• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Kingdom of Wallachia currently has no Holy War weights attached to it. At the very least, it should be a priority target for Reformed Slavic, as it contains a Slavic holy site. Possibly add some weight for Reformed Tengri as well, as Tengri has some Holy War weight assigned to Bulgaria and Hungary, and Wallachia is sandwiched between those two and Tengri lands.

EDIT: Also, Bavaria doesn't have any weight for Germanic Holy Wars, despite holding a Germanic holy site. In addition, Wales doesn't have any Holy War weights for Germanic or Norse, but the rest of the British Isles do. Nikaea also lacks Holy War weights for Hellenic, despite holding a Hellenic holy site. Algiers lacks Holy War weights for West African, but holds a West African holy site. Same with Livonia for Finnic, Baluchistan for Zunist and Zoroastrian, Armenia and Crimea for Judaism, and Syria and Nikaea for Kemetic.

Last edited:
Reactions:
I guess there is a bug when going to a Pilgrim as a christian ruler. During this event when I will chose option no. 4 I will receive Charitable trait.
The first option gives no results.
Screenshot attached.

Bez tytułu.png

I guess there is a bug when going to a Pilgrim as a christian ruler. During this event when I will chose option no. 4 I will receive Charitable trait.
The first option gives no results.
Screenshot attached.

View attachment 200995

in this event, they already have a purse of money, but they feel it would be better protected with you. That's why the first option does nothing. I could have it add some piety though...

the fourth option removes charitable if you alredy have it. i don't see how you could gain charitable, looking at the code.

In my game as Byzantine Emperor, my tribal vassals become to theocracies, republics and feudal (not imperial) goverment when they make the decision to convert to feudalism

I'm currently playing as an Irish duke (tribal). It seems that anyone that I can declare war against is my tributary, according to the game. Looking at the tooltip for the declare war option, it says something like declaring war on a tributary is a severe breach of trust, or something. Even winning these wars carries pretty big prestige penalties, and pressing a claim for my courtiers means they will be independent, rather than my vassal.

What gives? I don't have any tributaries, and didn't even know such a thing existed in this game. They don't show up as tributaries on my pacts menu, or anywhere else for that matter. Is this some kind of bug, or am I missing something?

I'm currently playing as an Irish duke (tribal). It seems that anyone that I can declare war against is my tributary, according to the game. Looking at the tooltip for the declare war option, it says something like declaring war on a tributary is a severe breach of trust, or something. Even winning these wars carries pretty big prestige penalties, and pressing a claim for my courtiers means they will be independent, rather than my vassal.

What gives? I don't have any tributaries, and didn't even know such a thing existed in this game. They don't show up as tributaries on my pacts menu, or anywhere else for that matter. Is this some kind of bug, or am I missing something?
I also have the bug where any war declaration screen has the "attacking a tributary is a breach of trust" text, but there's no penalty listed (nor is there one in actuality). Tributaries only exist with Horse Lords, which I don't have and it doesn't look like you have either, so that may be the cause of the bug.

Pressing claims for unlanded courtiers making them independent is not related to this, and is also true in vanilla.

In my game as Byzantine Emperor, my tribal vassals become to theocracies, republics and feudal (not imperial) goverment when they make the decision to convert to feudalism

they're not supposed to go to imperial by themselves.

that sounds like you have a broken install.

EDIT: I think it always says that. Unless they're listed as your tributaries under your character, then they're not your tributaries.

One last report of missing Holy War weights. In the Charlemagne start, the Kingdom of Saxony lacks any Holy War weight. At the very least, it should be a target for Norse and Germanic, both of which have a holy site there. Other religions that have some weight assigned to Germany, and thus at least warrant consideration for Holy War weight in Saxony, include Catholicism, Slavic, and Baltic. The "Grand Duchy" King-tier titles of the HRE also lack in Holy War weight. All of them should probably be targets for Catholicism and Germanic (Franconia and Swabia are already included for Catholicism), Saxony at minimum should be a target for Norse, and Brandenburg at minimum should be a target for Slavic, though anything beyond that for Norse or Slavic is questionable, and the only argument for Baltic getting weight in any locations there at all is that it has some weight for Germany and Provincia Germania (and even then only a weight of 1).

Also, some potential oversights for Roman Provinces. Based on Holy War weights for other kingdoms, Chalcedon should get weight in the Provinces of Viennensis, Syria-Palestinia, Gallia, Thracia, Macedonia, Asia, Aegyptus, Pontus, and Hispania, Muslims in general should get the Provinces of Pontus and Hispania, and Shiites specifically might get Provincia Roma (Sicily is a target for them).

Finally, if Nikaea is added to Hellenic and/or Kemetic as I suggested previously, Provincia Asia should also be included, and if Provincia Dacia and/or Provincia Armenia are added to the game, they'll need weights assigned to them, depending on the territory they cover.

One last thing, this time a question related to the above: is there a purpose to Orthodoxy having Holy War weight at all? Is the Ecumenical Patriarch able to call Crusades now? Or is that just a relic of vanilla that was never removed?

One last report of missing Holy War weights. In the Charlemagne start, the Kingdom of Saxony lacks any Holy War weight. At the very least, it should be a target for Norse and Germanic, both of which have a holy site there. Other religions that have some weight assigned to Germany, and thus at least warrant consideration for Holy War weight in Saxony, include Catholicism, Slavic, and Baltic. The "Grand Duchy" King-tier titles of the HRE also lack in Holy War weight. All of them should probably be targets for Catholicism and Germanic (Franconia and Swabia are already included for Catholicism), Saxony at minimum should be a target for Norse, and Brandenburg at minimum should be a target for Slavic, though anything beyond that for Norse or Slavic is questionable, and the only argument for Baltic getting weight in any locations there at all is that it has some weight for Germany and Provincia Germania (and even then only a weight of 1).

Also, some potential oversights for Roman Provinces. Based on Holy War weights for other kingdoms, Chalcedon should get weight in the Provinces of Viennensis, Syria-Palestinia, Gallia, Thracia, Macedonia, Asia, Aegyptus, Pontus, and Hispania, Muslims in general should get the Provinces of Pontus and Hispania, and Shiites specifically might get Provincia Roma (Sicily is a target for them).

Finally, if Nikaea is added to Hellenic and/or Kemetic as I suggested previously, Provincia Asia should also be included, and if Provincia Dacia and/or Provincia Armenia are added to the game, they'll need weights assigned to them, depending on the territory they cover.

One last thing, this time a question related to the above: is there a purpose to Orthodoxy having Holy War weight at all? Is the Ecumenical Patriarch able to call Crusades now? Or is that just a relic of vanilla that was never removed?

I'll implement it. if it makes sense. I'll know once I look at the files.

I think the weights may apply for ordinary holy wars, but I'm not sure.

When I had a female ruler inherit, my "Seer" became a "Seeress".

seeress.png

Note that that's a male character there, and I've definitely had female seers (who were called as such) when I had male rulers. So it seems like it's using the ruler's gender instead of the councillor's. (I went and checked some of my vassals too and indeed, the men had a "Seer" and the women had a "Seeress".)

Personally I never thought the word "seer" was gendered anyway...

Reactions:
When I had a female ruler inherit, my "Seer" became a "Seeress".

View attachment 201303

Note that that's a male character there, and I've definitely had female seers (who were called as such) when I had male rulers. So it seems like it's using the ruler's gender instead of the councillor's. (I went and checked some of my vassals too and indeed, the men had a "Seer" and the women had a "Seeress".)

Personally I never thought the word "seer" was gendered anyway...

Good catch!

EDIT: This seems to be a vanilla problem, I can't fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Hello! I don't know that it is right location for this problem.
In the net club that I belong to, this is one of our most popular mods for CK2
But, they have found some problem in this mod.

First, in "common/laws/zz_CK2Plus_demesne_laws.txt" file,
"kingdom_lockout_0" don't have "revoke_law = kingdom_lockout_1", so when they change the law from "All" to "Kings", there are two clicked buttons like the picture.
upload_2016-8-22_22-46-14.png

Second, in "common/retinue_subunits/00_retinue_subunits" file,
"RETTYPE_CUL_Bd1", "RETTYPE_CUL_Bd2", and "RETTYPE_CUL_Bd3" units' "potential" ask who have two culture at once, bedouin_arabic and beja. So, a charater, bedouin_arabic or beja culture, don't have any retinues.

Thank you very much for making and upgrading this great Mod!

Attachments

• upload_2016-8-22_23-18-5.png
    upload_2016-8-22_23-18-5.png
    739,2 KB · Views: 6
A bug report and a resolution. I had the weird checksum problem as well. Both 4.04.6 and 4.04.7 gave me incorrect checksums after I installed them. I tried reinstalling the mod, I tried clearing the mod folder, I tried reinstalling CK2, no avail. Then I noticed that other mods had reappeared as if from nowhere. I got rid of them, they kept reappearing. I had forgotten that subscribing to mods on Steam reinstalls them if they're deleted. So I unsubscribed, cleared out the mod folder - again - before reinstalling CK2 Plus, and that time it worked perfectly with the correct checksums.

I put this here in the hope that it might be helpful to someone else; I've seen the checksum problem mentioned a few times.

Status
Not open for further replies.