• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Make sure you've got the latest versions of the mod Gantolandon and Veniathan, the latest version seems to fix those two issues that I used to have in older versions of the mod. Also, I'm using CV's latest fixes and the Portrait Realignment pack and old saves and everything works fine so far.

I double-checked and it seems I use the latest versions of both CV's Fixes and CK2+. Unless there are newer versions than the ones submitted in this thread.

The event is a missing localization. The pagan CoAs should be fixed with my mod, but there could be a file missing or outdated somewhere. If you are using steam, try verifying your game files.

I dont know what Gantolandon is and I'm not using it at all

As for Portrait Realignment pack. Sure Ill download it

I was referring to the poster just before yours Veniathan. Sorry for the confusion. As for the Portrait Realignment Pack, I can't play the game without it now as it 'fixes' the dlc portraits in my eyes.

Just to get it out of the way (as said on the VIET thread, though I'll just post this here to make sure, I'm perfectly happy to let you guys borrow parts of, or even the entirety of VIET, as necessary (though probably you won't get to the entirety of VIET anyways as there's overlap with what VIET and CK2+ do in some areas). Credit would be appreciated, of course, if this is ever released.
You are a man after my own heart! Thank you for this. We most certainly will port at least a good portion of VIET into the mod now that we have your permission, though the extent of which we do so should be up to our community here. I am a fan of your work and very much appreciate your mod packs.

Hey guys.

Great idea with making github repo for the mod, full props for that. I would like to raise a few issues with the way it's currently going, though.

As I understand it , no one really wants to take full control of the project as of right now, if I'm wrong on that, then sorry, disregard all the following stuff. I've already seen some feature changes committed to the master branch, and it begs the question, who is to decide what goes into the mod. Please note that it is not a critique of recent changes pushed to the repo, but letting everyone who has push access to the repo change features on a whim isn't really a sustainable way of doing things. Making every little change a separate module is even worse. The way I see it, there should some sort authority on general mod direction. Preferably, a single person, but a council of sorts would work too. I think it would be really great if Wiz could remain as a sort of mastermind behind the mod, vetoing new features and generally keeping the vision, but there's a little chance of that, if I understand him correctly.

I understand that it is an obvious statement but I don't think it has been discussed previously, and I saw so many great initiatives failing due to lack of leadership that I am a little bit afraid for my most favourite mod.
Think of us as a Triumvirate at the moment. Schwarherz has taken on long-term responsibility for leadership. I have assumed the role of the pushy pro-consul. Wiz is being forced into the role of observing advisor whether he wants to be around for it or not (think of him in a Bill Gates position). :p We are joined by Zeress and Chatnoir17 in a private Skype Group Conversation. When we do things so far it is discussed as a group, or at least between myself and Schwarherz. We don't want to do anything that is "beyond the pale" or drastically different from the vision of Wiz. He is in the perfect place to speak up if he sees something he does not like with his project. As I hinted to above, we don't want to do things that the community is not going to appreciate. Our goal is not to use this as a springboard for our own devises, but to keep this community alive and continually improving. Part of that includes finally merging certain mods that flow with the design philosophy of CK2plus, as Wiz has not had much free time to dedicate to the mod beyond patch updates.

When 2.02.0 (or whatever version number we release as) goes official we will start a new official thread and have Wiz post a link to it here.

Are you interested in joining us? Did you have desires for leadership? What skills do you have?

You'd think a group of people who've poured hundreds of hours preparing for intrigue-riddled empire-wide succession crises would have an easier time replacing a leader.
We have had an easy time of it. It is just that not many people are very convinced Schwarherz has committed himself beyond those of us in the development team. :D When you see us release 2.02.0 as a 1.11 compatible mod in a new thread I hope that the community will regain their confidence.

Last edited:
You are a man after my own heart! Thank you for this. We most certainly will port at least a good portion of VIET into the mod now that we have your permission, though the extent of which we do so should be up to our community here. I am a fan of your work and very much appreciate your mod packs.

No problem. I'll send you a PM shortly about MZ and other matters.

Schwarherz and James_Manring,
I am currently working on updating some name links. I am mostly working on newer cultures that have few or no links in their names. I am trying to be conservative and work only where I am fairly certain of the name conversions. When I get a bit further I will post V2 of my fixes and additions. I will probably continue to mod CK2+ freelance, but feel free to send me a PM if there is something you want to me to look at/work on.

How are updates to CK2+ going to be posted now that wiz is gone, seeing as he made this thread? Will there be a new thread? And now that this mod is collaborative, are the updates going to be in pieces? Or will you have one base ck2+ with little sub-mod addendums made by individual modders?

How are updates to CK2+ going to be posted now that wiz is gone, seeing as he made this thread? Will there be a new thread? And now that this mod is collaborative, are the updates going to be in pieces? Or will you have one base ck2+ with little sub-mod addendums made by individual modders?
We will start a new official thread and have Wiz post a link to it here.

Just got the Mod. Looks great but my start date is at 1066. Is this not supposed to start at 867? Or am I just doing something wrong?
You are doing nothing wrong. If you look at CK2Plus/common/defines.txt you will see what the default start date is. This has been updated internally and you can expect it to be correctly set at the first start date in the next release.

Just got the Mod. Looks great but my start date is at 1066. Is this not supposed to start at 867? Or am I just doing something wrong?

867 only exists as a Bookmark as you wont be able to progress to any date between 867-1066 due to missing history files for dynasties, landed titles and such. So if you want to start at 867, you have to select the 867 bookmark and start from there or start from 1066 (where you can advance the time).

I would like to say that the "fixes" for my CoA problems did not fix anything.

The pagan Coat of Arms for houses looks as bad as ever, broken, all over the place, wrong ratio etc. I have noooo idea why

Hey guys,

Congrats for that wonderful mod, it's was a pleasure to try it.
I might need some extra information to chose a good strategy in my game.

Could you please post the formula that computes the demesne size ?

When I came out here a week or two ago to get the latest CK2+ version it took nearly 2 hours worth of poring through the forums to figure out what I should be using. Eventually I found some links to the files by reading info from the "Better Armies" sub-mod because he talked about needing CK2+ patches.

I understand you have a bunch of 6+ month projects or whatever and you want to have a complete mod before release, but users won't wait that long. An authoritative thread with First Post that has the most current release, even if it's just the most current CK2+ base and a patch file, something. I was going to download Wiz's final zip file but I'm not sure if it's compatible with CV's Fixes 2.01.2 v5 I've got and I'm not clear if CV's has been updated to v6 or if it's even relevant? There are hundreds of pages here and my first go through I downloaded v4 incorrectly because I didn't even know v5 existed.

- With v5 and 2.01.2 the Seljuks never move or do anything, they just sit there with the attrition-free 85,000 man doomstack.
- If you make the county of Alexandria your Kingdom capital, the CoA Kingdom flag hovers over the county of Gabiyaha next door instead of your own county

Status
Not open for further replies.