• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Just out of curiosity because I have no idea how hard it would be to implement, but since they overhauled how mercenaries work in EU4 and you can hire individual companies, is there any plan/thought/idea to converting mercenary companies from CK2 into EU4, particularly the player/AI founded companies?
No, and to be honest, I'm personally done expanding this converter. It's on life support until EU5 is announced and we can leave it be.
For custom mercenary companies you can copy over some vanilla ones and mod/relocalize them to custom names or something.

Reactions:
No, and to be honest, I'm personally done expanding this converter. It's on life support until EU5 is announced and we can leave it be.
For custom mercenary companies you can copy over some vanilla ones and mod/relocalize them to custom names or something.
When you say it's on life support, does this mean there will still be an update available for EU4 version 1.35?

• 2Like
Reactions:
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

LeonReleaseBanner.png

For CK2[3.3] and EU4[1.35]

CK2ToEU4, 1.0 de Leon​

Life Support Release

Nothing major. 1.35 EU4 is now supported, but otherwise contributors are expanding support for their favorite mods (Mesopotamia Reborn, Jewish Kings, Jewish Immersion, Ancient Religions Reborn, Dunhuang Immersion Pack, Pamir Immersion Pack, & Peloponnesian Immersion Pack and so on). No new functionality.

Hotfixes​

• Thankfully, none.

Coldfixes​

• Minor corrections to decisions and events.
  • Some province mappings corrections.
  • Minor Sunset Invasion fixes.

Enhancements​

• Compatibility with 1.35 EU4.
  • Expanding support for Tianxia
  • Added numerous additional culture maps for a lot of different mods so those are now supported.
  • Updated culture, religion, & title mappings for mod compatibility.

Shuffles​

• Nope, nothing was done.

• 3Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
Have you guys dropped compatibility with the imperator to ck2 converter? The divergent cultures from the august update don't convert.
No, but Shiny (ImpToCK2's dev) probably didn't have time to create a compatch yet. I'll poke him.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Have you guys dropped compatibility with the imperator to ck2 converter? The divergent cultures from the august update don't convert.
Entirely my fault, I'll try to have it fixed by the end of the day

• 1Like
Reactions:
Thank you both very much
It should be fixed now, update your installation of the converter and all of the I:R to CK2 divergence cultures will be carried over

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hey, everyone! I just tried the new converter version for my Roman Empire CK2 game. I noticed that EU 1.35 offers a special tier1 monarchy reform for the Roman Empire (roman_empire_ reform), but apparently the converter still gives the old autocracy reform. Is it an oversight or is there some logic behind it that has to do with CK2 decrees? If the former is the case, could you please fix it? As always, thank you very much for all your work!

It’s probably because that new government is dlc-locked (I think?) & the converter people try to minimize dlc-exclusive content except where necessary to maximize compatibility. It wouldn’t do for a converted Roman Empire game to be unplayable because the devs gave it a dlc-exclusive government, would it?

Also, this converter is on life support & new features aren’t currently being added.

Reactions:
It’s probably because that new government is dlc-locked (I think?) & the converter people try to minimize dlc-exclusive content except where necessary to maximize compatibility. It wouldn’t do for a converted Roman Empire game to be unplayable because the devs gave it a dlc-exclusive government, would it?

Also, this converter is on life support & new features aren’t currently being added.
Oh, I wasn't aware that it was dlc-locked.

i hope this is the right channel, i'm trying to convert a game with ck2-cleanslate but it's not working, it says Could not open configurables/CleanSlate/province_mappings.txt for parsing. i tried many different ways but it doesn't work, what should i do?

i hope this is the right channel, i'm trying to convert a game with ck2-cleanslate but it's not working, it says Could not open configurables/CleanSlate/province_mappings.txt for parsing. i tried many different ways but it doesn't work, what should i do?
Hmm, unfortunate. Go to ck2toeu4 and copy configurables/CleanSlate_province_mappings.txt to configurables/CleanSlate/province_mappings.txt.

Cleanslate support is done via contributions and I don't verify if it works...

Can't. Some of your mods altered the entire map data and as a result zero of the provinces match provinces the converter comprehends. In the future don't run fifty mods that alter the game in every imaginable way. :) Or, if you do, at least try a conversion at day 1 so you don't waste a run.