• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hello! Is there gonna be a chance that this converter going to support ck2's city of wonders mod in the future?
Our longstanding policy is not to support mods where authors haven't expressed active interest in working with us to make such support possible and to maintain compatibility over time.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hi! How long do you think is going to take for the 1.31.5 update? No pressure intended, just to know :D

(p.s. right know converted games' armies in 1.31.5 cannot drill, the game says "you miss required technology" regardless of your actual miltech).

Hi! How long do you think is going to take for the 1.31.5 update? No pressure intended, just to know :D

(p.s. right know converted games' armies in 1.31.5 cannot drill, the game says "you miss required technology" regardless of your actual miltech).
Yes.

Reactions:
1.0 Gildenhusen
NEW VERSION NOW RELEASED!
(DIRECT LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD)

BarcelonaReleaseBanner.png
FOR CK2 [3.3] AND EU4 [1.31.5+]

CK2ToEU4, 1.0 Gildehusen​

Monumental Release​

Converter has been updated for 1.31.5, as well as bringing in Leviathan support for importing CK2 wonders into dynamically built EU4 monuments.

Hotfixes​

• Incoming compressed saves will no longer fail to load if they have been renamed by user

Coldfixes​

• Minor fixes to custom nation name pools.
  • Jin converts to the right Jin

Enhancements​

• Support for CK2 wonders - dynamically build wonders turn into EU4 monuments for Leviathan owners, or into regular province modifiers (as before) for non-Leviathan owners. As many EU4 premade wonders have been synced up with their CK2 counterparts as possible, and have been expanded to support a wider array of CK2-based cultures and religions.

Shuffles​

• Various tag mapping corrections.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The creator of Cities of Wonders is dead; the mod will not get any more updates.
That changes little, and to the worse. I have never played with that mod, I have no idea what it entails, and only way I'll be putting in support fr it - if one is needed at all - is if someone comes along and provides necessary documentation/files/guidance/Pull Requests.

Uh hi, this is my first time posting on the Paradox forums, but like my 7th using some variant of the CK2 to EU4 converter. I've been having a problem with the recent release where the game runs well for the first 30 years, but then crashes in 1471 every single time, especially during the later half of the year. I was wondering if there's a fix for it?

Attachments

• log.txt
    18,2 KB · Views: 0
Reactions:
Uh hi, this is my first time posting on the Paradox forums, but like my 7th using some variant of the CK2 to EU4 converter. I've been having a problem with the recent release where the game runs well for the first 30 years, but then crashes in 1471 every single time, especially during the later half of the year. I was wondering if there's a fix for it?
That's one of many wonderful eu4 vanilla bugs. This is the wrong place to ask for a fix, unfortunately.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Me too, I have exactly the same problem, the game crashes between 1468 and 1470 every single time. It does not happen with vanilla.
That's one of many wonderful eu4 vanilla bugs. This is the wrong place to ask for a fix, unfortunately.
Mmm not sure about that, 'cause I am experiencing the same thing. My converted games crash every single time after 1468 - 1470.
It does not happen with vanilla.

Me too, I have exactly the same problem, the game crashes between 1468 and 1470 every single time. It does not happen with vanilla.

Mmm not sure about that, 'cause I am experiencing the same thing. My converted games crash every single time after 1468 - 1470.
It does not happen with vanilla.
When 1.31 first came out every third vanilla bug report was about crashes around 1470. The converter produces a mod that's more or less identical to what ck3toeu4 produces and people don't report crashes there. What you're looking at is most likely vanilla issue triggered by the state of the world that didn't happen in your vanilla games. Missions, government reforms, who knows. We sure don't as crashes don't leave behind error logs that we can use.

Hi, new to the Paradox forums, Finally decided to do a mega campaign. Used the Foix update, it worked in making the mod for eu4, but crashed every year. Now trying the Gildehusen update, and i copy pasted the details from one to the other, it came up with an error, try to load then resave the ck2 file in a seperate save name. it still comes up with the same error.

Really appreciate the work on this mod. Love both games and always wanted to do this.

Attachments

• log.txt
    9,3 KB · Views: 0
Hi, new to the Paradox forums, Finally decided to do a mega campaign. Used the Foix update, it worked in making the mod for eu4, but crashed every year. Now trying the Gildehusen update, and i copy pasted the details from one to the other, it came up with an error, try to load then resave the ck2 file in a seperate save name. it still comes up with the same error.

Really appreciate the work on this mod. Love both games and always wanted to do this.
Converter is asking you for a path to ck2 doc directory. You are giving it path to ck2 mod directory instead, which is a subfolder of the doc directory.

Converter is asking you for a path to ck2 doc directory. You are giving it path to ck2 mod directory instead, which is a subfolder of the doc directory.
It is a copy paste of the one i used for the Foix update, which converted fine, so i don't know why that is happening.

Attachments

• CK2EU4QA.PNG
    CK2EU4QA.PNG
    585,7 KB · Views: 0
It is a copy paste of the one i used for the Foix update, which converted fine, so i don't know why that is happening.
Why do you assume they take same inputs? I just told you what is wrong.

Sorry, it is because it uses the same language in the 'path' tab as the previous update, and the rest of the update is seemingly word for word the same. I am completely new to this and just guessed that it was the same, and went in with a mindset of 'same names, same needs'. I don't understand what the difference is between a ck2 doc directory, or a ck2 mod directory. So please expand upon the solution given above.

Many thanks for the support.

Sorry, it is because it uses the same language in the 'path' tab as the previous update, and the rest of the update is seemingly word for word the same. I am completely new to this and just guessed that it was the same, and went in with a mindset of 'same names, same needs'. I don't understand what the difference is between a ck2 doc directory, or a ck2 mod directory. So please expand upon the solution given above.

Many thanks for the support.

A CK2 doc directory will be something like C:\Users\idhre\OneDrive\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II
A CK2 mod directory will be something like C:\Users\idhre\OneDrive\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod

The mod directory is one deeper.

Thanks for the support, i misread the problem as being the savefile as it was the error, not the actual directory to get to it.
Thank you for the support again, now looking forward to being either blue flobbed or Spainish empire'd to death.

:)

Hey. I got this errors. Have used three other versions of the converter and they have always worked for me without any problems?

Tried to convert with an older version with the convert and it worked. So it is not the save who is messed up.

Attachments

• log.txt
    719 bytes · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hey. I got this errors. Have used three other versions of the converter and they have always worked for me without any problems?

Tried to convert with an older version with the convert and it worked. So it is not the save who is messed up.
Run vc_redist.x64.exe in converter folder.