• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Westerlands: Minor Events: Three Dogs’ Night

Minor Events​

Three Dogs’ Night​

After the fall of the Mountain, his brother, Ser Sandor, became the Lord of Fang Tower. At that time he was serving as a personal bodyguard to Lord Paramount Tyrion of House Lannister and was present on the trials of both the Old Lion and the Mountain (the latter made him both very happy but at the same time very bitter, although it is rumoured that the Mountain was barely but alive after the trial and his brother was the one to end his life for good afterwards). While staying at the Red Keep, Ser Sandor met the personal bodyguard of the Queen (the one that was not wearing a white cloak), a former slave and a pit-fighter from Meereen, Lady Barsena. Violent people both, they quickly formed a friendship that grew into intimacy. And after the Mountain’s fall now Lord Sandor was free to do whatever, so he married his blackhaired paramour and they proceeded to have four sons and two daughters together.

The fate finally caught up with Lord Sandor in the year 338AC as he perished at the age of seven-and-sixty while getting his people out of the fire that erupted in the castle’s kitchens. His beloved wife followed him four years later.

2_XXeABIjsJUArFpTq_zlnRkfonTt0KrVYX5glNhBmW0kIE0_WHFmgCU3-iQ0nfs97y7iZ35hPO-XE2NLp0zay0aveMYExJs-sYcBqS02Ojjjle9PI03hEjFQvzcZX4LtDvZWWYA

One of their daughters, the kind Lady Amarei, married Lord Raynald of House Swyft, the Lord of Cornfield. They had a son, future Lord Humfrey of Cornfield, and four daughters (all married and with issue).

m82hfUwb1RtL9yu31JhgozPCE6sErTtvaUknvWx7d7VaHCGydnSJavSWddGeQ5YsRq2m2IA7JdK_c7pl7EwcGoOg7XDpt18_8kiaaSFaX6YBe2GHdJ3kWPacpDoURKNU_UKK5rqg

Lord Sandor’s other daughter, Lady Parena, was not so lucky in marriage, She was married twice. Her first husband, Ser Harwyn of House Broom. was the heir apparent to the Lordship of Oxcross, but he unfortunately was taken by the tumour at the age of only one-and-thirty. Their son, Lord Tyrion, became Lord of Oxcross but died under very suspicious circumstances and the age of just seven-and-ten. Lady Parena’s second husband, coincidentally named Lord Sandor of House Charlton in the Riverlands, was also a widower and with children from his first wife. Nevertheless they had two daughters and a son together, although after the death of Lord Sandor (Charlton) at the age of just six-and-forty the Lordship of Mistlewood went to his son from his first marriage.

UtxNvO6g_bWvComLuInpQw1UAbU00WDJBI9j5cqa1kabuV8vYFQOgKakYPVjk_kg_NkoLuxMovJQiOBWTMjVKc6d77shdx6mUe5lg5MX6Th2Pg1HTBplnEyl3kZQrrrYonDuy1aj

Lord Sandor’s (Clegane) second son, the strong Ser Walder, married for love. His wife was a lowborn woman named Amarya.

UFIFDeUnwT39Ea_yZa7DK9rqZ_oPDogKygCoyjvbyyo8UFzmueCq7ryxKy3CQ5-kKAJKBZpFhWfMdAM3LNCX_c_nDt_5nooAAu0sMuiz7OBitjAElqtJxy5s22W0L5bm_t5t3TAe

The marriage of Lady Cerissa, Ser Walder’s only daughter, is already discussed earlier in this chapter (see Ser Symon Pouncalot).

Lord Sandor’s third son, Ser Jon, also married for love. His wife was Rosalind of Fieldsview, daughter of a hedge knight in the service of Ser Jon’s father.

saKonVqFC8o_9mpwP6yqip4xFD08AC_6cjB65UW0_FO67Jb1sWeDWkVj5W92_tpAGcoRom4lP9bavUYB6z9XvQ7l88DGEjNNKPHEjGYtcQRFpe78cd8ToQpvSAJK08GUWQtCclKf

They had a son that they named after his grandsire. Ser Sandor the younger married Lady Jonara of House Roote, granddaughter of the Usurper through his bastard daughter Lady Bella Stonebell.

e3FRvRoT-xDD6u6aPRvEmM5S7r30osS7FWL9Hn34YAHDZzk5huLkB51J9D3ebkRQdovHsojhws0fuhkdNY8tk1IA7U9lmplDPPU8oElsTl9PW0QAf5P_HqS0lBWCx5FCV2PPZ4We

Their son, Ser Tommard, also married a commoner, but the poor woman died while carrying their second child. Ser Tommard remains unmarried.

KZ36-2T_8VgRD7jGn2c5ySOic1zqKdxAAHPBXauLVMVddks9Ov_mpzE4uIO4WwnQqgAWcKvBOMWtkA03B2Et2xpS2PNxWxVGEXGxLHYOMrw3vwVIDWpfIxyGH5cO2vDHeOKtW5_f

His sister, Lady Melissa, married into House Westford. This marriage yet remains childless.

JoA79cwnf1JSwfJe74-yGyeg62g3A4RT4F5wbT1Bh6pOnRJH2qTPd4uVfSnuv9650rONowxWb_WEeRIml6TRxtsJqYxRUimMkvZk-tlW9N3L7OM0gIEJ1V2L7oZyPlUG7kMF_bbM

Lord Sandor’s last son, Ser Garth, chose to abandon his family name so another one would live on. He married Lady Falyse of House Vikary, the sister of the barren Lady Janei of Goldengrass Hills, and agreed that all the children would be of their mother’s House. They managed to produce two living children, a daughter (married, with issue) and a son, Ser Donnel of House Vikary, the heir to the Lordship of the Goldengrass Hills.

sP0ZTSOYu3DFQdwmBenUHG6D-IqwPIX1rAatQ5zQw9JeSGjAgB0Yh-3v3Qpw4TziNAUoxU2BLmYz4A9vDEcwbs3xfNYrnITNSPOe-xyQwXlP4X6FUeR9lE4KwmSsm4i9Muj73XmS

Lord Sandor’s brilliant firstborn, Lord Willam, succeeded him in the year 338AC. He, as his two other brothers, was married to a lowborn. The union resulted in two sons and two daughters.

rtmT2HzMh6fZ_a6cVVDED4MD2kTnCuGIpNJF_FTD6PtFIuyr8HmcpKLVlnsgKI5tbO90YZUg-5nWcLaaNLTR55IdhAQy57rrEb2QzKeqIBubUWDyPBIr-AqUMQbl5m_P_0YuCjcI

Their oldest daughter, Lady Sherei, married the youngest son of Lord Paramount Tyrion. Their marriage was already covered in this chapter.

96VSl6jgqSqZlngTotbUOZUcG95ajUWz2C2eZSyIhVf4euZ38hjjM9ZR6bZWpnF6cAiCqGhGDJ0juhCb_12GXUJY8pHiEcPGB2c_piPR6gEcjveoWEe1Uuo1yk7EdULjdHRMqfk6

The youngest daughter, the Golden Hound Lady Corianne, married into House Westford. Her daughters are married into houses Kingslayer and Crakehall.

1-gJWA40F08guF99NYP7Eql9B9pCdqcQHY-X5H9WigwfVEMfLTpXHzPbJ0vfp0zg-P6Elcyv1Ur7xXv8LT9fy26R1njuaFEou22IO5U-Bm3x2o4t2UH09b2FQOzkulLmAt2YGMmt

Lord Willam’s second son, Ser Maynard, was first married to Lady Jeona of House Stackhouse from the Reach. After her suspiciously early death at the age of just three-and-thirty, Ser Maynard went mad and is still not recovered, although he remarried to Lady Celyria of House Westford and managed to have a son with her.

2h7HM2FUgc7_34Gu3Loe3nZzpO0vsI8DOcjYlyfVBBKS02jrGKXh3HtjVMgI_BmL0W-9mdKEdcxWI_Dl0AaHIIo-9k56QsxSPbYY2n349Gv1nWxac2sI45DMxetU1E_sF-UYZFTS

His daughter, Lady Rohanne, married Lord of Branstone, a Riverlander on the Westerlands-Riverlands border. They have a son and two daughters. A strong and skilled opponent, Lady Rohanne serves as her husband’s master-at-arms.

RROP1-ZknnuZfLnpOyXNPEYaYaKPEADi_WvTA8G8lKW3-cbc7VOF0zbJf8SH_nGA6YN628SOk-may4kmOJnOmxuAa-5gaigXrgbirnOzcqFBN31HVeaowvG2Pll9VEGXPMkHS-c-

Her brother, Ilyn, is married to Margon of House Prester. Poor girl lost her mind after witnessing her beloved father’s gruesome execution. The pair's only son is afraid of his own mother, and his father is rumoured to be equally terrified of her as well.

8C16S9lCPKzj9RtHCg6QnocwttJyVN0280kpwKXFg_Od5wov9sbAKVnjZ9g_nr6nnslUgR8_ZQWD2kGjD6zQuyXB7rRll5UZp6swwVlUMHDY-PDpTzIgkOgKVHMfht2bsjqv0zAw

Lord Willam’s first son, Lord Tyrion, succeeded his father in the year 344AC. He was married to Lady Rohanne of House Crakehall.

yuQTucKOHlL3yPFCwqYirGX640IOadB8yZfquyGurqNxOsOzHrQypNUnC_I7BpTvv4kRNMLAlNATrQrG7U77gm-0LvSz3lUgrMwjqPNY09QS27FkOSe-JjqENenGfF4SDj6cRo2V

Their first daughter married Ser Alyn of House Hogg, a legitimised second-born son of the late Lord of Sow’s Horn in the Crownlands.

owtep6mnJ36SsMVe7y4XKPaTdX5UAdpv7UGRLR7njiwhOGXu5N_OzjoLxYJ-xH07cb1JK2ufXEqA05frInLQhQXqRaBhM6ear4VNkJThI2Qqhu9fCnraYfbyYm71xQq7DL3gAc3l

The second daughter is married to a knight from House Blount in the Stormlands.

G0WIThfgzQ_odjaqar-6X6RhrATd652v8jW3dNg4RfzvZIHFJMnNPoeVjMP7hy57fTS_uhWLJAq6DDc0wJTh9n6_1iAiE2U5j7p4kRzAIS6KcW2Hqb1h-IMqbM6kmAeIAKk1DyNd

Lord Tyrion’s second son is just yet a boy, but his strength and height make people recall the name of the Mountain again, albeit in whispers.

7UNZI1DX_Fy_b6E3EJHLIufLqqtSIXk0dv9-5fsOYs011jV4xOPTK-zNL2qAPR2bjk3JHo17GmMHgx9ZZfUKQw2wlX-ubmMzlrDgGB92QNsDeEi07BmNKcZIAMuX1i-8h-f97X4R

Lord Tyrion’s oldest son and the current Lord of Fang Tower, Lord Philip, succeeded his father in the year 353AC. He is married to Lady Salene of House Inchfield. The pair has two living sons and a daughter.

luS_DXbT_0QMS4jWLA_rMTqgOqtbHOHGnHHlRLMnNy2M8QBH7m9SpVYgFviqvMkyqY4Vy0lzuDr9dDV36WkgK1GPb0sPhbTSiTNa2uzC36OxcSWyKh9tNumE4fUHyUteevA4q0Cv

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Westerlands: Minor Events: Another Dog’s Story

Another Dog’s Story​

Around the same time as the Restoration of Castamere was taking place, a messenger arrived at Castle Black with a special request, plea and pardon from the Queen for a man named Mors the Butcher. He was acquitted for all crimes he might have committed and invited back to the service of a dragon queen.

Lord Mors took the offer and came back to take his place as the Lord of Westford. He married Lady Cerelle of House Lannister, the sister of Lady Joanna, Old Lion’s wife athe the mother of Lord Paramount Tyrion.

6I56CL9YuHkfP4NHYzHzngcGg6CSfSehQUtI0HtUjZtPIZhOBOOtN4M9b-cr2pfalx8Hy1oF8IP1GdkAPOSKzsggwy28gBhBmWp3l7y_xtWwnTz5LCnFStw_pgSd7WnD6ZMjBf63

Their second son, Ser Lyman, was married to Lady Lianna of House Lydden. He died peacefully in the year 345AC. Lady Lianna mourns him still.

6NSt0F2np0YowrPtFeTo32PzA40sX6KKcCOqHeMh6kYKclWbT7HnQ6YU70CX91qp22sRr_HiJBxW-aL-InlHQwkF14NYOS7-sy_FpLOJpaie1Tv9Vk1NKzW6HtxbvVrZwJyPsqVo

Their daughter, Lady Celessa, married Ser Vardis of House Egen, the heir to the Lordship of Crown Crag in the Vale. They produced two sons and two living daughters before Ser Vardis’s accident.

ryZTN-FEQDlDn8AF4bDzh6k8G9oTvg1wVeyHL2jzJmehK2WjPyxPgtgHClZ4bDomEcsZhCGUZtYrXg7W-rqCZmlEc3wHVejsL8q8l3q5Oz8tML5LeX-E-iV1VD1DaqiPZxcmWcwc

Lady Celessa’s brother, Ser Horys, is married to Lady Corianne, the Golden Hound of House Clegane. Their daughters are married into houses Kingslayer and Crakehall.

eZrJ0zakTtxfZKMroSl1rnL9pf-lg_rbokQY9lNJPvkcrlKAeg1F9r_jjHxAGhANHuOvJDtkTkHrD1LLw7m0p95ed0Lx-fdQoC7WFkfGUqR12K-uYURjEhddZinsz_E_IDSQGBar

Lord Byron succeeded his father in the year 332AC. He was married twice. His first wife and the mother of his five children was Lady Alysandra of House Brax. His second wife was Lady Alysanne of House Prester, although it is debatable whether he actually acknowledged that it was a different woman or in his grief he mistook her for his first beloved wife.

ZVGcu9c_Vjg7lJaSQZnEWN0h6yrFj0Zh4fyrxPF43DQBZkIoXxKA9Pk61g37oCKHNO4zkD8SWT_sfZe-ITPJFDtsQWQf21xbidg7dfkO_5FrLvO-ureszitTJrdw0H0EmXeG5Prn

Poor Lady Alysanne was married a lot, for some reason. She is now on her husband number four.

eUV9afFgx-U23bxqgQRutlsDZdtxL-LwntENl80c19X_h3yYxDHTujutx662U7mQuoDu2x_KLSAmb7B2BHna5Md5TA2MB86Vlhg6kfBtb5EBtQm3HFLzLK3QiPc3YbVEdT1lstYC

Lord Byron’s youngest daughters, Ladies Lucinda, Domella and Parena, all married into various prominent houses and had children.

kuPPkhwsNH5fdm8UH3s8_5QMnRoVNOsCJ0WKQtsB3TUWp8Rs_nfcrkptEDbiEoV2TLKrn84nHpcKWfQiAwf9mrgF-TqjdiXDmNCwV-MpksHfHMkHbIU5bgn1wi98QSZ9WkSaMUU4

SAmz0nS0aNt1tLP8p-ol1ingCc-NR1uqxsSc1ohKCza9ndDg8s3-A-waBZcy9KsuGcabDLO0NrOe35T623WuFDYSNQKI06CY_UbLY7GHigtPm8XX06ZL_xuLpwCVGgf7vhkVPRiS

MLqyBwxSo8miPtk-8iKG2p6t79Y-at7DG572hLleSseHnnq3h3tgraNEHXzTF9H1ntEWnoB4_jBUwIrhng_S6bT57GWI6n7Mcqgmq3bdQjir123vNpqtS55-14o8J_Kk8GZK9fWu

Lord Byron’s oldest daughter, Lady Melesa, married Ser Jonnel, the lowborn son of a mayor from the North.

euXUVcqzD4ZKHfrQtDju9tocS5IOfnp7UKPzVaPg1Y9qpyosg-ZvrS11iiliDIthb-hyrDoVa1Duyw6vPgQ-UC28iig6p5h9bYdWafdsbmPZ11Wjb2Vr7QDkOgOGZaJ1wDXqH8Ww

Their oldest son, Ser Bertrand, took a lot of things after his father, one of which is the northerners’ pride and respect for the then yet functioning Night’s Watch. He took the black and is still serving there as a guard.

R44_gQ66Rkcs_g5SkTrH9fDeQ7gcPM9llf-in2Jve1ltJPXQH-W8M18dq8EQlTUn3Kn41zIHGpwLUHgkqhrZNKSD6qfybiHzqREHRxAO1899qA9V0-pe2sghKSv5bKnKlsOF-npP

Lady Melesa’s only daughter Celyria’s marriage to Ser Maynard of House Clegane is covered in the previous chapter.

Her brother, Ser Jonos, is married to Lady Darlessa of House Swift, a widow of Ser Imry of House Chester, who was burned at the stake by his own father. Lady Darlessa’s son stands to inherit his grandfather’s title. Ser Jonos and Lady Darlessa do not have children together yet.

TUb3EPzSuAzlQbKP5UWOOGYdBnDHCGvfW551kZss5ganHSzIU-bIRSSAiVI0fcXvriUShOt1TOfFE9nPEWwftFJn56aMjmC3I6GBXzAuGpEXKDXEmEnExnsQ9nejuEFs1GXzuatf

Lady Melesa’s youngest son, Ser Lambert, is married to Lady Hamina of House Foote. They do not have children yet either.

rXw_k5JKiX1vDtJHZ73TuAf0rs6EUGywYmBAhSTlg0VVCVJBOUojl82OMbwqIeBN2J1zBqinH9HTtHa5IUlmYutikmNzDopFExKmX7gs8sC9gBiFbo4MMmJD2ZheMmLHUzK3ajJ0

Lord Byron’s only son, Lord Tyrek, the current Lord of Westford, succeeded his father in the year 339AC. He was married to Lady Domella the Red Badger of House Lydden until her death in the year 356AC. They have three sons and one daughter. Lord Tyrek did not remarry. There is something strange about Lord Tyrek for he is never seen without his full armour and helmet, but his family insists that his erratic behaviour is due to his deep sorrow that he drowns in a lot of wine.

im22XFNjeikHwxQmYM7EgnjalL-3ixrnH-Fcx77_tsjM6oMu7LaVXbbCC2qEl-F9Wk8JCYF-HLS3bwgPoJFZywLVawC9sAeza5qU0WhTTZwof4ms-ns64r2mWZwUOAmNDX_rqLWp

Lord Tyrek’s only daughter, Lady Hamina, is married to Ser Otto Flowers, the bastard first-born son of Lord Maryn of House Willum of Smallwood, Lord Treasurer of the Reach. They have a daughter.

1RBWY-LHbWR-je2SVf-cOQJL5TS7ADug_k-xuAE1VChEcsSjEH3etGYWPz-KK-xOHFQyfJlHpqVwXL5LnZhfNn216QdmAutpLab1tQYmqrG0aVbKIwK8weV797zOWO4btLyEMtcP

Lord Tyrek’s firstborn son and heir, Ser Addison, is married to the lusty Lady Tasene of House Selmy. They have two sons and two daughters.

E4QQKwT2sIJXl2QoUzG0c2j6GFCva1QVVo4mEsfMMtVPZfYFr6IJsARHRXO8xgZaxQdcBqLAWj9OlERKvPCWR5EGlRMtmjs6Jx7sKbBnpanI7Ojc0QgQrfY8QOr4PGOuXmgtQHJQ

Lord Tyrek’s second son, Daven, is married to Lady Melissa of House Clegane. They do not have children yet.

9uJF82A11krqMTdu-qXlWKokCg6KTrFBdrRVq7s9_MQ9qIBFKZf8RZzQRGFM6BETjKBE_XmCVchv_3Tv0YPOZGm9ojmjx7Bl-hye1LtUK-MlETEklIJRZy2TZ_uSoqEMOOPI9WVQ

Lord Tyrek’s youngest son, Ser Joffrey, is married to Lady Sharra of house Yarwick. They have a daughter.

76D1zu09ymZE0OxsISPYrxUvZJhWePSNXf527m2Xauq4PNERt1L-Hr1qEHLKNZp3rhVzhx-vO-MypzL25W7IddZrnzJQT1OWOGPolNqYSa0WFOeT5FJnhR7Ks4yGoD0ZF0DYGCjm

• 1Like
Reactions:
Interesting fates for more of the canon characters, I am especially terrified that Cersei ended up with the Crow's Eye of all people, at least their progeny are decent folk. And with Euron dead as seen from those images, at least that's one character that is theorised to apparently be in cahoots with the Others finally dead, though I'm not sure if his other progeny share the same madness. By the way I'm amused that GRRM's video game self lived to a ripe old age of 107, and to die of depression at that, really amusing. Though I'm curious as to what his bloodline looks like. Tyrion definitely got a happy ending, though I wonder if he eventually found closure in regards to Tysha. Sandor too got a decent life, despite fate rearing its nasty head at the end. I'm amused by Joffrey's house name too, not something you'd see everyday. Also I'm curious, any chance we can get a screenshot or at least a brief footnote on what happened to Podrik Payne and Bronn in this wacky timeline?

Reactions:
Interesting fates for more of the canon characters, I am especially terrified that Cersei ended up with the Crow's Eye of all people, at least their progeny are decent folk. And with Euron dead as seen from those images, at least that's one character that is theorised to apparently be in cahoots with the Others finally dead, though I'm not sure if his other progeny share the same madness. By the way I'm amused that GRRM's video game self lived to a ripe old age of 107, and to die of depression at that, really amusing. Though I'm curious as to what his bloodline looks like. Tyrion definitely got a happy ending, though I wonder if he eventually found closure in regards to Tysha. Sandor too got a decent life, despite fate rearing its nasty head at the end. I'm amused by Joffrey's house name too, not something you'd see everyday. Also I'm curious, any chance we can get a screenshot or at least a brief footnote on what happened to Podrik Payne and Bronn in this wacky timeline?
For some reason I really liked the idea of Cersei and Euron as a couple, so I nudged then in that direction and they worked out really well, despite the fact that Euron had a ton of salt-wives. And his progeny by them sure does share his madness, and there is a ton of that progeny to go around. Some already been seen in the Stepstones and then there is some in Tyrosh, I think, but that's the decent ones. The main bunch is in the Basilisk Isles and they are a menace and a mess. And they raid, a lot.
I was equally surprised to see GRRM to live that long, usually he's out soon after the start. On his 100 birthday I gave him immortality and then took it away, but the bloodline created from it remained so I could trace it.
I hope that Tyrion did actually find some semblance of closure, he was friends and lovers with his wife for their whole lives after all. I tried to find Tysha in the game but I couldn't, so when I saw that he has a lover and a friend, I just had to try and make him happy for once.
I felt to sad when the game counted Sandor's burns as his death reason. It felt so unfair, but I had to roll with it.
Joffrey first got some "Wrothlion" or something like that when he married, but I thought that it wouldn't be something that he would choose, so I channelled my inner joffrey (a scary thought) and decided that doing something like that out of pure spite would be a very joffrey thing to do.
Sure, I will make a couple of screens when I'll have a minute to open the game. Pod, Bronn, ol'George's kin. If you're interested in someone else, let me know :)

I would like to have a double (or triple) love for the scene between the Mountain and the Viper.
To be fair, that quote is actually a quote from the source, it is an actual fight scene in the book, I just made a couple of minor adjustments here and there to make it fit the narrative, because the original one ended... uhm... differently, to say the least.

• 1Like
Reactions:
I might have to read Martin. How does he compare to Tolkien?
Tolkien might publish a book faster?

I believe this was answered before, but I have absolutely no memory. Where do you get the artwork? I love that picture of old Tyrion.

• 3Like
Reactions:
I might have to read Martin. How does he compare to Tolkien?
I love both of them dearly, but I don't know if they are comparable. Like an uplifting fairytale and early medieval history book. Tolkien is a high fantasy where good people are definitely good and bad are bad and they just are like that and good deeds get rewarded and no matter what hardships heroes go through you just know that they will prevail and good things will come and even the sadness is pure and light. Martin's low fantasy gives you a bunch of people who are exactly that - people, with all the good the bad and the ugly, and then they fail and die and there's a lot of sex, violence and heartbreak. And there's also that nasty fact of it all being unfinished yet, and the real GRRM is not much younger than his counterpart in my AAR...

• 1Like
Reactions:
Tolkien might publish a book faster?

I believe this was answered before, but I have absolutely no memory. Where do you get the artwork? I love that picture of old Tyrion.
with canon people I usually go to Google and just look at various "Tyrion Lannister art" untill my eyes bleed. Then I put the art I chose through FaceApp to age it up and voilà. I can find the originals and share, if that would be interesting.

• 1Like
Reactions:
INTERMISSION on GRRM, Podrick and Bronn
By the way I'm amused that GRRM's video game self lived to a ripe old age of 107, and to die of depression at that, really amusing. Though I'm curious as to what his bloodline looks like.
So, about GRRM's lot.
His first daughter was married to the Master of Flea Bottom.
YrLUOTQ87SFeYQZYed76XWLtcWKxU3xeEHHufUyZr9R_XjsH2pdUafL0NtlxmaCcup8htpdo_jKC7NrUNZ4f1ohyko480TSDjMOtDBE3--8wNruD5sLnCNAu5JmjE-3yp88RbNEH

Thei son was murdered and his wife died of a heart attack because of it.
C-IBKzut_eu3Ld7aQcXhKKwdTIZKjvAWsQ6tUDGMdUoC_XJLOdv-yiI9btdALAIblL3veIjw6exJxH02-VvIE5nSyUDKj3dGjCUxXqfSecfP_2z64yQG9Av9AjJsXOFeiBFkM-Z8

So the current Mistress of Flea Bottom is GRRM’s granddaughter, married to a Longwaters bastard.
wgFdCbh-Dq7iv_x78j_VmU0N3tGKmFkz2S5By4kkuMl24YKz0DLmd2gAhQ7JVdiAMuJTZV83cwgRQaiWt3U_OkswfTmQjLvYcoBN60TnM6u8zfNXMejTz3PuwixD8Nkhf8BCkuSx

GRRM’s second daughter was first married to a Kettleblack of Cobbler’s Square and then remarried to a bastard of a Night’s Watch brother from House Hewett.
OqNYx6ciD2yX96OUGvSd7pieSZhC6WndYSQCvmlG8ynxUu2pEhBWjVcHqSi682Nq00ZTEkDInO_xXdM9Bsz4_tml_Tbb_O1I8gXvcj-KTzmWpCqBp7KyYd_MC29U9jnSyzGZ5SaA

Interestingly enough, their first son went back to the Night's Watch. Full circle and all that.
YoumA4FEv5GfJMKt95keW1KyWStC62fa8CjO7dy3UKvp09NPvQcS51gGLbSn3M2xBuqEHfjNhsDKriOBZ_Ed39TQWEkmHuIjbmjqD2P1kbxhXrhnwK3XY3QNHAmvRqRrlQTXeKsR

Kettleblack girls are… well…
The elder is a Mistress of Cobbler’s square. Her first husband, a Frey bastard, died young and childless. Her second one is from a line of hedge knights and mayors and had bastard daughters before this marriage.
65dr51CiGyLo0rdiWs4IfUWNQ0ojmm5joEtzRqlj1ELaQc6kRWi7ECQ8dRzTJye_S8Cjy_9TNnJ6oM1imlcEx2nNfRQ51xAj1ZVpq3_rjgPUoAzJ5oduRfJsSYD00Ihj08COUGk-

The younger is married to another Frey bastard, and said bastard is a double bastard because he sleeps with his wife’s sister.
bcuUU7aNxT64LBG7tOeegqkJmCTJaV-rNXddpiFH_GsrwKuRBMu9tD-qpngdidZSRzkevuPVxLqHAwv1KNGEZtz0ZrFZkF25_3smGpYTbId5KjtIedqHgGv2LX7RVSwavw0Vy0MB

The result of that stands to inherit.
89Jz7ynHjQP658l58jnuCN_GO0Q_3qoZ0RVV5YUfAzO6hj0t4SCxuxxjOgy8d7P-b-uMQVPDu4f1A2WhbwbDAgcTLpZ0VQhOKP-2R8mSAPIDxS1mEp2ouxw2xe12Yh3h_wkYCnJM

But let’s move on. GRRM’s third daughter is married to a Darkhart of King’s Landing, I think I wrote about those in my Crownlands chapter.
UjEgbNzvMydzz9BuY3uxyAIvRG1KWYoCZknLtpu74iXUm48jtWLWG4nT6A7pFETBpjNzfM-rq1WoorouEd2lAH4aB8JbKwh29Z1NqEOxtMtX084d-ibaAigR1_xlhiJJv-hFgUTy

Martin’s youngest daughter married quite above her station and now her sons are in line to inherit a High Lordship.
dkUui4N_fd6Kp6jlLlbUHhDg1umu8hqO3X0HB3abvp_ISr_6HaFJjIUDA1KkqTKcSn23JxNi-3rpkS0wytZduDet183gJbC_tqzlfDDECyVvMpzTTq0LhyFWZBuakRQW6rciB1TP

Martin’s first son was murdered when he was just a toddler.
27SCZulrv_a03ylOyD2zm8_qohoW1H0NMSrzkdDwGfCJVpUuv5QxvEHN-wHCdykmTniV2ymBgh1ECyV5U7q9PcHg9VhqfESnU8W7CWYZSmYpgWHJvkBffZc1Nea7ohwVIjJ8s-5R

So it’s the second son’s turn now. He is married and also has a paramour and it is apparently not enough and he wants another lover despite not even being lustful and being shy.
vW21HZl4wSBqCuTDLhmNoyTOUQKfNCwx4_w8LOhN_AwnJ6hliqtkyY3-De9d0a0Jn2cGzoRcliGKOxYqj7NLPU-wCcHT3_Yj7oYM9KHw4BVAeFOey1b_SJ22OEJqW1AyeeL8Waeg

Also I'm curious, any chance we can get a screenshot or at least a brief footnote on what happened to Podrik Payne and Bronn in this wacky timeline?
Let’s stark with Pod.
Pod unfortunately died quite young, at 33. He was married to a Lannister of Lannisport, she later remarried, but I forgot to take screens about that.
hPOjHcqJTi7Ndjo3YSMwRkXOQS3E-Xz6d7WWx5QbJA8Ged2Os60gMchDXUnr9XoiEiha1Wn9eM_LJuDj8Vdyq1AOJQi12Y_xkHMFHFXZNs_fcUNXNsFBcF9_qGC1JCxbIwIG7Vb7

Pod’s first daughter married late, as a second wife to Onion Knight’s son, and never had kids.
u2J9-AoMAQHFMu3Wq4ToBaakcIjdfH8s64y5DiB71T4-gG84b8SflJNjExAo2QUQw5PIqhd3O41zzKSFmtDYU44yzm-lfpPOjgQ_wxIY1VM0LGfW-KbsHo8zpeW5xl6seDtSNBAA

His second daughter married within family, so her son is also a Payne.
VwSywRzx-uuxepvMi2VAaVH9Fn-lRW2ib3FvoKA9ml-WL4yEdGdMDXEvSStF9WpUazCvkuJLh-RpfLBaGbJl5uaXA6YNsteTb9ELzgB5GjObM3i1Ed0Wo5LWTdsnga9eMOxLrqUZ

He is married to a Lannister, a descendant of Kevan.
n66FaKq5zT0u9eHgHIkyrC6mbkOy3JmPJVqqOEbnXnB0-QvJVsf30EwMIijf4EWu9UnVWdVtBvJRgI2MV3-Nzm6u57zOnUofZNqKK199Tv0mEiZ--GbGJTs_s-W8zvezr7J8-Tk8

And now to Bronn.
There never was any battle of Blackwater, but I gave him his bloodline anyway, just ‘cause I like him (I don’t know why his last name and shield are like that though).
Ku-1Wra6V7TlhS8uQYa9AJ1aOTweyuwuxLXi5kxeZHINrTGm7Pi5wqcXjhQyK0vzNnZoUwUkrLKWM5iWBZ-US2xy3m9VvKm-SmRpZF58Hsp60a211ufFaNBWA64lgBpslgZ6tufd

He then matrimarried Lady of Great Fork, firstly because she needed a husband and also because the chain and water on Bronn’s bloodline’s image go very nicely with Bourney’s COA.
h-ymHP-J_WIprAYQBTSrIyA8ZuBiFqGVr2Wf9enI7DLDmahVWa11u64MzTdbxfbZQHE-4eupCgfsW7RGD2pAIM6GAQqaGrSRy94l4MN7AFIYBuZoAi0pOoyFZDaaOptqs2q4fQhn

I think he actually loved that woman or at least he loved their children, because he died of depression not long after their deaths (I personally think it was his son’s death in a tourney, he was only 18).
Bronn’s first daughter is married to the son of Ser Lyonel Frey, the very same whose wife Tyrion stole.
1PSNVaAU4Xv-bm3CccnDypXJZ08fsTf2GGumMPwAZOhND_OnpazpNPABc70tMx-S5Dc17nrViPXdFHZtpHT3V9LvtnZ8vWWEUOufCpos41ALeWs6BZHFbT3goKuK4BL85OnnE640

Bronn’s firstborn succeeded as Lord of Great Fork, but died of what seems like everything.
95sE42d3lCsoHk3M3KxLAoBu_s18rxdp9DNwDQ2F1g9fkzsiGVazu9q2pUmPIAn0Yqvcm6xkH7GNZUPpV7yVbazGbtWrMGEIzPmrLYl17OGS1eq1c3LfYQ22lwe7AEMWd-52-bBW

The current Lord of Great Fork is named Bronn, and I really like that. He has two sons by a Vance girl.
vaqe-gu4xyUJMOu8kjF6gpiZ8HGi5Ehd1aOxh0q7dYvdpSa2qQeN3DzPVM9KaDC5xIVUMm8sOhI4-vrIZHCwa55GgpehK-h-HOBr4kTeKe5JV7N28uPnDfEzOf3HfTis41KCwAj5

So, if anyone else peeks interest, don’t hesitate to ask :)

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
A shame Pod died young, but hey at least he was knighted in the end, even had a few kids too. Bronn did well for himself, even if he never got any lands. I'm hyped for your Vale and North updates, I'm itching to see as to what happened to the Arryns and the Starks, especially the Starks.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Plenty of Freys, even if they were not featured!
Oh, there is definitely too many of those alright! I had to restrain myself from doing them all a good ol' dracarys because they didn't do anything too bad in this universe yet and punishing them for something that they didn't do seemed unfair, although very tempting (they did A LOT of bad in canon). They will be featured in the Riverlands chapter, although not very extensively because I think they sensed that I was just itching for an excuse and mostly behaved.

A shame Pod died young, but hey at least he was knighted in the end, even had a few kids too. Bronn did well for himself, even if he never got any lands. I'm hyped for your Vale and North updates, I'm itching to see as to what happened to the Arryns and the Starks, especially the Starks.
A real shame, yes. But I'm still proud of him. And of Bronn, he actually was a good husband and father and I like to think that they ruled jointly so he had his fare share of ruling.
I hope to deliver everything soon.
Here's a teaser for the North, which will probably be a VERY BIG chapter: a Stark rules the High Lordship of The Wall.

• 1Like
Reactions:
ACTIVE SUBMODS
I don't know if anybody asked this, but what mods did you use?
I don't think anyone did. I have a lot of them. I also modified some of them to better fit my liking, but not much 'cause I'm not that fluent with the code.

lR_tVOOSn6en08N2aDR7TYGqu-zjKxX0XltSL7bLAMCmQTtsbQ45A3Blejxzf-0mwszgLYGrM0ipQK2OwMijJHu5lwQXIaf4crb9MmqtHqM4tYZxu73RtglyBK5EUioO-Z7XWIas

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT.

I've messed up and missed a crucial character in "The Queen Once More" part about Cersei. This oversight is ammended now. Please feel free to revise.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The Iron Islands: Houses of the Iron Islands

The Iron Islands​

Jovaw5TOW_y4gGtUB7rTJKO7WyIrReuSMTxmrm0R08E-ZDCLFGAfZmA6DId_XmOYfDl9YFe2mqG2-Gym27ER3NEDw-0zkCQjZptYgqK0KgE2UrdpVqH_Z6rXbntFQuS842OSX6Wg

Please note that the island of Lonely Light is depicted closer for convenience.

The smallest and least-populous of the Seven Kingdoms, the Iron Islands span forty-four small islands located in two distinct archipelagos in the Sunset Sea to the west of Westeros. Most of these islands are too small to appear on maps, but eight are large enough to hold reasonable populations.10

Houses of the Iron Islands​

Lords of the Iron Islands are sworn to the Lords Paramount of House Greyjoy. Their seat is located on Pyke, the closest island to the mainland.

Major houses of the Iron Islands, and their vassals, include:
  • House Greyjoy of Krakenrock
  • House Ironmaker of Ironmaker Keep
  • House Botley of Lordsport
  • House Wynch of Iron Holt
    • House Codd of Codd Hall
  • House Saltcliffe of Saltcliffe
    • House Sunderly of Saltford
  • House Goodbrother of Great Wyk
    • House Goodbrother of Corpse Lake
    • House Goodbrother of Hoare Castle
    • House Farwynd of Sealskin Point
    • House Sparr of Faroar
    • House Merlyn of Pebbleton
  • House Blacktyde of Blacktyde
  • House Drumm of Old Wyk
    • House Goodbrother of Shatterstone
    • House Stonehouse of Stonehouse
  • House Orkwood of Orkmont
    • House Tawney of Nettlebank
  • House Harlaw of Harlaw
    • House Harlaw of Grey Garden
    • House Harlaw of Glimmering Tower
    • House Stonetree of Stonetree
    • House Myre of Hangmyre
    • House Volmark of Volmark
    • House Kenning of Shield Row
  • House Farwynd of Lonely Light

10 Atlas

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
The Iron Islands: Notable Events in the Iron Islands: The Many Limbs of a Kraken: The Arm of Volantis. The Arm of Norvos. The Arm of Yi Ti

Notable Events in the Iron Islands​

The Many Limbs of a Kraken​

Lord Paramount Balon of the Iron Islands, called the Brave for his berserk-like reaving tactics, navigated the waters of the Iron Throne’s new administration with a wavering success, but ultimately the stress of it all took it’s tall and Lord Balon died in the year 314AC at the age of seven-and-fifty.

ul1lWCgW7vNat14Qy2ZlZrV2U3y6W9lZYdlnE9lVFJ9csU8vIMhsyxGzJ9_zoVyWd2EP88lP0BRMPJr2Z9Gx-xmYjZ9osH05ZJeGb3tC8DJQdP4g1EaWSy7kPcvBa6en5cOlsJNz

His only surviving son, Lord Paramount Theon took his place. Lord Paramount Eddard of the North did not try to hinder this transition of power and new equals parted as friends.

Unfortunately Lord Theon did not take anything from his foster family and grew up to be a man full of vice that gained him the reputation of a trickster. Envious of his sister, he commissioned an axe to be made from a lump of metal he acquired in one of his raids to the east. The axe later became known as a Finger Eater for it’s peculiar hunger for that particular part of the human body.

Lord Theon the Trickster finally died in the year 337AC from a tumour in his groin.

S8Zrpn7tUCX-WOo_P7cs7wbxZQr6qe5VoFxjjuMPgMIPw_pSPjpVULQmg6TE1VXRxWhrtLPKpHuxgVMVvnKDTPxKll2y8YwgCN0NXTwT_mGfAdytN_tcKeyWTtxlq4aFKCFA4Q2v

Theon Greyjoy on Pyke by Mike Hallstein

In his life Lord Theon went down the same road that his uncle Euron took as well and left behind many children, both legitimate and not.

4GGr8OYZ3-0KmuYhBBaU8xt1Gso5aK6lyv-kiPOnXTxlhtz3u50wKHs4qN6150IYi6-EpM917fpvo1i2sXF44DdnAD37jFUBbzGhP9NobksV4utrLC3NN0O_rKrrpT-ObPHvR19X

Let us start with the illegitimate ones.

The Arm of Volantis​

Lord Paramount Theon’s first salt wife was a woman captured during his reaving in Volantis. She bore him four children and later married a man from House Harlaw only to be burned at the stake by his cousin soon after the wedding.

-73Cy4ZACqXGzSebkU1l6-GM63Vy1nU1vgi2ajNTg0eB_iPhZ0gsUt4oq9lPTV9AhUuu3EVr7NZPetgo9jXr-mo3MFODqvZ3KkKZTZD-yTngVb_hwIY5eMtwFdw5nnl4Efoqltg3

Her first child with Lord Paramount Theon was a son named Quenton. He was not granted full status of a lordling so was disqualified from succession. He married twice. His first wife was Lady Alannys of House Harlaw, the daughter of Quenton’s own step-father. Unfortunately she perished under very suspicious circumstances not long after the nuptials, so Quenton remarried to a lowborn woman named Thalvi. She bore him a son and a daughter.

-yNxcUzcc1wTjS17U0vj7X8lUcnONEVsFAZ8oEVz5z2tXZwMriGCmV45gK90xiY53JgpszM2FXTK0DNsU-4OxBLN-W2Zb5szCz1q8X4YgWf6bG5LgvsXsNZEB9YnkvqSIN9ogXpM

Lord Theon’s other son by Vaeranei was named Roggon. He also was not acknowledged as a potential heir. He was first married to the granddaughter of Lady Asha the Kraken’s Daughter through her daughter Lady Beony of Last Refuge. Lady Syganna unfortunately died very young on a reaving gone wrong, so Roggon came back to Pyke with nothing but a nickname to show for it. He remarried to a lowborn woman named Illenia. They have a daughter.

mBCqfH6AJZ-voBfIdxekfUcftOnOaE8svRYOnFItZS4UvYMHeQjjfBRjfzlfOyaYttvnXgnjyIPa7NLfv_4LuQ2EDNmmIvbBuzapmfdEF3DlCg_tzlG___bYm8MuAY4oJqXXt7un

Lord Theon’s and Vaeranei’s first daughter, Jonella, first married a very promising young Lord Dale of House Saltcliffe, but he caught pneumonia during their wedding festivities and died shortly after. Jonella later remarried to a man named Cromm and bore him a son.

okMNtgSSQFG1arIGaOPeNQwrUgwaHw8R590bfYBx-a-RAZ-vJKkdZn-Q-80_4yqJj__kJRX9yij5IW7K-ZoPgKNeCJOy9L9Ger44EDOqwfM4EzknywwZnJ-FAF7XXpGLP7ljEPQP

Cromm’s father, Hilmar, was a member of the houseguard on Hangmyre island. When the Lord of Hangmyre was executed with only a pregnant granddaughter as an heir, Hilmar seized an opportunity and usurped the island for himself claiming it to be a regency until a proper son of House Myre would be born. He was promptly imprisoned by his overlord of Harlaw and died in his dungeons. The lordship of Hangmyre returned to the Myre family and is ruled by Lord Noroquo, the same proper son of House Myre that Hilmar claimed to wait for. He now also has two brothers in case something was to happen to him.

HPiYuOYw3DRg7PRwMnKu-ahhWX7VUIfu6riKMXvLaFGLECyLYmuLfqCtI_xyXcRWBxZSbNYxUP13saXHSR_3poYOHRyWxfUciBCS0Ir1aNxzdqlVISXguFXa4qeNaNsSKOVDNPgv

Lord Theon’s and Vaeranei’s last child, a daughter named Millga, first married Ser Greydon of House Goodbrother, grandson of “King'' Euron of Gogossos and his lioness and the heir apparent to the Old Wyk at the time of his birth. Unfortunately he also died young perishing in the glorious reaving at the age of just nine-and-ten. Millga later remarried to another knight, this time from House Sparr, an interesting pattern of choosing such a rarity amongst the ironborn.

Xsi9H-oAWxGMfnIjIYI2mTzhg9LwO8J6fA1bb6KfXT3Dj8iJoWq_C7rUOylfykW-GiLOXfJRgK1gBO5HEQKOTAs_CYisbRnInqaFFMZh6vaacCsrvrmkkymR1v5bIAb4fQhOS8Yp

The Arm of Norvos​

Lord Paramount Theon’s second salt wife was a woman from Norvos named Ferrega. She bore him three living daughters and outlived her captor.

VXM7CtgFEpTz4u_YutFLP0ZjKlgvPe8rJO-6rCpEtgjSrhLB-z1bn2V0X-uTQw4STq_OsPtI4W07WUPHoNkfDILkSPJ8wfS8tsRfEqIJM9Uk8O0xZ6D3Leel_OOcB_Bzhla80CJY

Their first daughter, Myrielle, married a peculiar member of House Farwynd. He openly worships the Old Gods of the North, practices the arcane arts and is often seen in the company of a sea lion. Myrielle and her husband Erne have a son who also worships the Old Gods.

ReiAIzY2E5JLQWBglcoCUs9Zc7UwcplNjvUwG6lWVlX18wZ01hMHH6qCWbvi9vhMpn8bBf5JwArOkyu5xYA3yA5d8QfEB2QQ4BYBW6bid8MsCK0wQGq_dN6TQ4ZKxMGtUVHC5ysN

Lord Theon’s and Ferrega’s two other daughters, Ladies Syri and Syganna, made a pact to honour their mother by dying their hair the same shade of blue. They continue to do so.

Lady Syri was lucky in marriage. She married the honorable Lord Dunstan of Old Wyk. This loving and respectful marriage resulted in three healthy sons.

fIaeP6ERralKK6SUsBuTMTkkUbDBRtNsOGq99rIux7MkFXte1BqgJdNzBVKADdpmujQt1wcvjEUB3vMlWKQFXu20JERydrP9imVO8T-WstPIVtdlPDigr-4iiIG0Cz1lAcSQcMRo

Mistress Syganna cannot boast about much love in her own marriage, but it is not a complete disaster either. She married Master Syricho on Nymolis castle all the way in Myr. Master Syricho is the grandson of “king” Euron of Gogossos and one of his salt wives, a myrish bard. Masters of Nymolis also have three sons.

uUFlW571VqYmupUyPDFBnWX39K2vkjYMlzaEzrlcTsgZAq_ouXoBN8lG2pW4Jbx8Af2UQ8-dMRUPsgqfcIWY4gPif59oOuDbKjNvJk-8JEW8EIacLQSrQH5kdOpt7yMlldlBL-Wb

The Arm of Yi Ti​

The last salt wife of Lord Paramount Theon was named Yen. She was brought from the distant lands of Yi Ti. She bore Lord Theon four sons. She also outlived her captor.

3YO0U2wmDj6-BD8gSya1_FQBMjUhDldgL0EhkQp_G1ZveIWGj3QdyhutaJ2eUrgOp0esQ-8We8uLBl2RShZufEfhKP58NYHBu9OecGHqF0W6h9OXaPGA434gQ5eK2AcZYPIlIyN5

Their first son was named Harrock. He married Lady Falia of House Harlaw, became a knight and promptly died in a poorly organised turney. Lady Falia remarried to a man from house Goodbrother and died herself shortly after giving birth to their daughter. Her husband later remarried.

B0cEnfpJMuHXjsXnMopcmaU8u8padO9DCt4O2BYVkwMOo-ug8Qc_ur6wO2ZV0nlAuAoB34bd_qNlwkiVHZi2jqZri4hHu-vkUTOr-Cxo7hBGOrZjJxHIS5AYGqSRB_wQok81DXED

Lord Paramount Theon’s and Yen’s second son was named Robin. He married a woman of his own house, Ghauda of Krakenrock, the granddaughter of “king” Euron. She bore him a daughter before being captured and beheaded by her cousin, “king” Boremund of Gogossos. Robin was captured as well and lost his mind from the torture he endured. For his own safety he is currently held under house arrest by his brother, Lord Paramount Theon the Hunter.

R9SJJzmZ2hdabZ7M6U84XFyx0p4CF8bZKHbbkmtnaFYmjJ438H2_myZXKwfhdqncPnI0JsieBmBwubG3E5zGLWhnB8N8W_AHXkJ9OpjAt6LbvF3POwSPqDOvD1-LFL9TlIlhp91Y

It all befell them because of the folly of Ghauda’s father, Master Alton of Krakenrock, the only son of “king” Euron’s that was born to a salt wife that was granted a full status of a lorling (although he is still widely considered a bastard by his peers). A big and brave man, he got it into his head that he was his father’s true heir, so he came to his ancestral seat to gather a fleet and take back what he considered as his birthright. Instead he was granted a castle near Pyke as a strong incentive to not go through with his plan. He did anyway. He gathered a meager fleet and went out to meet his doom. Said doom personified by Master Alton’s brother came on his tail all the way back to his home, sacked it and brought death and madness.

Master Alton’s beloved wife fled Krakenrock at the time of the attack with her grandchildren, so they at least were spared, but the remaining family did not fare so well.

Master Alton himself was captured, brought back to the Basilisk Isles and lost his mind in the dungeons of Gogossos. He is not expected to come back from them.

fD-lwJmVq7C0W_SbzafqJ7lupzSg6CE8QHlZiradHSeIZjdNO7Um2OLaJd7NteDeGzRGFbdSbZLw8OEXfiD9rkqsEpfmOiwBMSmXDfG8nNDesPpLwVljHhAOlQqL9-9tIF7jQ3eE

His eldest daughter, Gysella, and her husband were also captured and tortured. He did not make it out alive and she was sent back home broken and mad as a living reminder of the fate of anyone who dares to challenge the power of this new “kingdom”.

zQca5sc_k6L5eKsalH01i3jX7Bodos1F90SYKLoWvjlOdA40zDc1JamWd1QhQunbceMUzZJ05VXNxWF3J_kanJT2FuWXLq91sNtIUf-XCXswGZvd1vGHgX2Jhp7GENfMjpTRb9T8

Fortunately both sons of Gysella’s and Ghauda’s daughter are alive and well.

Lord Paramount Theon’s and Yen’s third son, Sigrin the Red Reaver, was the only one who grew up to resemble his mother. He married the eldest daughter of Lord of Blacktyde. All five of their children are considered to be from their mother’s House. Sigrin also brought a salt wife for himself from one of his bloody reavings in the east.

KQW72mfckFPdLX-baiumZhVLfZFbkUFIFUgkrrqla6wGdsriWnxYpohKVr6Vf3ZKHDj-otYKnZ5sMNpbUVoTNeio-iYqddD19JJ6Gv42IxM0XxSFNkvhzDo6gMtJDFQno6zZUpjH

Lord Paramount Theon’s and Yen’s fourth son, Harrald, married the granddaughter of Lord Loron of the Northern Stepstones (himself a son of “king” Euron of Gogossos). Their son and any future children belong to their mother’s House.

SXsYAmitm611TONOt_rDzZPAdMW_0zMFcRy_9ytmVd4g1_Ab_b38hMOzWfULbqdMMVocJ3oxzjukeqyQdqur5aCQsujB_O9zYCV2Q-XRuMGFXJbAHbcPjnawdk3VsbkDHh-CKypz

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Iron Islands: Notable Events in the Iron Islands: The Many Limbs of a Kraken: The Kraken’s Body

The Kraken’s Body​

For all the time he whored and reaved, Lord Paramount Theon was married to Lady Ferny of House Orkwood. He brought his poor wife nothing but sorrow and disease she tried to drown in wine, but that only made her cruel and butter. The wine does not heal, so in the year 347AC Lady Ferny died from the sickness her husband had brought from some port brothel or another. Before that she managed to bear five living children to her ungrateful husband.

h1SiNByNs_iJYSewydDKa7MgAXhrLb6VVn7-VKMb1umr8P7GdOm0ooyyqLI-36W4xHdgeDqHY-Q67u1KqfxcpJq2TzN0uTAeXtjCvzogSCT8rfMaOKPI3z2NcYeXVTndpwNHmsD-

Their first daughter, Lady Varana, was sent to Riverrun to be fostered alongside her future husband and lord paramount of the Riverland, Lord Waltyr the Bladesman. Their marriage will be covered in the next chapter.

DqrOsQVwpZwV_TFw3lUefo6vidpif95DJAoEhb0uagKe1lAJa3Pbr--QVMU12JwnjRlYd5ZzRTFmOxKjWsM_IoW8fkZ51ZtzKEIPacIr8zjal63q_fHhrzbgqRwAJWl3n1N8Ej03

Lord Theon’s second legitimate daughter, Lady Larya, was married to the young Lord Norne of Harlaw, but perished in their first reaving. Lord Norne was hastily married again but died in the same year from injuries.

Z4GVkmZa-8Hoftmla9y6csdamB49YI2yWtQFlT9BnUCVSIUOdXLTlhruwrqW8y7mSCVLqwxcPZQeeePjmJhcyJ-KNm7w0Ekomc86vx1aDDPlK4wGA7FI-Yma7qMUHPcCpqtsdsd8

Lord Theon’s youngest daughter, Lady Dags, married Lord Ralf, a man from her mother’s House Orkwood. He was still a boy when he came into power, so his vassals called him “the young lord” and the name is still stuck despite the fact that Lord Ralf is not so young anymore.

R3IZtfaXMjaniLJ5RfonNcVZvGbC2zA0TiPKuW5wzfozyAFnvwggX1CUCtA1wA4NCu1kgO5EElL72KAiE3NomUEjKxAsTYeetuzDuJqxP9TfLqYstCbD2eJvYBH0jn0sIkGSbpSJ

Lord Theon’s second son, Lord Gelmarr, was found dead in the year 354AC. It is still unknown who or why wanted him dead for he was a brave and charitable captain at sea and on land a shy and bookish man content with his lot in life. He was first married to Lady Shierle from House Goodbrother and had two sons and a daughter with her. After her death during another reaving at the age of just three-and-twenty, he hesitated for years before remarrying to another Goodbrother, Lady Lyssa. They did not have any children and Lady Lyssa remarried to the Lord of Faroar after Lord Gelmarr’s demise.

V0l4tzT88cGcJjoDy36xojgYLb6_FAOLatmrqB7Z8V4dzKNaudrrz3U7p1SobKwuanwvnbW2f9zS-12KFMjiRQZqcTFLmOvapmuvfet7-UCjNajuCXbzFtpCJUwDzyrHtxW02X-w

Lord Gelmarr’s first son, Lord Harlon, is considered effeminate for his neat and stylish appearance. Ridden with gout from a young age, he struggles to perform in his marital duties, so his marriage to Lady Syansa from House Stonehouse remains childless.

GBhggDMwj9J_yhmTiE-xLNT9WIofDWgbkw9HQIgVwFOn-5q5AzsbwTRnTUvwvFQfv21uH9k5HFkpkj_uPR0cQt5NLaPNZsYe44srA_yFPCQwqqB5OlAkhpYTllDjOZwzEvYBqE7n

Lord Gelmarr’s daughter is married to the heir of Great Wyk, Lord Victarion from her mother’s House Goodbrother. They have a daughter.

2vhgxJBkNX2M3aVuN5A-QdxbtOcPr69rBiS-gNwx78DlFgslDQvItD-bvRpP6-2d7H2M1jsffo0OnRvCqE6ZOfnBMnrpPfbn-yAx6ax81PbwhWwWytTuihS2hSOYpJmAD0rPMT-A

Lord Gelmarr’s second son, fittingly named Lord Euron, is married to “princess” Syrana of Gogossos, granddaughter of “king” Euron the Crow’s Eye and daughter of “king” Boremund the Unworthy and his first wife, princess Chataya of Naath. This marriage is childless yet.

f--1Hl2A7ecJ6C_pFfonvo_yx0peYyA8Aq7mlWY3s64WKQRUlVTCBpR9h7OfYRpz8DXlCxoGR_1psspLru5PVZ4YXo4VMIqGWE6Zl0G9VHgT6zjNd5va8_9TadZ4S1F9yrdfIMD0

Lord Paramount Theon, the second of his name, Lord Theon the Trickster’s first legitimate son, succeeded his father in the year 337AC. An all around good man, albeit a bit cynical after all the sorrow he endured, he spends his lonely days governing his realm or hunting sea creatures with a spear.

Lord Theon the Hunter was married twice, and both times it ended with disaster.

His first wife was a brilliant girl from House Merlyn, Lady Riga. Shebore him a son soon after the wedding and then accompanied her husband on one of his reavings. A brave woman, but a poor fighter, she died in a battle at the age of just seven-and-ten.

Lord Theon was bereft with grief, but some years later he gave into his counsel’s pressure and married again. His second wife was Lady Mhaegen from the isle of Torturer’s Deep, his cousin once removed, a granddaughter of Lady Asha the Kraken’s Daughter. She bore him two sons and despite his initial protest he finally went to the reaving with him. He was not her grandmother though so she too perished in a battle at the age of seven-and-twenty.

Lord Theon was inconsolable. He forsworn any relations with women from that point on and holds this belief to this day.

mb2h1IVSXhh1h_hk9OyOzcCAYErpY3jhEF4ghmYtjZ_6_2I--xtZ6lJfB4Nv14PROjCmBugWTUfuBcw391GzCbud9mqBkRHSDFlpBuKyhScvfy_bha_9CoZ0iuE1GQco_EIp87Et

Lord Urrigon is Lord Theon’s heir apparent. He is married to Lady Asha’s another granddaughter, Lady Tansa, one of the five daughters or Lord Tyler of Little Tyrosh. They have a son.

_CxZ4ncNyoOYnL4VCk6tDgk_BkgWJsug8t1rTh5TB3ALDMVaxM5FZ7L6zH7e5y8hY_PMNrV21sRzIlVrv3BmrOQRwWNVCWeKbVPrr3ZfqHs17DZ-tTYeufyGbYttkm4VU1543xwu

Lord Theon the Hunter’s second son, also named Lord Theon, was first married to Lady Errya, a quick-witted girl from House Farwynd, but she died from pneumonia shortly after giving birth to their daughter. He remarried to Lady Yasha from House Stonehouse. They do not have children yet.

4F43Btwi_tSxgYVUyUSQb8_CFKP9KXtrkg6FC42YzxF2vOCXPUkwbJO7ukHrzcpIaYLLb5URT0qbKTZXdFYdHE481DgJtLCgiMmXkw-ybP12lQaaaUm7LiZLueuTETuS6qKj3uKu

The last son, Lord Jon, just married a bright young Lady Ela from House Orkwood. She is being trained by her new brother-in-law to hold her own in a possible reaving, despite that the mere notion of her participation in one fills her father-in-law’s heart with dread and despair.

IyLVGooCgcWHYg9SFZzt_jVIGvFxQwa_ybESvijD_6A4tkaBrE9KWb0sfKz8vjlrqKUEecpNFrwvXQeLg5cwUetbLBCNxr1ir57Es3ID5K8Y__PfuRL5rCAzxB0-5t-yno16kHST

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
The Iron Islands: Notable Events in the Iron Islands: When You Gather Your Apples with a Scythe, Some Would Fall Very Far from the Tree

When You Gather Your Apples with a Scythe, Some Apples Would Fall Very Far from the Tree​

Let us now look at another prominent House from the Iron Islands that had an interesting and very tumultuous development.

Lord Rodrick of Harlaw, a widower and a father to two dead sons, did not expect to wed ever again.
F6xYQNPdr4G9enSNNC3t46wy6OAeZniNks9h5gMEdoiNNNqXJzZZw-DR14UCIdxK7is7NVZKbA6ln2aNQ5O675XAaYR1ZfyHizgOjGYCXZJrlBtaNewrXCXrmZlM0MPJOsB1UgjHGrsY4wqFnXjJJI0

Midjourney by me

To his surprise he found himself enamoured with a woman from House Volmark, so he wed her. She bore him two sons and a daughter and followed her husband to the afterlife after a year of grieving.

KuEKccR0wp8Gzsg5kk2BP0BGZP5n0sJca2joqSI4VVJ9SFAX-2_oXL5cxGwJL_yQC1-pAjoyKqV6gbA-a2YHMeem6yXXylPOiYlgdQUlb6coZyBe35IMlE23lPr-1LheeRiDUSQDQ0bZgcRhdbZlSYs

Their only daughter wed Lord Alyn of the same House Harlaw, son and heir of her father’s cousin, Lord Harras the Knight of Grey Garden. She bore her husband two daughters and two sons and died at the age of two-and-forty from a nasty cold. Her husband remarried to the former salt wife of Lord Paramount Theon the Trickster, but she was executed soon after for a forgotten offence. Lord Alyn also had a salt wife named Haena, a woman from the faraway lands of Lorath. She bore him two living daughters and a son and then managed to escape. She snuck on a merchant’s ship bound for the Reach and ended up at the gates of the Citadel itself. Your humble servant here was the one to grant her asylum. After years of mistreatment by her cruel “husband”, her spirit was broken and she died tormented by the memories of abuse she endured.

sbr8jRv9zhDZkKVOYCsztIaxtuFQSgDB-gcnlmXfG9gqSvmMCix-xwbibPLuFFExKGnSeAz_ORP426bSWCqF3ADMOXw0-yCWHCQOqt5p_3kgTFKvPm4lBiMkD-PNu12kSLPqR9pP

But let us trace our way back to Harlaw. Lord Rodrick’s son and heir, Ser Dalton, was married to Lady Ora of House Goodbrother. They managed to have one son before Ser Dalton’s glorious death in one of his raids. Lady Ora later remarried twice, first to the Lord Of Old Wyk with whom she had another two sons and then to the Lord of Volmark.

YeFXcjJgrA69fz0m97QsjanJEnB_tyzG-iezcRvYvvH1r4Y__r2WWGd112YCkhPJdfHHjTb2MEWflQmxYLr5zs8ERqc53vD0dape936ObxC53SZmSROPgJy7ZBewk1z5NKEmNLvf

Lord Dalton’s only son, Lord Norne, succeeded his grandfather in the year 328AC. He married Lady Larya from House Greyjoy, daughter of Lord Paramount Theon the Trickster. They quickly fell in love and with a notion that “the pair that reaves together stays together” they ventured out to their first raid. Lady Larya died in the ensuing battle and her husband came back missing an eye, a leg and a will to live. He also developed a dependency on the wine on his voyage home. In an attempt to salvage the succession he was immediately married to his cousin right after his landing, but died from his injuries in the marital bed. His wife soon remarried but was murdered by an unknown party just four years after.

kQyYIqQXR0rYwI2rYStqSXKbyv-5qnyUQGAC_6vADM263YssY4nyVa97HJqxSPS0XADTUfAkLsU7d9UcFDLeVjb0VbPklHRfq5P4Y33iR6HhvaKNOe4j530-Tu-gZ5PWL8RLuc7N

And this is how the Lordship of Harlaw fell into the bloody hands of a Monster.

Lord Gunnar was a horrible man even by the ironborn standards. He whored a lot whenever chance he got and soon his mind was eaten away by an unmistakable sickness. He also delighted in carving up the captives from his reavings, cooking their flesh and eating it in from of them (or with them, on occasion).

No sane man wanted to give their daughters away to such a man, so Lord Gunnar took lowborn women as his brides, whether they wanted it or not.

His first wife was a whore from a brothel in the Great Harbour of Volmark. A beautiful ambitious woman with a brilliant mind, “Lady” Suna knew how to play her cards with a mad Lord and soon became The Lady. She bore her husband two daughters before catching a cold after one of the frequent storms and dying at the age of just three-and-thirty.

She was quickly replaced with another, physically unremarkable but very sly woman, Lady Mhaegan. She quickly cemented her place with two sons and a daughter and outlived her lunatic of a husband despite a tumour that ravages her body.

rHvzQrcnoRo6eHfTlnkZGW2eSYZUzEoii04Hj7I3TkBFbsexDCi2EpRew3-RQRU1XyFcqSsWdzpXGJJTKvI0PN7FTO4RwQehPuNGA0szKQnzxeP6kjQdYuZdczO7hjNeDJIeS-zG

Apart from his somewhat legitimate children, Lord Gunnar had a couple of bastards pop up here and there.

His firstborn was Rodrick, who briefly held the Lordship of Volmark when there was a little crisis of succession. He was married to Lady Tralmi Redscythe of his father’s House Harlaw. They had a son and then Lord Rodrick was promptly poisoned, probably by his wife who fled to the Lordship of Moroggos in Braavos and serves as a bodyguard to it’s lord.

pheaqRQ-aHBwAPoNQuSceAv0qHAP_HDSJjnFl18h4Y36WYtEfgGVMRkr8nsvCpaZYzPfnn2Zb0GQAZPfEzy3gdRY9kBNQHbbW1fZuGROuq4G6wHPmDUaMWTPlj_08wzp5v2qyo7H

Their son, Ser Stygg, grew up to be a decent man and a knight. He is freshly married to a girl from House Goodbrother.

j-5_WiEBSXeu-0pKLYgu4Vz_qaA4kANYKoVFq8R74B2SAtAFe0avlt4ys83N_xZM89b3gXAAfx99FHRDtRHwHyEnfj77wHcoKpk0W4xSTtdBCR65DyDJq3ZD0Ds__0m0O_CisVyM

Lord Gunnar’s next bastard, Odd, married a woman from House Stonetree. Their daughter and their unborn child are considered to be members of their mother’s House.

dOTFAmf7PeCrcuxjErjTeSRTUBfli5Ci1tnZRw2uEeaIQ1Z-KfjRDG9sHAtCi6p-zRhsYCoxWG1hJOIjDlh6WbhALS-4AvgmJybnn3Kw_EXtN-Tbcp8HCyeH3pUSox-q9dlNDyAV

The last bastard, Roggon, dropped dead at the age of six-and-ten. It was brushed off as a result of “poor health” and soon forgotten.

3AISgZVZvJDVGrGVtU5ViZ6gDPUSP18UZDpFS-dTNmvETOuMWYERUln5ldAdOhPEkyQZJHEq7kRz67YgMWAWw7CQHXI3EwnYLAQidaH2ynaiYeoBqlltUdQCLLWCvZFbajhHEdU4

Lord Gunnar’s first more or less legitimate child, a daughter from his whore-turned-lady wife, was named Falia. He first married Ser Harrock, a son of Lord Paramount Theon the Trickster and his yitish salt wife Yen. He died in a disaster of a tourney at the age of eight-and-ten. Lady Falia remarried to Lord Veron of House Goodbrother, Lord of a newly resettled Hoare Castle, but died of pneumonia soon after giving birth to their daughter. Lord Veron remarried to a woman from House Sparr.

nWsQQMn2jBsD7pcxRc1cmOwWYrncwaRoG3YTHXX7E6DNsIfUbml8z_23XbsynyDHLIJGu6gF3I0hB73DKKIz3PbBl31EsbwiK1vsqGR7lryaqGXkgl78BjDPss9mLdZPG84LnTO9

Lord Gunnar’s next legitimate-ish daughter, Lady Narrsa, was married to her cousin, Lord Sargon from Grey Garden. They had only one son together before Lord Sargon’s death at the age of eight-and-twenty. Lady Narrsa is still so bereft with grief that she often even refuses to eat.

la7yyx6v39eRbZkam59lrvmLhxtrkteCvAElV1kpuQAJdzSuMEZ3Jaq5PA8zyNUT67vhN5wdyjdGKKHSmtHg81Hd5LtSIWzRdywydNcXZ6ap6Ww88NI5uw2r_Ww2_Yu_fisY_j4Z

The Monster’s children from his second wife are doing much better.

Their daughter, Lady Ryka, is married to Lord Yohn from House Drumm, son and heir to the Lord of Old Wyk. They have a daughter.

I2WZcSTDVf0qtH_wvNeSjQkRNMPSwPtM8Y_7efAEJO6TwIqp1ZbSYTo3U9w70WZj6rxbvdTm6cw4eHXqdppbaGqo3rFFNNFPVIAIUfsPVUuxlSZ9YRWWZYdGBthdmKgo1UlX-Mfe

Lord Gunnar’s second son, Lord Cadwyl, is married to Lady Meredyth from House Goodbrother. They have a daughter together, despite the fact that Lady Meredyth had a bastard son before that. It would seem that Lady Meredyth took a little bit more than the colour of her hair from her grandmother, the Lioness of Gogossos.

z7mNLf5S33VcC8e-TGINH1R-gZh4yu0P_7x0w0ikAAGOPvsTE43kXc2TH2D37LM1lNfqIi_RlkTyhJsEhYh3pY9jkDpgU32QU92XE2fwng7N80t-ZdX2vObHmc7_yBoqSzqfRO4s

Lord Will, the Monster’s oldest son and the current Lord of Harlaw, somehow grew up to be an almost complete opposite of his father. An honorable, just and charitable man, he is faithfully married to Lady Utmara from House Botley and utterly adores their three children.

pSg6sC_0Y1RYqRV-f58zwk0-dS_8pyi6UIYGZQiwbDYlv9XclD7HiEBKfRDY1rn2Lr7ATdVkZFBb3V3KUO94ggIp346i7JQ3sL4z7MDizaxYXytMLlFOs7xTb2xt4PyWFTxklySO

His second son is called Gunnar though. Let’s hope that history does not repeat itself.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: