• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
CK3 is fantastic and will soon enough be far superior to CK2. But you can tell its gonna be a year or more of buying DLC before its worth it to make the switch.

One year? Doubt so. CK3 hit corporate jackpot. Look at the 92% approval rating on Steam.

And all for what? What, really, did CK3 do better than CK2? We know there are graphical upgrades, more stability, but mechanics wise there isn't much new. What is new can modded into CK2 and surely the players know that too.

No, I believe the new Stress system is the biggest difference. It can't be modded into CK2, and roleplay wise it's a very big deal. So much so that 92% of buyers are willing to give up 8 years of DLC just to have it. I mean, look at all the modders over at CK3 working overtime to cover what Paradox did in 8 years. They're desperately trying to make CK3 an actual history simulator because at the moment it simply isn't one.

If I am Paradox, I will take my time and sell the same DLCs back to you. Slowly. One at a time. Over the next 8 years. LOL

• 1Like
Reactions:
Not a modder, but I'm pretty sure the amazing hook system (or just knowing what some criminal did to make him a criminal) is impossible in CK2.
To the CK2+ team: Patiently awaiting the mod, keep up the good work. Please finish the CK2 version before going on to make one for CK3. It will also mean the code and scripts of CK3 will be more consolidated when really you start working on it. But again, I'm not a modder and have no idea :)

What is going on with the Revoke Titles function? I am the despot of Serbia and I just defeated an uprising. 7 counts and dukes are in my prisons and yet 6 out of 7 simply do not let me revoke their titles. It says "Crown authority of Despostate of Serbia does not allow title revocation." But I was able to revoke ONE of my count's titles. I am so confused. Why is it like this? It makes no sense.
If this is a bad place to ask, please direct me to a proper place.

What is going on with the Revoke Titles function? I am the despot of Serbia and I just defeated an uprising. 7 counts and dukes are in my prisons and yet 6 out of 7 simply do not let me revoke their titles. It says "Crown authority of Despostate of Serbia does not allow title revocation." But I was able to revoke ONE of my count's titles. I am so confused. Why is it like this? It makes no sense.
Are you a vassal under the Byzantine Empire? I've had a bug report about that recently that I haven't been able to look into yet.

Are you a vassal under the Byzantine Empire?
Not that I am aware of. Though for some reason they allow me to vote in their elections. Though I think that's just because I owned some baronies in their empire or maybe it's because I own Constantinople.
Recently I destroyed the Byzantines (despite my disloyal dukes I can't get rid of) so I can't be a vassal anymore. Yet I still can't revoke titled.
Also, I ragequit an earlier game where I was the Byzantine Emperor (working my way up from a count if that's relevant) and I couldn't revoke anyone's title then either.

I just don't understand what the problem is.

If I'm reading this correctly, isn't this just a case of Serbia not having the title revoke law, but that one count isn't de jure part of Serbia?

Not that I am aware of. Though for some reason they allow me to vote in their elections. Though I think that's just because I owned some baronies in their empire or maybe it's because I own Constantinople.
Recently I destroyed the Byzantines (despite my disloyal dukes I can't get rid of) so I can't be a vassal anymore. Yet I still can't revoke titled.
Also, I ragequit an earlier game where I was the Byzantine Emperor (working my way up from a count if that's relevant) and I couldn't revoke anyone's title then either.

I just don't understand what the problem is.

Do you have Conclave enabled?

And all for what? What, really, did CK3 do better than CK2?

Hooks, Stress, the new Lifestyle Trees/Perks, Men-At-Arms, Innovation, the freedom to create a new religion from the ground up, Religious Tenets, so on and so forth, and all the aforementioned Graphics and Stability, nevermind having a few systems that are often jury-rigged in mods in as actual mechanics from the ground up (sexuality, levels of fame/devotion, feudal contracts, etc.).

That's not to say that I don't agree with the sentiment - I think a lot of the goodwill CKIII has gotten is just from being the first smooth PDX game launch since EU4, this especially coming on the heels of the disappointment that was I:R, as well as HOI4 and Stellaris' recent dlc, and overall being relatively equitable to CKII in content without loosing too much in transition. If anything I'd say that some of the new mechanics might be for the worse in implementation - stress and making your own religion are supposed to be ways to help regulate some of the crazier stuff that people liked to boast about doing in CKII, but they've ended up just cementing the reputation of the series as a medieval-themed incestuous satanic murderhobo sim instead of a semi-serious dynasty sim with a heavy focus on rping as an actual ruler. Nevermind the marketing catering to that section of the playerbase.

And while I don't think they're going to be selling a 1:1 copy of the same dlcs over again (for starters a WoL type dlc is already off the table, unless if they're going to do a content pack with a bunch of events for lifestyles), I do feel sorry for the modders scrambling to get in on the ground floor of CKIII, since their work is likely going to go the way that CKII+ did after Holy Fury.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Just in case anyone thinks we've been sitting idle this whole time, I thought I'd share a little snippet of the last couple of days work:
Screenshot 2020-10-14 234041.jpg

• 10Like
Reactions:
I thought you were working on CK3. What has happeend to that, or has that been abandoned as heard nothing for weeks.
We're mostly waiting for Paradox's development of CK3 to slow down a little bit so that our own update cycle won't be so short. As I said in the CK3Plus announcement thread, we're doing both. But right now, CK2Plus has priority since we have complete mechanics for it that just need to be updated and modernized.

Also: CK3 completely changed all of the syntax in regards to modding so it's a bit of an adjustment and some bits we rely on (e.g. replace_path) weren't working yet last time I looked.

• 3Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Is mod dead? What mod should I use since CK2+ is not up to date?

It's not dead, if you read a few posts above your original one you can see the mod lead sharing progress. HIP has apparently been up to date, but I haven't really played it so I can't say how it compares to CK2+.

That is from October.

Yes, they're taking ungodly long, that doesn't mean the mod is dead. Three months doesn't seem much when put against the total time it's been since the last update.

Status
Not open for further replies.