• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
FAQ

Q
: Is this the official converter?
A: This converter has been done by the same team that specializes in other Paradox converters:
EU4->Vic2, Vic2->HoI4, CK2->EU3, EU3->Vic2, Vic2->HoI3, and relatively soon, Imperator->CK3
It is not official, it does not use official converter's code (though it does recycle some data files).

This is a standalone effort (and so far, the third ck2->eu4 converter to exist).

Does this/will this support Imperator->CK2?
Also, is/will there any support for HOI4 (or HOI3) -> Stellaris?

Thanks!

Does this/will this support Imperator->CK2?
Also, is/will there any support for HOI4 (or HOI3) -> Stellaris?

Thanks!
Imptock2 already exists though it's highly experimental. It should be supported.
Hoi4 to stellaris also exists (google) but it's not one of ours.

Hi everyone, converting from CK2 3.3 to EUIV 1.31 using the De Foix version of the converter.
Used it previously with another CK2 game, worked flawlessly.
I converted this new game and it does something pretty f*cking weird, it crashes about two years into the game (1st of March, I think), but I can reload the save and keep playing until it crashes the next year.
The crashing month changes, but it's always on the 1st.
No other mods installed, I tried a few nations with the same result.

Here's the CK2 save and the EUIV mod.
Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• HELLENIC.ck2
    180,9 MB · Views: 0
  • Hellenes.rar
    5,8 MB · Views: 0
Hi everyone, converting from CK2 3.3 to EUIV 1.31 using the De Foix version of the converter.
Used it previously with another CK2 game, worked flawlessly.
I converted this new game and it does something pretty f*cking weird, it crashes about two years into the game (1st of March, I think), but I can reload the save and keep playing until it crashes the next year.
The crashing month changes, but it's always on the 1st.
No other mods installed, I tried a few nations with the same result.

Here's the CK2 save and the EUIV mod.
Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.
Gildehusen is the current converter build, for 1.31.5. If it still crashes explain who you're playing, upload again the save and the mod.

Gildehusen is the current converter build, for 1.31.5. If it still crashes explain who you're playing, upload again the save and the mod.
I'm aware, though I've stated that I used CK2 3.3 and EUIV 1.31, which work with the De Foix converter, I'm doing this on purpose and this has worked fine in the past.
I also said that I tried multiple nations in that converted game, to the same result, but the main nation I wanted to play was Magna Indus, a Greek kingdom in India.

Alright so I tried it anyway, updated EUIV to 1.31.5, and used Gildehusen.
Same result, crash about two years into the game on the first of the month.
Here's the new converted mod.

Edit: Also added the crash log, I'm not an expert so I'm not sure what to make of it.

Attachments

• HELLAS1.rar
    4,6 MB · Views: 0
  • eu4_20210804_122601.rar
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Alright so I tried it anyway, updated EUIV to 1.31.5, and used Gildehusen.
Same result, crash about two years into the game on the first of the month.
Here's the new converted mod.

Edit: Also added the crash log, I'm not an expert so I'm not sure what to make of it.
I'm seeing the crash and am very curious as to what causes it. To debug this properly I need your conversion's log.txt and full list of mods you used.

There you go, as for the mods, I didn't check any of them during the conversion, as I quickly realized that It absolutely messed everything up.
I use HIP and a few minor ones, and it has always worked wonderfuly in EUIV with this converter as long as I kept it unchecked in the conversion.

Attachments

• log.txt
    18,1 KB · Views: 0
There you go, as for the mods, I didn't check any of them during the conversion, as I quickly realized that It absolutely messed everything up.
I use HIP and a few minor ones, and it has always worked wonderfuly in EUIV with this converter as long as I kept it unchecked in the conversion.
This isn't a HIP SWMH game, so checking it would mess up everything indeed.

As I said, I need the mod list. I see you used city of wonders, I need the rest as well.

This isn't a HIP SWMH game, so checking it would mess up everything indeed.

As I said, I need the mod list. I see you used city of wonders, I need the rest as well.
Alright, that should be it:

HIP
Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul
An Antique Land - HIP
Better Merc Bands
Caesar's Books
Caesar's Wonders
Rich Childhood
Languages and Linguistics (CK2RPG)
Cities of Wonders HIP
Destroy and Convert Settlement
HIP EMF Cultural Bonus
Fitna Fracture
Harranian Immersion Pack
LMM Immersive Army Leadership
LMM Councillior XP
LMM Immersive Title Grant
LMM Religious and Cultural Hatred
LMM Spouse Empowerement
Missing WOL Education Events
Cipher's More Realm Laws V1.2 Update Fix
More Ambitions - Find Purpose
More Buildable Wonders
MTA Veneration Selection for HIP
Nicknames+++
New Immersive Events
Generational Inbreeding
Vasikle's Patrum Scuta for HIP
Peloponnesian Immersion Pack
Your Personal Castle
Piety Based Reformation
Prisoner Marriage
More Doctrines with Reformation 6
The Orders of Chivalry
Theatrum Orbis Terrarum
Autonomous Dependant States
Vassal's Culture Spread
VIET Events Reborn

Alright I take that back, it's not "Just a few minor" mods, I hadn't realized.

Last edited:
Alright, that should be it:

HIP
Artifact Acquisition and Overhaul
An Antique Land - HIP
Better Merc Bands
Caesar's Books
Caesar's Wonders
Rich Childhood
Languages and Linguistics (CK2RPG)
Cities of Wonders HIP
Destroy and Convert Settlement
HIP EMF Cultural Bonus
Fitna Fracture
Harranian Immersion Pack
LMM Immersive Army Leadership
LMM Councillior XP
LMM Immersive Title Grant
LMM Religious and Cultural Hatred
LMM Spouse Empowerement
Missing WOL Education Events
Cipher's More Realm Laws V1.2 Update Fix
More Ambitions - Find Purpose
More Buildable Wonders
MTA Veneration Selection for HIP
Nicknames+++
New Immersive Events
Generational Inbreeding
Vasikle's Patrum Scuta for HIP
Peloponnesian Immersion Pack
Your Personal Castle
Piety Based Reformation
Prisoner Marriage
More Doctrines with Reformation 6
The Orders of Chivalry
Theatrum Orbis Terrarum
Autonomous Dependant States
Vassal's Culture Spread
VIET Events Reborn

Alright I take that back, it's not "Just a few minor" mods, I hadn't realized.
We're investigating, but from all preliminaries, it may well be an internal eu4 bug, yet unfixed in 1.31.5.2. I'll ping you if we manage to fix it, but my hopes aren't high.

We're investigating, but from all preliminaries, it may well be an internal eu4 bug, yet unfixed in 1.31.5.2. I'll ping you if we manage to fix it, but my hopes aren't high.
As I said before I also tried it on 1.31.0 and it crashed just the same, while I played another converted game in the same conditions and it worked just fine.

Last edited:
As I said before I also tried it on 1.31.0 and it crashed just the same, while I played another converted game in the same conditions and it worked just fine.
Do you have the mod of the save that worked fine? If so can you zip and upload it here?

Alright, here it is.
Converted from CK2 3.3 to EUIV 1.31.0, using the De Foix version of the converter.
No EUIV mods, and I don't remember all of the mods used in CK2 although HIP is one of them.

Attachments

• Provincia_Africa_Ibericus_Proconsularis1407_07_23.rar
    5,9 MB · Views: 0
Alright, here it is.
Converted from CK2 3.3 to EUIV 1.31.0, using the De Foix version of the converter.
No EUIV mods, and I don't remember all of the mods used in CK2 although HIP is one of them.
Thank you. I believe we have identified and fixed the cause of the crashes. Please redownload the 1.0G converter after deleting old one(s) and retry.

Incredible, it works perfectly.
Thank you very much, I'm curious though, what was the issue?
Vanilla game reshuffled ming tributaries and we haven't updated the list properly, among other minor issues. Ended up with two fictious tributaries that were not on map but were in files and this somehow was enough to crash the game.

Poor filtering on game's part, nothing more.

I see, well, glad that could be fixed, thanks again.
Though I'm back with a new crash, consistent on the 1st of August 1506, it's from the same CK2 save as before except I released a few vassals for balance before converting the game, so it's essentially the same.
Here are the log files, could you look into it?

Attachments

• eu4_20210807_023810.rar
    1,5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
I see, well, glad that could be fixed, thanks again.
Though I'm back with a new crash, consistent on the 1st of August 1506, it's from the same CK2 save as before except I released a few vassals for balance before converting the game, so it's essentially the same.
Here are the log files, could you look into it?
The farther you move from conversion date, the less the crashes are related to the mod and more to inherent EU4 CTDs which are still present in 1.31.5.2. I need the save + the exact mod you're running so please zip it all together and upload here. Also a full list of mods if you're running any.

Again, no guarantees, as this is doubtfully a converter issue this time.