mod?
Would be much appreciated.

Ancient Religions is currently using:

- Sacred Band of Thebes
- Go Pagan decisions
- Updated Circle of Druids domestic religion interface
- Anubis and Horus Guard holy orders
- Rebuild Luxor decision
- Build a Pyramid decision.
- Various event pics related to above features.

May I use your Coptic graphical culture?

May we (the developers for Western Europe 479-867 - The Winter King) use your system whereby tributaries can be continued over multiple rulers for our mod?
I just read this, and I'm going to ask the same thing, for When the World Stopped Making Sense. Was going to do it, but if we can get permission to use your system we might as well do so. We will of course credit you.

Sure -- I wrote the tributary continuation system myself, so feel free to use it so long as Plus is credited.

Reactions:
As anybody closely following Plus or HIP knows at this point, EMF now uses the latest PlusFaction core code as of HIP's 2015-12-23 release. Cheers in particular to Rylock for all his work to help get it integrated into EMF and, most importantly, our joint efforts to improve PlusFaction-- it was no easy task. May our collaboration continue, hopefully bringing new, high-quality code to both of our mods.

Reactions:
bump (fell off sticky list)

I'm in the very early stages of designing an alternate history mod centered around the Roman Empire, and I am considering various options for the Religious set-up. Would it be too terribly much to ask if I copied just the unified Chalcedonian Religion, without any other elements of the Religion folder? The name of the mod is Novae Regnae (The New Realms), by the way.

I'm in the very early stages of designing an alternate history mod centered around the Roman Empire, and I am considering various options for the Religious set-up. Would it be too terribly much to ask if I copied just the unified Chalcedonian Religion, without any other elements of the Religion folder? The name of the mod is Novae Regnae (The New Realms), by the way.

not at all, but why though? the religion entry isn't what makes the chalcs special in any way. also, wouldn't nicean christianity be more appropriate for rome?

Didn't realize this thread was here and was asked to post

I did a standalone mod of the 4 factions, I didn't actually use the current code from CK2Plus instead it is taken from the version ported to EMF by Zijistark and Rylock with their permission as I was more familiar with EMF, though I imagine the bulk of it was originally done for CK2Plus.
forum link, workshop

Hmm, don't see Paradox employee here asking for permission? They just copied battle duel events too. Classy buncha fellas they are

Tbf we didn't make them either. Not originally anyways.

Hmm, don't see Paradox employee here asking for permission? They just copied battle duel events too. Classy buncha fellas they are

Technically they don't need to, in fact the CK2Plus team has no right to prevent someone from using their work in another mod. It's all covered in the terms of service. Effectively, all published mods are public domain.

Effectively, all published mods are public domain.

No... try to copy some mod and publish it as your own and see what happens.

Mods are specifically NOT public domain, with constraint that they should be here on a "private" forum. Only mods from before the modding rules are allowed to be hosted outside the forum/workshop e.g. AGOT.
In reality all mods are property of PDX.

The only way you could actually own mod content is if you make content separate from PDX, e.g. a book, story, whatever, and then base your mod on that. That's the only situation where PDX doesn't have content ownership. Again... e.g. AGOT.